What’s your thoughts on IG resignation
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

What’s your thoughts on IG resignation

The IG resignation was very telling what are your thoughts? Sounds like Newhouse needs to be looked into himself???

Unregistered
    The city won’t want the press. They’ll say he left because his cultural norms of 35 years in the FBI don’t relate to city police department and it’ll all go away

Unregistered

Newhouse is untouchable for all he knows

https://www.winknews.com/2019/02/21/...investigation/

Thursday, WINK News confirmed Police Chief Derrick Diggs ordered an administrative investigation on Captain William Newhouse.

We got a copy of the letter from the police department to a former detective who filed the complaint. The complaint accuses Newhouse of mishandling a homicide investigation. We have not confirmed which one.

The investigation into Newhouse comes after the department put Captain Jay Rodriguez on paid administrative leave last week.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating Rodriguez for a video from 2013. The then-lieutenant is accused of engaging in a sex act during an undercover prostitution sting.

Reporter: Taylor Petras

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.winknews.com/2019/02/21/...investigation/

Thursday, WINK News confirmed Police Chief Derrick Diggs ordered an administrative investigation on Captain William Newhouse.

We got a copy of the letter from the police department to a former detective who filed the complaint. The complaint accuses Newhouse of mishandling a homicide investigation. We have not confirmed which one.

The investigation into Newhouse comes after the department put Captain Jay Rodriguez on paid administrative leave last week.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating Rodriguez for a video from 2013. The then-lieutenant is accused of engaging in a sex act during an undercover prostitution sting.

Reporter: Taylor Petras
    Okay Einstein……..

Unregistered
    The IG resignation was very telling what are your thoughts? Sounds like Newhouse needs to be looked into himself???
    IG'S resignation to me spells out 3rd floor corruption, this drama ain't over with.

Unregistered
    I disagree with IG about hard working and professionalism. Most of the people here are lazy @ss b!tches,* whiners and cowards. And worst of all the criminals with a gun and badge.

Unregistered
    my thoughts are.....I told you so. I'm sure I'm not the only one

Unregistered

Fidelity Bravery Integrity

FMPD Inspector General resigns after ethics complaints to chief’s office

Published:October 29, 2021 10:31 PM EDT

In his letter of resignation, the former Fort Myers Police Department Inspector General, Donald Oswald, is making serious accusations against the Fort Myers Police Department.

The Inspector General for the Fort Myers Police Department is on the police payroll specifically to audit and investigate the department. One of the reasons Oswald suddenly resigned this week was because he accused the department of trying to hide the true cost of building a new police station not only Fort Myers City Council but also from taxpayers.

“My issue is that no public official has the right to order or suggest to a subordinate.. that they not discuss a $30 to $35 million overrun,” Oswald said.

That overrun is the projected cost of turning the old News-Press building located in downtown Fort Myers into a new police station for FMPD. The initial cost for the project that was brought to the city is about $34M. Now estimates to finish the project are reaching $80M.

“There’s no excuse to not keep you public officials informed that there’s a duty,” said Oswald. The discrepancy caused Oswald to bring his concerns to Chief Diggs. “And he… this was a quote… ‘I give you direct order not to present that memo.. or pass that memo,'” Oswald said.

Later, the chief did open an internal affairs investigation, which, Oswald says, created even more problems.

In his letter of resignation to Chief Diggs, former Inspector General Oswald pointed to a specific internal affairs investigation into Major William Newhouse. Oswald’s complaint is what initiated the investigation. He also says the investigation in Major Newhouse was set to be conducted by someone who worked under him.

“You don’t assign something to someone’s subordinate.. and expect that they’re going to do the right thing or good job,” Oswald said.

So, that investigation was closed and they found no fault. Oswald says he couldn’t live with this and still work at the department. He feared more retaliation. “I thought we were moving in the right direction,” Oswald said.

Johnny Streets is a Fort Myers City Councilman and a former police officer. He says he knows the name, William Newhouse. “Even when I was at the police department, I left Major Newhouse there. I don’t know…I will say, in some other instances, of some complaints that some of these folks’ names, mainly Newhouse comes up,” said Streets.

Oswald says he’s not alone in pointing fingers. “Mayor Anderson told me that he was sick to his stomach hearing it and that he felt like anybody who did something like that should lose their job,” said Oswald. Donald Oswald says that Chief Derrick Diggs is part of the problem. “He, with the Major, have become the problem that Chief Diggs was brought into,” he said. “It’s… it’s the truth.”

WINK News asked the police department and the individuals in this story for a comment.

FMPD originally said that they would provide WINK News with a statement on Friday. However, a spokesperson for the department said all questions must go to the City of Fort Myers. None of the other individuals responded.

Fort Myers Mayor Kevin Anderson says he was disturbed by what he heard. But because he hasn’t seen the report on the Newhouse investigation, he declined to comment further. Fort Myers City Councilman Liston Bouchette says he’s waiting on a legal review of the situation but supports any action that will get answers. Councilman Streets says he’s waiting for all of the facts. of the facts.

Reporter:Chris Cifatte

https://www.winknews.com/2021/10/29/...iefs-office-2/

Unregistered
    Do not worry about him. He is busy ordering the chief another take home car. Due to the current chip shortage they have convinced the city to get a Range Rover for the chief.
    All you keyboard warriors. Why are you working here when you’re SO SMART! Your knowledge is immeasurable and your ethics the same. Why don’t you man up and post your names or be big boys and make an appointment with the Chief and express your discord to him? Or make an appointment with the IG and let him know? But then we wouldn’t want to take our masks off prior to Halloween….you have one more day folks before your masks come off. Thank you I.T. Unit! Freedom of speech is one thing but knowing who all of you are…..PRICELESS!!!

Unregistered
    All you keyboard warriors. Why are you working here when you’re SO SMART! Your knowledge is immeasurable and your ethics the same. Why don’t you man up and post your names or be big boys and make an appointment with the Chief and express your discord to him? Or make an appointment with the IG and let him know? But then we wouldn’t want to take our masks off prior to Halloween….you have one more day folks before your masks come off. Thank you I.T. Unit! Freedom of speech is one thing but knowing who all of you are…..PRICELESS!!!
    Are you fu@king kidding. Make an appointment with the chief. That guy will not even look you in the eye, acknowledge you if you are 1 on 1 in the elevator, give you the time of day. And if your a patrol scrub you are a peasant who should bow in his presence.

And if you fly to Ohio where he always is he would ignore you there. If the hammer drops on yet another 3rd floor admin screw the pooch. I will make an appointment to help him move out of his penthouse suite.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast