What’s your thoughts on IG resignation - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why target her WTF has she done to you??? You may want to check your shit
    EXACTLY!!!! She’s been nothing but a great cop so take your garage comments to the dump where they belong.

Unregistered
    EXACTLY!!!! She’s been nothing but a great cop so take your garage comments to the dump where they belong.
    Can you explain how she is a great cop when she hardly worked as a cop? Please enlighten us.

Unregistered
    Can you explain how she is a great cop when she hardly worked as a cop? Please enlighten us.
    Why don’t YOU enlighten us since you’re so smart. Are you running the department now? If not, go back to taking care of the citizens instead of being paid to blog BS

Unregistered
    Attorney for William Newhouse, former FMPD official, sheds light on retirement

Published:November 11, 2021 6:37 PM EST

Former Fort Myers police Maj. William Newhouse retired from the force last week, amid scrutiny.

For the first time, through an attorney, Newhouse is addressing the issue.

Newhouse’s attorney, Robert Burandt, said his client’s departure had nothing to do with the chaos, but instead with the ensuing stress it caused.

Newhouse retired on Nov. 4, almost a full week after former FMPD Inspector General Donald Oswald resigned and accused the department of not properly investigating an internal affairs investigation on Newhouse.

Oswald filed a complaint earlier this year after he said he witnessed Newhouse order a subordinate not to discuss with city council cost overruns for new police headquarters.

Oswald said the internal affairs investigation was mishandled because it was done by another Newhouse subordinate.

Since then, at least four members of the city council have said they would like to review the investigation, in addition to the mayor and a citizens review board.

Burandt said he believes Newhouse will cooperate with any independent investigation if the city decides to do one.

Burandt said Newhouse told a lieutenant not to spread rumors about the possible cost of changing the former News-Press site into a new home for the police department.

Burandt said Newhouse has nothing to hide.

“The inspector general says that Newhouse said, let them spend that $36 million before they find out it’s going to cost more,” Burandt said. “But think about that statement. Do you really think the city council and the mayor would spend $36 million without knowing what the end costs would be? I mean, that statement alone is a fabrication of what Newhouse said at that meeting.”

Burandt said he was hired by Newhouse to help deal with the stress of the situation.

“He’s just trying to eliminate put some barrier between himself in the stress. That’s all,” Burandt said.

WINK News asked Burandt if Newhouse was pushed out.

“No, no, absolutely not. In fact, I don’t think the chief wanted him to go,” Burandt said.

Burandt said Newhouse and Oswald butted heads about Newhouse’s style of management days before Oswald filed the complaint.

“Inspector General, as well, made a comment to Newhouse about his management style,” Burandt said. “And basically, Major Newhouse told him it’s really not your business. You’re not my boss. I’m not in your chain of command. I answered the deputy chief, not to you. I don’t know what else was said. But it was not apparently a pleasant conversation.”

While Burandt said while he and Newhouse would cooperate with an investigation, he thinks it would be a complete waste of money and time.

Burandt acknowledged its speculation but said, in his opinion, Oswald went after Newhouse because Oswald wanted to be chief of the police department.

Burandt points to Oswald’s resignation letter where he slams Fort Myers police Chief Derrick Diggs for asking a subordinate of Newhouse’s to investigate him.

“His resignation letter, his complaint to the chief, he seems to be a little arrogant, for lack of a better term,” Burandt said. “He likes to promote his own self-worth, his integrity.”

WINK News cannot find any record of Oswald applying for the chief’s job when the city hired Diggs in 2016.

Oswald told WINK News he’s never applied for the position of chief.

And the idea that he wants to be chief now is “ridiculous.”

But Oswald did ask the chief twice not to allow a subordinate to investigate Newhouse.

But Diggs allowed it anyway.

“That happens all the time in law enforcement,” Burandt said. “We have sergeants investigating majors, lieutenants investigating captains, that’s not unusual in the law enforcement realm.”

Newhouse was the subject of a separate internal investigation in 2018.

A subordinate also led that investigation.

Fort Myers City Manager Marty Lawing could decide to launch an independent investigation, but so far he hasn’t said he will.

Burandt said Lawing wouldn’t know how to do it.

“He doesn’t know how to do an investigation,” Burandt said. “He’d be trampling all over the officer rights.”

“Nobody there knows how to do it except for Newhouse and the people that work for him,” Burandt added.

Reporter:Sydney Persing

https://www.winknews.com/2021/11/11/...on-retirement/

Unregistered
    “That happens all the time in law enforcement,” Burandt said. “We have sergeants investigating majors, lieutenants investigating captains, that’s not unusual in the law enforcement realm.”

https://www.winknews.com/2021/11/11/...on-retirement/
    Not in fair and impartial investigations. This sham "investigation" was a verdict in search of a trial.

Unregistered
    Shit finally caught up to him. retires abruptly, says he is willing to answer questions and help in any investigation. But you must go through his recently retained attorney. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Unregistered

Here's Major Shithouse

Former FMPD Major William Newhouse: former inspector general ‘got it completely wrong’
    Published:November 12, 2021 6:02 PM EST
    Updated:November 12, 2021 6:10 PM EST
    A high-ranking police official at the Fort Myers Police Department who unexpectedly retired last week amid scandal is speaking to WINK News.

Former Major William Newhouse was accused of telling a subordinate not to disclose to city leaders the cost overruns of a new police headquarters.

In his attorney’s office Friday morning, Newhouse said he’s not going to hide.

“It shocked me,” Newhouse said. “It completely hit me from left field.”

Newhouse was accused by former FMPD Inspector General Donald Oswald of ordering a subordinate to keep the cost hidden of turning the former News-Press site into a new police department was misinterpreted.

Oswald resigned on Oct. 29 after he said the police department’s internal affairs investigation on his accusation was a sham because it was conducted by one of Newhouse’s subordinates.

Newhouse said the investigation was conducted by a subordinate because the law doesn’t allow anyone from outside the department to do one if it could lead to disciplinary action.

Newhouse said he believes his conversation with a lieutenant was misinterpreted by Oswald. Newhouse said he was telling his lieutenant not to spread rumors.

“No one else in that room misinterpreted that comment,” Newhouse said. “If he thought what I said was wrong. He had a duty to say so then at that meeting. He should have said ‘no, explain what you mean.’ But he didn’t do that.”

Oswald filed the complaint two weeks after the meeting.

Newhouse said when he first learned of Oswald’s complaint he went straight to Fort Myers police Chief Derrick Diggs.

“I did say to the chief, you know, if this causes you embarrassment and you’d like me to leave it, I’d be happy to leave. But he said, absolutely not, you haven’t done anything wrong. You stay,” Newhouse said.

Newhouse said there was no reason for him to stay after Oswald filed the allegations against him.

“I could have retired … I could have left, had not gone through the internal affairs investigation,” Newhouse said. “I stayed and allowed that investigation to go through. Because I knew that I had done nothing wrong.”

Newhouse said it’s hard for him to speculate on why Oswald filed his complaint.

“Maybe he believed in his head it was true,” Newhouse said. “I’m not sure. I just think he got it completely wrong.”

Newhouse said he will cooperate with any independent investigation.

Reporter: Sydney Persing

https://www.winknews.com/2021/11/12/...pletely-wrong/

Unregistered
    Former FMPD Major William Newhouse: former inspector general ‘got it completely wrong’
    A high-ranking police official at the Fort Myers Police Department who unexpectedly retired last week amid scandal is speaking to WINK News.

Former Major William Newhouse was accused of telling a subordinate not to disclose to city leaders the cost overruns of a new police headquarters.

Newhouse was accused by former FMPD Inspector General Donald Oswald of ordering a subordinate to keep the cost hidden of turning the former News-Press site into a new police department was misinterpreted.

Oswald resigned on Oct. 29 after he said the police department’s internal affairs investigation on his accusation was a sham because it was conducted by one of Newhouse’s subordinates.

Newhouse said the investigation was conducted by a subordinate because the law doesn’t allow anyone from outside the department to do one if it could lead to disciplinary action.

Newhouse said he believes his conversation with a lieutenant was misinterpreted by Oswald. Newhouse said he was telling his lieutenant not to spread rumors.

“No one else in that room misinterpreted that comment,” Newhouse said. “If he thought what I said was wrong. He had a duty to say so then at that meeting. He should have said ‘no, explain what you mean.’ But he didn’t do that.”

Newhouse said when he first learned of Oswald’s complaint he went straight to Fort Myers police Chief Derrick Diggs.

“I did say to the chief, you know, if this causes you embarrassment and you’d like me to leave it, I’d be happy to leave. But he said, absolutely not, you haven’t done anything wrong. You stay,” Newhouse said.

Newhouse said there was no reason for him to stay after Oswald filed the allegations against him.

“I could have retired … I could have left, had not gone through the internal affairs investigation,” Newhouse said. “I stayed and allowed that investigation to go through. Because I knew that I had done nothing wrong.”

“Maybe he believed in his head it was true,” Newhouse said. “I’m not sure. I just think he got it completely wrong.”

They are BOTH gone. Why are we still consumed with these two?? NEXT….

Unregistered

He looks just like a weasel 🤣🤣🤣

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3337332]

Read the interview he was ready to leave in June idiot smmfh 😂😂😂
    And what stopped him? 😂😂😂 Someone please call Steve Wilkos’s show! “You did not tell the truth!”😂😂😂

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast