DeSantis recruiting LEO's fired for Covid Policies

Unregistered

DeSantis recruiting LEO's fired for Covid Policies

So, DeSantis is recruiting LEO's from across the nation touting "No Covid 19 Mandates in Florida".....How's that going to work with Chaz's clearly punitive policy??

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ate-to-florida

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, DeSantis is recruiting LEO's from across the nation touting "No Covid 19 Mandates in Florida".....How's that going to work with Chaz's clearly punitive policy??

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ate-to-florida
    I'm usually a fan of DeSantis. But not on this one. Once again the front line workers who've been here much longer than he has, get shiiiit on. Were's our "$5,000" bonus? We got $1,000 earlier this year, meaning those who are not doing the job in FL (yet) get MORE than those who have been.

Hey DeSantis, wanna retain excellent LEOs, and certainly attract new ones? Bring back COLA retroactively!!! Until that happens, good luck getting out of state LEOS as new hires. This sign on bonus to attract out of state LEOs will fail when they realize FL has NO COLA.

And this $5,000 "sign on bonus" wasn't really thought out very well. In order to retain LEOs (who says the new hires won't take the $5,000 bonus and leave in a few years .... {That's certainly how HCSO rolls!!!!!!}), how about a bonus step plan? $2,000 year 1, another $2,250 year 2, another $2,500 year 3, another $3,000 year 4, another $3,250 year 5, another $3,500 year 6, another $4,000 year 7.... and so on up to an additional $5,000 every year.

DeSantis, It's good that you're trying to get out of state LEOs here, but bring your A game or stay home. This shiiiit won't fly. Especially for retaining LEOs already working here.

Unregistered
    I'm usually a fan of DeSantis. But not on this one. Once again the front line workers who've been here much longer than he has, get shiiiit on. Were's our "$5,000" bonus? We got $1,000 earlier this year, meaning those who are not doing the job in FL (yet) get MORE than those who have been.

Hey DeSantis, wanna retain excellent LEOs, and certainly attract new ones? Bring back COLA retroactively!!! Until that happens, good luck getting out of state LEOS as new hires. This sign on bonus to attract out of state LEOs will fail when they realize FL has NO COLA.

And this $5,000 "sign on bonus" wasn't really thought out very well. In order to retain LEOs (who says the new hires won't take the $5,000 bonus and leave in a few years .... {That's certainly how HCSO rolls!!!!!!}), how about a bonus step plan? $2,000 year 1, another $2,250 year 2, another $2,500 year 3, another $3,000 year 4, another $3,250 year 5, another $3,500 year 6, another $4,000 year 7.... and so on up to an additional $5,000 every year.

DeSantis, It's good that you're trying to get out of state LEOs here, but bring your A game or stay home. This shiiiit won't fly. Especially for retaining LEOs already working here.
    Move back to NY then. We don’t want you.

Unregistered

DESANTIS is the MAN

Unregistered
    DESANTIS is the MAN
    Ron DeSantis is the best thing to ever happen to Florida. Everyone knows it. Look how many people are moving here. I see out-of-state tags everywhere

Unregistered
    Ron DeSantis is the best thing to ever happen to Florida. Everyone knows it. Look how many people are moving here. I see out-of-state tags everywhere
    Yeah, wait til they tell you, "Well, in New Yawk we do it this way....."

Unregistered
    The Gov's cash means nothing. RETURN THE FRS HIGH RISK PENSION SYSTEM BACK THE THE WAY IT WAS!

Unregistered
    And don’t forget about the retired deputies that are having trouble making ends meet. It would be nice to have a raise across the board. These bills are killing my wife and I.

Unregistered
    Attention potential Floridan law enforcement officers:

****** F L O R I D A H A S N O C O S T O F L I V I N G A D J U S T M E N T ******

Attention potential HCSO Deputies:

****** HCSO MERIT INCREASES ARE WELL BELOW INFLATION RATES ******