Calls for service sop

Unregistered

Calls for service sop

Why doesn’t this agency modify, change, or suspend certain sections of SOPs due to being critically short staffed?

“Short staffed. Limited menu”. Even minimum wages restaurant managers have the brains and balls to do it.

Here is a freebee. We do not have the manpower to support the section in the calls for service sop that says no call will hold for the next shift. I believe that if the call is not important enough for K9, aviation, a detective call out, crime scene, or a supervisor…. Then it can hold. Be honest and explain that calls will have to hold because we are shorthanded. You can’t push the few deputies we have harder to make up for being short handed. Deputies quit from the non stop going home 3 hours late because of a $50.00 shop lift call or simple battery calls that will be no filed. In the mornings, between 0400-0700 hours, most calls have to do with crazy people, bums, and stupid people doing stupid stuff. Why are night shift deputies doing photo packs 2 hours after their shifts are up and going home 3 hours late over misdemeanor calls? These are the things my friends - zone partners, that have left, complained about. Not the crime, not the death, not the danger, bloody vehicle crashes, and so on... The BS made them quit. The preventable crap.

When day shift, mid shift, and nightshift begin to argue over holding calls getting dumped on their squad, they can STOP and see the the problem is not the other shift. It’s the agency’s failure to give them the tools and time we need to do our jobs. Why do we blame each other? Why not stick together and hold our leaders accountable? We can’t make up for a major failure in our deployment.

This is a common practice, let us fight amongst each other and blame each other for the agency’s negligence. I think it’s designed this way. Maybe matching the SOPs to our staffing levels could be a step in right direction to make things better.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why doesn’t this agency modify, change, or suspend certain sections of SOPs due to being critically short staffed?

“Short staffed. Limited menu”. Even minimum wages restaurant managers have the brains and balls to do it.

Here is a freebee. We do not have the manpower to support the section in the calls for service sop that says no call will hold for the next shift. I believe that if the call is not important enough for K9, aviation, a detective call out, crime scene, or a supervisor…. Then it can hold. Be honest and explain that calls will have to hold because we are shorthanded. You can’t push the few deputies we have harder to make up for being short handed. Deputies quit from the non stop going home 3 hours late because of a $50.00 shop lift call or simple battery calls that will be no filed. In the mornings, between 0400-0700 hours, most calls have to do with crazy people, bums, and stupid people doing stupid stuff. Why are night shift deputies doing photo packs 2 hours after their shifts are up and going home 3 hours late over misdemeanor calls? These are the things my friends - zone partners, that have left, complained about. Not the crime, not the death, not the danger, bloody vehicle crashes, and so on... The BS made them quit. The preventable crap.

When day shift, mid shift, and nightshift begin to argue over holding calls getting dumped on their squad, they can STOP and see the the problem is not the other shift. It’s the agency’s failure to give them the tools and time we need to do our jobs. Why do we blame each other? Why not stick together and hold our leaders accountable? We can’t make up for a major failure in our deployment.

This is a common practice, let us fight amongst each other and blame each other for the agency’s negligence. I think it’s designed this way. Maybe matching the SOPs to our staffing levels could be a step in right direction to make things better.
    Because that is not how law enforcement works. GTFOH with this nonsense!

Unregistered
    While I have busted many of you balls for being wussies, I whole heartedly agree with this post. It is literal bull shitz not to hold a no priority call preventing a deputy that has worked 12 hours from going home! Work hard for your 12, if you get a last minute essential call you should respond, do what you can and supplement if needed, AND GO HOME SAFELY TO YOUR FAMILY!

Unregistered
    Same explanation as everything else that happens around here, because the heroes that make these decisions make them from the comfort of their desk while eating their cake from today’s “National Made Up Holiday” party that got blasted all over our social media. Our Command Staff has “road amnesia” and makes decisions that make them look better, not ones that make your life easier…

Unregistered
    Sounds like you all need better supervisors. My platoon doesn’t have this issue at all. Supervisors make common sense decisions on calls that can hold through shift change.

Unregistered
    Sounds like you all need better supervisors. My platoon doesn’t have this issue at all. Supervisors make common sense decisions on calls that can hold through shift change.
    Same here.

Unregistered
    That’s a big part of the problem, BUT that’s a loaded resolution. Crap supervisors is for another topic. As much as I hate when some rookie supervisor or rank chasing supervisor refuses to look out for us by not getting us home on time, what I hate worse is a good supervisor that does the right thing, the logical thing, but runs the risk of getting in trouble for doing so because of some outdated SOP that does not match our current staffing levels. I’m the original poster, and I believe I have the best supervisors in the agency. Probably the only reason I’m still here. The problem is that they risk their assses every time they cancel a stupid call or let a call hold for the next shift to get us home. Simply to properly manage their staff resources, the call volume, all our admin work, and getting us home to our families. By them doing so, they are wrong on paper. This moron agency needs to be on the same page. The liability should not fall on some low level boss. It should fall on our leaders and brass for getting us home or canceling calls. They keep the liability on low level bosses in case something goes bad. It’s the typical MO of this agency. How about we all be on the same page from the bottom to the top?? When I complain on this site about how things are done, it can’t be solved on the supervisory level. It must be solved to the core. All the way down to the paper. To the last words. I want us to go home on time and our stress load modulated, but that should be an agency paradigm, not transfer the load on to a boss. This agency just has to have its liability meat shield standing by don’t it?

Unregistered
    Because that is not how law enforcement works. GTFOH with this nonsense!
    Warning TROLL alert warning.