The grass is greener...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Former Deputy

The grass is greener...

Left 11 years ago and the grass is still greener. We are hiring like crazy right now.

https://www.cityofirving.org/recruiting

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Deputy View Post
    Left 11 years ago and the grass is still greener. We are hiring like crazy right now.

Thank you. We need more of this. More ways out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you. We need more of this. More ways out.
    Everything's bigger in Texas..... especially the bs.

Unregistered
    Everything's bigger in Texas..... especially the bs.
    Smaller agencies means smaller budget, less money, and having to wear many hats. However, it’s less busy and the career can be done to full term.

Large agencies means more crime and more busy. However, MORE OFFICERS and patrol is far more specific. Meaning patrol is actually patrol. Specialty units handle the rest. Like crime scene units processing vehicle burglaries or robbery detectives showing up on any robbery of any kind, day or night, and even initiating the reports. Basically, it can be done to full term.

Here at the HCSO we have a sweet little scam going. We are deployed and function like a small agency, but with the load of a large agency. More money for the big wigs. Meaning, this job can not be done to full term. We wear way too many hats, not enough of us, and we perform functions that other agencies have delegates to other agencies or departments to ease patrol.

How can they expect us to get anything done? Especially solve the homeless, opiate, and mental health crisis. Which should be solved from their core sources instead of dumped on its LEO’s. Correction, allowed to be dumped…

We get the worse of both worlds here. The absolute worse.

Unregistered
    Smaller agencies means smaller budget, less money, and having to wear many hats. However, it’s less busy and the career can be done to full term.

Large agencies means more crime and more busy. However, MORE OFFICERS and patrol is far more specific. Meaning patrol is actually patrol. Specialty units handle the rest. Like crime scene units processing vehicle burglaries or robbery detectives showing up on any robbery of any kind, day or night, and even initiating the reports. Basically, it can be done to full term.

Here at the HCSO we have a sweet little scam going. We are deployed and function like a small agency, but with the load of a large agency. More money for the big wigs. Meaning, this job can not be done to full term. We wear way too many hats, not enough of us, and we perform functions that other agencies have delegates to other agencies or departments to ease patrol.

How can they expect us to get anything done? Especially solve the homeless, opiate, and mental health crisis. Which should be solved from their core sources instead of dumped on its LEO’s. Correction, allowed to be dumped…

We get the worse of both worlds here. The absolute worse.
    Too fukkin bad, Captain Crater Face!

Unregistered
    Too fukkin bad, Captain Crater Face!
    It’s true though.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Deputy View Post

MM, my friend. Glad to hear things are still going well for you. Best wishes from the best night shift squad on the east side back in day. Still got some pictures after one of the many adventures at Snax. I know things are getting crazy and I hope TX doesn't change for long enough for you to enjoy your retirement. Still got the Glock with your PID? Stay safe.

Unregistered
    MM, my friend. Glad to hear things are still going well for you. Best wishes from the best night shift squad on the east side back in day. Still got some pictures after one of the many adventures at Snax. I know things are getting crazy and I hope TX doesn't change for long enough for you to enjoy your retirement. Still got the Glock with your PID? Stay safe.
    Sold it. Want nothing to do with my PID.

No, I don't think they had rolled out the glocks with the PID number on it yet when I left. I was still carrying the one we "had" to buy. But the old shift when I was 3I4 sure was good times, eh.

Unregistered
    Sold it. Want nothing to do with my PID.
    Boy you showed that arbitrary made up number you mean business hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast