Resignation wreckage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Resignation wreckage

Being that we are nothing more than names on magnetic plastic tabs on a white board in an office or bars and lines on graphs on some desk, our leaders don’t understand what our PEOPLE, doing the job as deputies, say before they quit. The real reasons they have left this job and agency. Nobody listens other than real friends. They act that deputies put on for the bosses and leaders is a last ditch effort to look good and hopefully get noticed in order to transfer out of the bad overload areas. The problem is things are not getting better and have gotten worse too fast so not playing the game becomes a survival instinct and they quit.

These deputies that quit never mention danger or even this anti cop climate. They are even grateful for the pay and nice THINGS they were issued. Their main complaints are always having to light the candle at both ends and going home late. When talking to them like human beings, they simply wanted the trivial things that leaders would ridicule you for asking for. Basic things that could make this 30 year career possible. Which it is not. Death by 1000 cuts are why PEOPLE have been quitting and the disconnected leaders who don’t listen.

Spending tax payer money for better cars is easy. It takes no thinking and can be easily delegated. New Silverado’s and Tahoe’s are not the solution. Besides, the Chargers were garbage, and much like this line of work, the automotive industry has become a money hungry crap shoot building garbage cars not suitable for LEO work. So that decision was not all for us. That’s for another topic. “Why are they quitting? Don’t they like their new Tahoe’s?”. That’s the same as having zero relationship with your kids, never being home, and asking, “Why do my kids hate me, I bought them all new clothes and new cars”. It’s not about the pay or stuff. It’s about listening and tending to REAL needs.

Going home 2 to 3 hours late every shift in a Silverado sucks just as bad as going home late in a 20 year old Crown Vic. Adding positives to this job is not the solution. Removing negative IS the answer. Better cars was a solution for bad cars. More vacation hours or whatever is not the answer. Everybody I know are quite happy with the perks.

Being made to light the candle at both ends while your life is in danger and constantly having to prevent going to prison is the real issue here. We need admin time. We need a real mid shift. The hard stuff. The stuff that required BALLS to change, not just tax money funded STUFF. Get these night shift people home! We literally started working the day before. What kind of quality can you expect giving us a case the morning we should be logging off? After 12 or 13 hours. Even truck drivers can only drive 8 hours a day. How long do we drive? Many of the stressfully pointless calls, our terrible staffing, these pointless reports, the conflicting SOP’s, it all has to change. Starting with not going to high liability non police matter calls where we have no legal ground yet have to solve the problem to prevent complaints. The constant arguing with people about how we can’t do something. They why respond? Yeah, it’s tough. May have to go against country why trends. Citizens want change and apparently officers do too because they are quitting. What’s the commonality? Our leaders. Our policies.

Whan needs to be done is NEGATIVES need to be removed. Here is a start, why does the deputies of one of the largest agencies in the country not know when they are going home after 12 hours??? Not from injury or death or hot calls. We have all accepted that. I mean because of idiot reasons. Why are we doing photo packs 1 hour after our shifts are done on BS misdemeanors that the state will drop anyway? Why is there no relief? Why are there no systems in place like there are in any other field. Sounds trivial? Sounds like a recipe for poor attitudes. Poor morale, poor investigations, and who will be at fault? That’s right. The deputies. Trivial? Well, wasn’t trivial to the ones that have left us. For careers with lesser pay and all the same bureaucracy, but when it’s time to go home, you are done. 12 hours times 30 years is too long. Down evidence, reports, admin work, and dispatched to a criminal investigation 30 min before going home, with no relief because day shift only has 2 units and they are going to a moron domestic or crazy person call? Trivial? *****ing? Complaining? Yeah? Look at your cute office print outs that you had to ask your secretary too research, print out, and hand you because you can’t work the computer. Look up the numbers. How many have quit? Did you ask them why? I have to many. Do you guys even know what burnout is? Because it’s happening sooner and sooner to these young deputies. The biggest complaint I hear is not knowing when they are going home. Especially when it can be helped.

“This is just a bunch of whining and complaining. Just quit!”. Ok,well, we are quitting. Now what? It’s your move now. What will that be? Keep in mind that your last move and theory of operation has caused people to quit and the remaining ones to burn out. Where you guys screwed up is, in order to make something disposable, you have to have a large supply standing by to replace it. You no longer have that luxury. Maybe it’s time for a real actual employee retention plan. Not a bunch of delegated fluff. I’m talking a real paradigm change.

This is coming from a long time listener and OBSERVER. That’s all it takes.

Unregistered
    My goodness, the diarrhea that spewed from your mouth simply states that this profession is not what you expected and that you can not handle it. Things have always been this way since, well before you, and won’t be any different any time in the near future. Get with the plan or hit the road, takes balls.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Being that we are nothing more than names on magnetic plastic tabs on a white board in an office or bars and lines on graphs on some desk, our leaders don’t understand what our PEOPLE, doing the job as deputies, say before they quit. The real reasons they have left this job and agency. Nobody listens other than real friends. They act that deputies put on for the bosses and leaders is a last ditch effort to look good and hopefully get noticed in order to transfer out of the bad overload areas. The problem is things are not getting better and have gotten worse too fast so not playing the game becomes a survival instinct and they quit.

These deputies that quit never mention danger or even this anti cop climate. They are even grateful for the pay and nice THINGS they were issued. Their main complaints are always having to light the candle at both ends and going home late. When talking to them like human beings, they simply wanted the trivial things that leaders would ridicule you for asking for. Basic things that could make this 30 year career possible. Which it is not. Death by 1000 cuts are why PEOPLE have been quitting and the disconnected leaders who don’t listen.

Spending tax payer money for better cars is easy. It takes no thinking and can be easily delegated. New Silverado’s and Tahoe’s are not the solution. Besides, the Chargers were garbage, and much like this line of work, the automotive industry has become a money hungry crap shoot building garbage cars not suitable for LEO work. So that decision was not all for us. That’s for another topic. “Why are they quitting? Don’t they like their new Tahoe’s?”. That’s the same as having zero relationship with your kids, never being home, and asking, “Why do my kids hate me, I bought them all new clothes and new cars”. It’s not about the pay or stuff. It’s about listening and tending to REAL needs.

Going home 2 to 3 hours late every shift in a Silverado sucks just as bad as going home late in a 20 year old Crown Vic. Adding positives to this job is not the solution. Removing negative IS the answer. Better cars was a solution for bad cars. More vacation hours or whatever is not the answer. Everybody I know are quite happy with the perks.

Being made to light the candle at both ends while your life is in danger and constantly having to prevent going to prison is the real issue here. We need admin time. We need a real mid shift. The hard stuff. The stuff that required BALLS to change, not just tax money funded STUFF. Get these night shift people home! We literally started working the day before. What kind of quality can you expect giving us a case the morning we should be logging off? After 12 or 13 hours. Even truck drivers can only drive 8 hours a day. How long do we drive? Many of the stressfully pointless calls, our terrible staffing, these pointless reports, the conflicting SOP’s, it all has to change. Starting with not going to high liability non police matter calls where we have no legal ground yet have to solve the problem to prevent complaints. The constant arguing with people about how we can’t do something. They why respond? Yeah, it’s tough. May have to go against country why trends. Citizens want change and apparently officers do too because they are quitting. What’s the commonality? Our leaders. Our policies.

Whan needs to be done is NEGATIVES need to be removed. Here is a start, why does the deputies of one of the largest agencies in the country not know when they are going home after 12 hours??? Not from injury or death or hot calls. We have all accepted that. I mean because of idiot reasons. Why are we doing photo packs 1 hour after our shifts are done on BS misdemeanors that the state will drop anyway? Why is there no relief? Why are there no systems in place like there are in any other field. Sounds trivial? Sounds like a recipe for poor attitudes. Poor morale, poor investigations, and who will be at fault? That’s right. The deputies. Trivial? Well, wasn’t trivial to the ones that have left us. For careers with lesser pay and all the same bureaucracy, but when it’s time to go home, you are done. 12 hours times 30 years is too long. Down evidence, reports, admin work, and dispatched to a criminal investigation 30 min before going home, with no relief because day shift only has 2 units and they are going to a moron domestic or crazy person call? Trivial? *****ing? Complaining? Yeah? Look at your cute office print outs that you had to ask your secretary too research, print out, and hand you because you can’t work the computer. Look up the numbers. How many have quit? Did you ask them why? I have to many. Do you guys even know what burnout is? Because it’s happening sooner and sooner to these young deputies. The biggest complaint I hear is not knowing when they are going home. Especially when it can be helped.

“This is just a bunch of whining and complaining. Just quit!”. Ok,well, we are quitting. Now what? It’s your move now. What will that be? Keep in mind that your last move and theory of operation has caused people to quit and the remaining ones to burn out. Where you guys screwed up is, in order to make something disposable, you have to have a large supply standing by to replace it. You no longer have that luxury. Maybe it’s time for a real actual employee retention plan. Not a bunch of delegated fluff. I’m talking a real paradigm change.

Cool story bro!

Unregistered

Great post brother.

Unregistered
    My goodness, the diarrhea that spewed from your mouth simply states that this profession is not what you expected and that you can not handle it. Things have always been this way since, well before you, and won’t be any different any time in the near future. Get with the plan or hit the road, takes balls.
    The last two words says it all, not everyone has them.

Unregistered
    Sound like you are part of the very reason this agency and many other do not get better. Save it for the brass. Also, many have quit, so what’s the plan now?

Unregistered
    Don’t let the door hit you in the arse….

Unregistered
    The last two words says it all, not everyone has them.
    This, brother!

Unregistered
    No shiiiiz!

Unregistered
    Many have taken you up on that. Now what? A lame retention speech from HR? What can HR do about deputies quitting? It starts at our leaders, not office administrators.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast