Uniform External Vests - PBA Hello? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You will have to sue Coleman and Rice for not providing vests to prevent your back injury.

While you admit that you deserve compensation for you back injury because you were not provided vests you denigrate the ones still on the job for requesting vests to prevent the type of back injury you suffered. Quite the hypocrite you are.
    You left out Coats and Gualtieri was that because your worried about Bob pulling your IP address. Trust me even if you got your little vest you would start complaining about having to wear a belt because it hurts your back. Why don’t you try and work out and stop hanging out at the Golden Corral.

Unregistered
    You will have to sue Coleman and Rice for not providing vests to prevent your back injury.

While you admit that you deserve compensation for you back injury because you were not provided vests you denigrate the ones still on the job for requesting vests to prevent the type of back injury you suffered. Quite the hypocrite you are.
    These vests did not exist under those sheriffs. But 3” gun belts and wheel guns did. Times changed and those went away. White long sleeve shirts and a tie existed under them too, those went away. Patrol load bearing vests are contemporary now. They are practical and they serve a legitimate purpose. There is nothing unreasonable about getting them. Unfortunately the decision to get them doesn’t fall on people who would wear them. It’s up to people who sit in air conditioned offices all day long. People who dress the part, but don’t live the part on the street. Give it time and beards and visible tattoos will be allowed too. You want to keep up with hiring? Get with the times.

Unregistered
    You left out Coats and Gualtieri was that because your worried about Bob pulling your IP address. Trust me even if you got your little vest you would start complaining about having to wear a belt because it hurts your back. Why don’t you try and work out and stop hanging out at the Golden Corral.

Depending during which regime you worked they are all equally responsible for failing to provide adequate and safe equipment which caused back injuries from long term use. Plenty of police studies prove that and if the matter ever went to court via class action the plaintiffs would win. The legal counsel should bring this to the sheriff's attention so he can get on the ball pronto and issue vests to those who request them.

Regarding your allegation that I don't work out and frequent Golden Corral, I work for a living and work out because my job demands physical fitness. I go to the gym and don't eat garbage food like the sloths lumbering down the hallways and sitting around in offices drinking Starbucks coffee, soda and eating donuts.

Unregistered
    What's the logical argument against them? The externals he got ua look like trash because we didnt purchase the accompanying shirts to wear with them.

If the issue is public perception...thats gone. We are distrusted and disliked by both thebleft and right. The left says we are all racist thugs, the right all thinks we are covid enforcing thugs. Who cares if the uniform looks "menacing" or "unprofessional" at this point? The SAO is still going to no file your cases even if you were wearing a heavy vest, helmet, and external comms with a carbine directing traffic.

Buy a seat fusion...seriously it will help your back in the Tahoe. That and dont sit on your wallet. Those two things, along with ditching 50% of the bullshit on my gun belt nearly cured my back pain. Gun, mags, taser, cuffs and radio. Leave the rest of the shit in the car.

I'm all for MOLLE capable exterior vests. But when the 3rd floor is implementing pre-crime units, red flag laws, and of the mindset that we "dont have a drug problem" in the county...its wishful thinking. If youre concerned about your back take steps now to mitigate it where you can.

Unregistered
    The vests are not issued because the office prima donnas only wear a badge and a small pistol on their dress belts. If they had to wear all the gear that's on the duty belt they'd be the first ones to switch to vests. But they do not so thet are removed from what real life deputies have to carry around. They only care about themselves and everyone else can pound sand. Don't like it? Then leave, that's their answer to everything. Or the other standard non-answers: "It is what it is." or "That's a new one, I'll look into it. " That is about the most moronic comment imaginable when they do not want to deal with a problem.

Unregistered
    The vests are not issued because the office prima donnas only wear a badge and a small pistol on their dress belts. If they had to wear all the gear that's on the duty belt they'd be the first ones to switch to vests. But they do not so thet are removed from what real life deputies have to carry around. They only care about themselves and everyone else can pound sand. Don't like it? Then leave, that's their answer to everything. Or the other standard non-answers: "It is what it is." or "That's a new one, I'll look into it. " That is about the most moronic comment imaginable when they do not want to deal with a problem.
    Go invest in a gym membership and spend some of your free time working out and strengthening your little puzzy back. Move around a bit. Your back hurts from sitting on your lazy azz all day.

Unregistered
    Go invest in a gym membership and spend some of your free time working out and strengthening your little puzzy back. Move around a bit. Your back hurts from sitting on your lazy azz all day.
    You don't even work here otherwise you'd know we have two gyms available. But thanks for your worthless input Dr. Chiropractor.

Guess what Einstein improper lifting can mess up your back just like improper load distribution on your upper body which is the problem with the belt. That's why so many agencies went with vests.

Unregistered
    Here's another good reason to issue vests - reduced health insurance costs for the agency, members active and retired. Fewer medical claims for back treatments and procedures means lower overall cost. That is a fact nobody can argue against.

Unregistered
    Here's another good reason to issue vests - reduced health insurance costs for the agency, members active and retired. Fewer medical claims for back treatments and procedures means lower overall cost. That is a fact nobody can argue against.
    How bout make them optional and self purchase.

Unregistered
    Why no thigh holsters like the cool kids in the special units wear? They look cooler than vests

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast