Someone Please Call 911 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    LET'S Get real here, as far as the Communications departments "command staff," they barely graduated high school, or so some have said at PSB.

Do the taxpayers of Broward know that they are paying for a communications system that appears to take more callers at 911 who have lost cell phones, or no injuries in a fender bender than a stroke or heart attack? Do they know that more people have called 911 to complain about slow responses from Deputies? We get hundreds of calls about these things and NO ONE from Sheriff Tony to the unproductive, non-creative "command staff" of the Comm dept does a thing.

THOUSANDS are spent on hiring kids who leave within months because they have been lied to. WASTED and mismanaged money. Do Sheriff Tony and his community know this?

A national story MUST be done about Comm departments all over the US. BSO MUST be highlighted as the most inefficient and costing lives. How many lives will continue to be lost because "command staff" wants more Q&A employees than dispatchers on the phones? They won't be able to blame the Operators or Duty Officers this time, because a deep dive will be done and Tony will have no recourse but to face this head-on. Avoid another MSD! Deal with the 911 department issues. RAISE the Morale 10X what it is. Your operators will be even more PRODUCTIVE if you do...can't you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The BSO Is at rock bottom when it comes to
    Morale, Operational, Administration, Training, Promotions and Leadership. This includes the entire agency (DLE,DOD and Fire). Incidents will continue to occur in this county and BSO is not prepared to handle it. Don’t believe the the hype lies from Tony. They will again fail before a national audience.

Unregistered

Exclamation

Let's take the time to mention the "beauties" the "command" staff are allowing in the communications dept. This is the "upward" motion going on there......NOT!

List yours, compile a list, it will find itself on national tv.

*For one, the command staff at the comm dept. is now allowing new hires for 911 operators to not get as high a score, if any, as in the past. So then you find yourself with lower quality hires, who end up wasting the county's money anyway and leaving within a month. Way to go command staff. (Sarcasm intended).
    *They are also forcing new hires to learn all the radios, at the same time as call-taking. That system has been cut out of Miami Dade 911 services and many other counties because it never worked out; cost time, money and they lost quality hires because they didn't give them enough time and training to take it all in; including the stressors. Way to go Mize! Stickin' to your guns and digging the hole for your comm dept.
    *Don't forget the one about Cedeno supposedly being heard saying that he didn't care if the comm. dispatchers were sick, he wanted "bodies there." Whoa! Does Tone-y know this?
    *Questions galore have to be asked which are irrelevant and time-consuming, again, taking up precious time for those who call with legitimate emergencies.

*This is one of the most important departments, the people who are the very first ones to hear from a victim or complainant. Broward County Commissioners, who oversee BSO do nothing? BSO does nothing? Command staff does nothing but move backward? Wow, I'm glad I am leaving Broward.

Unregistered
    It's kind of like hiring a female, of Jamaican descent who knows and does nothing but embarrass the U.S. (Kackala Harris).

>>> When someone is put in charge that is not qualified, it hurts that person, unless they're too dumb to realize they don't know what they are doing, the subordinates they supervise, and the mission of the agency because nobody wants to do their job when the person in charge is unqualified. So, sorry to burst your bubble.[/QUOTE]<<<

Unregistered

MSD Commission-911 command staff - where r u?

I am really surprised that the MSD Commission never looked into the fact that the command staff for communications might have partially been to blame because they've been understaffed at operations for quite a while and BSO has seemingly let it slip.

Yeah, they did real great the day those kids were slaughtered!

Unregistered

Do Your Research; The Command staff is to blame; no one else.

When you think about it really, the correct time delay ref. is subjective and is changed by everyone from the second person who sees the call all the way to the Deputy.
    Shall I start listing how many complaints about deputies, and how they have extremely long-delayed responses we get? None of us ever throws you under the bus, especially when the complaint seems to be legitimate. Look at the public records and see the background on those dispatchers/operators, you would be surprised. It certainly shut me up when I tried to be one-sided the other way. Getting worse because of the command staff currently in place at communications ops. Good luck getting the county to remove its hands from the till.

We CAN'T even get the Call Takers to enter the correct time delay ref. Delayed 21's, 10's 38's and the list goes onnn and onnnn and onnnnn.

Stupidest ****ing System I have ever seen here.

I have been here 32 years and its getting worse daily.

But to my family here in Communications,
    Keep your head high troops!!!!

I am proud of ALL of you across all 3 sites

God Bless you ALL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123