Pay raise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay raise

Unregistered

Pay raise

Agency priorities, the flyer hanging everywhere talks about retention of employees, employees being the most valuable asset. As I ponder this I realize the only employees that are important are the brand new ones. These employees have been given the biggest raises, newest vehicles and upon speaking to coworkers it all makes sense. Everything to keep the new deputies from leaving for better paying jobs elsewhere.

As I complete my 22 year here they know people in my position aren’t going to leave. Sad but true we aren’t going to jump ship as it would not be financially advantageous to us.

I guess I should be happy for a half percent pay raise. The national inflation rate was 5.3 in August so I’m only behind 5.25 . If you take the 2.5 percent increase in the starting pay in comparison to the .5 percent increase I received it did nothing but compress me 2 more percent. I thought everything financially was going to fix compression not add to it. In closing it’s apparent that being a long serving employee doesn’t count for anything anymore. They are counting on the most experienced portion of the work force to remain silent and be happy with that half percent pay increase. In fact they should keep that half percent as it is an insult to all who have faithfully worked here for over 15 years. You are not the most valuable asset unfortunately.

Unregistered
    But but but you arent accounting for the one time lump payment. There has to be a top out but whatever percentage the raise that everyone gets is exactly what the percent should be for the lump payment for those who are topped out. Currently not matching up.

Unregistered
    I see your point but that was not what they did. They compressed the top again and thus we have yet again fallen behind. Sad that it’s always your senior people who get the shaft and we should be happy to take it. This is a failure in financial services to equitably compensate the entire work force. Wait til next year and too will once again get forgotten financially.

Unregistered
    I agree, sarcasm surrounded the but but but one time lump sum payment statement.

Unregistered

Thanks

Last three years I have received a total raise of less than $1.00. Compression is a priority just not for us this is a joke of epic proportion. I can’t believe this is what we have become .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last three years I have received a total raise of less than $1.00. Compression is a priority just not for us this is a joke of epic proportion. I can’t believe this is what we have become .
    Welcome to the 0.5% club!

Unregistered

Hmmm

They care more about a shaving pass then your pay raise sir. Please sit down.

Unregistered
    This agency has been behind in pay for years. Like at least the last 15-18 years. Yes back in the day we were getting 5 percent but our starting was always lower than most others. But this is why people should have not chosen to work somewhere that doesn't have a union and step raises. Raises that have to begged for every year are a joke. There needs to be a pay progression plan. But sadly never will.happen here.

They will continue to wow all the new.kids with toys and more lights on their patrol cars.

The FRS no more cola and a 30 year min that's another reason not to work for a SO and try to find a city with a step plan and either a 20 or 25 and out pension.

Unregistered
    OCSO got another 5.5%. Must be nice.

Unregistered
    Why does a CPS investigator make more than a deputy sheriff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast