Will Chad match current inflation with a Cost Of Living Adjustment pay increase? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When did a 4 bedroom house "costed" $80K?
    Are you talking about years ago when there was NO retirement? When HCSO Deputies HAD to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? How about the days when they had to buy their own vehicles-but Hillsborough County supplied the fuel, so there was that.

Most Deputies I know have a house that "costed" at least $300K and 2 new personal rides in the driveway. Everyone I know loves nothing more than bragging about their shiit, expensive personal weapons, houses in the mountains, pricey vacations.

The problem is a bunch of prima donnas. The pay range is certainly better than Pasco-and it's not cheap to live there anymore. All everyone does is biiitch about EVERYTHING at the Office.....then threatens not to work!

Seriously?? You really think you deserve a big azz pay raise? Go work in bumfukc Polk County. Your pay will go down, but you get more for your dollar! But see how your fancy pants azz likes living amongst meth heads and working crazy azz Domestics every night of the week!
    This right here!!!

Unregistered
    Since the cost of real estate, apartments, transportation, food, and even water has sky rocketed, will Chad match the inflation increase? Will Chad allow his deputies to buy, or even rent? Or will it be a measly 1.5% increase again this year?

On Oct. 1st the off duty jobs pay rate just went up over 12% for every deputy, regardless of their step, from $33/hr to $37/hr.

The step plan will also go up about 12% for every step.

If not, then most deputies (except those topped out) will be making more money by working off duty than on duty. And, we'll have deputies taking off as much time as they can (just what we need). Because they will make more money by sleeping through an off duty job, instead of coming to work.

If that were the case, even deputies who use no accrued time, a.k.a. "no pay" status, would still be making more money working off duty than by coming to work. And those topped out would be making almost the same amount to "work" much less.

I told you Chad will take care of us. He knows the additional sacrifices and the significantly increased risks we've taken, and continue to take, by willingly working through a pandemic which has already killed millions.

Unregistered

Early 80's HCSO

Oh, You mean back when cost of living was low? Like when a 4 bedroom home costed like 80k? Long before FRJ and ORJ existed? Or should I say county jail west and county jail central? Back when you could go a whole night without going on one call? Back when these shiiit holes were cow fields and orang groves? Back when Morgan street jail contained TPD booking and the actual sheriff’s office and even fleet maintenance? Back when you had to meet up at the SOC to pick up your DXT? Back then when the county was rural and more poor, no raises was fine. Because it could not be helped. Now, it’s not excusable. This county and agency is rolling in money with all this growth. With real big city problems. If it is as elite as it claims, raises and more staffing should be where it shines the most. How are we doing? .
    True, in the early 80's you could get a 4 BR/2 car garage home around Northdale for 75k - 85k. The Jimmy Carter interest rates were 18% but went down by mid 80's under Reagan. Around 1981 Central Booking was at TPD on Tampa Street (closed soon thereafter and moved to Morgan St.) and the jails were run by the Hillsborough County Board of Criminal Justice. The Sheriff (Heinrich) was in charge of HCBCJ. The jails were at Central Booking (TPD), The County Jail on Morgan St, The Stockade on Clark St. (Carver City), and the 6 Mile Creek facility. Fleet Maintenance was across 21st St from the SOC where the gas pumps are.

Unregistered
    Are you talking about years ago when there was NO retirement? When HCSO Deputies HAD to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? How about the days when they had to buy their own vehicles-but Hillsborough County supplied the fuel, so there was that.

Most Deputies I know have a house that "costed" at least $300K and 2 new personal rides in the driveway. Everyone I know loves nothing more than bragging about their shiit, expensive personal weapons, houses in the mountains, pricey vacations.

The problem is a bunch of prima donnas. The pay range is certainly better than Pasco-and it's not cheap to live there anymore. All everyone does is biiitch about EVERYTHING at the Office.....then threatens not to work!

Seriously?? You really think you deserve a big azz pay raise? Go work in bumfukc Polk County. Your pay will go down, but you get more for your dollar! But see how your fancy pants azz likes living amongst meth heads and working crazy azz Domestics every night of the week!
    A bunch of prima donnas LOL! Yep, this right here!!!

Unregistered
    On Oct. 1st the off duty jobs pay rate just went up over 12% for every deputy, regardless of their step, from $33/hr to $37/hr.

The step plan will also go up about 12% for every step....

...I told you Chad will take care of us. He knows the additional sacrifices and the significantly increased risks we've taken, and continue to take, by willingly working through a pandemic which has already killed millions.

Are you sure about this? I don't think Chad will.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    a bunch of prima donnas lol! Yep, this right here!!!
    hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Unregistered

TO MY POINT EXACTLY! Not your point. My point. People, long ago, were clawing to work here! For far less pay. They were willing to have to buy their own boots, guns, and cars to work here. Back when this agency bragged about getting 1000 applicants a month from all over the country.

Now with this great pay, newest cars, and all the fancy STUFF, nobody wants to work here. People have quit more in the past 2 years than in the past two decades combined.

Why? It’s not about material things. It’s about family. We were a team back in the day. All of us. Country wide. A family everybody wanted to be a part of. Low pay, crappy cars, none of that mattered.

Now, we are expendable throw away garbage allowed to be sacrificed and used as media fodder. Now the people, media, agencies, and government don't stick up for us. In fact, the people that respect us the most are habitual criminals. What does that tell you?

You spun this all wrong. All wrong. We are at an all time low.

Unregistered
    That was because of the union impasse. AKA, the agency not giving us raises until we voted the union out. While claiming they could not give us raises during the impasse because it would look like a pay off. Typical games played when we tried to speak up and stand up for ourselves.

Besides, it’s not about the pay. I would take a pay cut for a full squad or getting rid of non police calls we are forced to deal with.
    Thats not true, During the vote out of the union it was like 6 months til we got a raise. From 1988-1992 we got 0 , No raise no cost of living.

Unregistered
    TO MY POINT EXACTLY! Not your point. My point. People, long ago, were clawing to work here! For far less pay. They were willing to have to buy their own boots, guns, and cars to work here. Back when this agency bragged about getting 1000 applicants a month from all over the country.

Now with this great pay, newest cars, and all the fancy STUFF, nobody wants to work here. People have quit more in the past 2 years than in the past two decades combined.

Why? It’s not about material things. It’s about family. We were a team back in the day. All of us. Country wide. A family everybody wanted to be a part of. Low pay, crappy cars, none of that mattered.

Now, we are expendable throw away garbage allowed to be sacrificed and used as media fodder. Now the people, media, agencies, and government don't stick up for us. In fact, the people that respect us the most are habitual criminals. What does that tell you?

You spun this all wrong. All wrong. We are at an all time low.
    MY point - puzzies and prima donna's. You sound like you fit right into that characterization.

Unregistered
    MY point - puzzies and prima donna's. You sound like you fit right into that characterization.
    Your way made the agency critically short handed and stressed. With zero morale. With deputies quitting left and right due to burnout. If you would have worked side by side with many of these deputies, you would have seen hard workers that they gave it 300% everyday. To make up for being so short handed. They did not leave because they could not hack it. They left because they saw that they were being set up to fail all along. And if you failed, the consequences can involve prison, arrest, law suit, fired, and drug across the mud on social media. How can you expect perfection, efficiency, quality work, with almost no time and no resources. Plus the above consequences. SCREW THAT! Quit!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast