Will Chad match current inflation with a Cost Of Living Adjustment pay increase?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Will Chad match current inflation with a Cost Of Living Adjustment pay increase?

Since the cost of real estate, apartments, transportation, food, and even water has sky rocketed, will Chad match the inflation increase? Will Chad allow his deputies to buy, or even rent? Or will it be a measly 1.5% increase again this year?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since the cost of real estate, apartments, transportation, food, and even water has sky rocketed, will Chad match the inflation increase? Will Chad allow his deputies to buy, or even rent? Or will it be a measly 1.5% increase again this year?
    "Allow" his deputies to buy or rent?? So he's a dictator now??

Unregistered
    Once upon a time, we didn’t get a raise for over five years, no cost of living, nada. I know, I know, if you don’t get a raise you will do even less work. Sooner or later, you won’t be working at all. Not far from what you do now though so no big loss.

Unregistered
    Once upon a time, we didn’t get a raise for over five years, no cost of living, nada. I know, I know, if you don’t get a raise you will do even less work. Sooner or later, you won’t be working at all. Not far from what you do now though so no big loss.
    That was because of the union impasse. AKA, the agency not giving us raises until we voted the union out. While claiming they could not give us raises during the impasse because it would look like a pay off. Typical games played when we tried to speak up and stand up for ourselves.

Besides, it’s not about the pay. I would take a pay cut for a full squad or getting rid of non police calls we are forced to deal with.

Unregistered
    There was also a period of years where it sucked to be a County employee because they got NO raise.

But not here, we always got a raise during that time.

Unregistered
    The time I was referring to was in the 80’s, maybe the 90’s. It may have been before you were born, but it happened. Many years were minimal raises, trust me,

Unregistered
    The time I was referring to was in the 80’s, maybe the 90’s. It may have been before you were born, but it happened. Many years were minimal raises, trust me,
    But we’re you supported and still a team?

Unregistered
    Oh, You mean back when cost of living was low? Like when a 4 bedroom home costed like 80k? Long before FRJ and ORJ existed? Or should I say county jail west and county jail central? Back when you could go a whole night without going on one call? Back when these shiiit holes were cow fields and orang groves? Back when Morgan street jail contained TPD booking and the actual sheriff’s office and even fleet maintenance? Back when you had to meet up at the SOC to pick up your DXT? Back then when the county was rural and more poor, no raises was fine. Because it could not be helped. Now, it’s not excusable. This county and agency is rolling in money with all this growth. With real big city problems. If it is as elite as it claims, raises and more staffing should be where it shines the most. How are we doing? .

Unregistered
    Oh, You mean back when cost of living was low? Like when a 4 bedroom home costed like 80k? Long before FRJ and ORJ existed? Or should I say county jail west and county jail central? Back when you could go a whole night without going on one call? Back when these shiiit holes were cow fields and orang groves? Back when Morgan street jail contained TPD booking and the actual sheriff’s office and even fleet maintenance? Back when you had to meet up at the SOC to pick up your DXT? Back then when the county was rural and more poor, no raises was fine. Because it could not be helped. Now, it’s not excusable. This county and agency is rolling in money with all this growth. With real big city problems. If it is as elite as it claims, raises and more staffing should be where it shines the most. How are we doing? .
    When did a 4 bedroom house "costed" $80K?
    Are you talking about years ago when there was NO retirement? When HCSO Deputies HAD to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? How about the days when they had to buy their own vehicles-but Hillsborough County supplied the fuel, so there was that.

Most Deputies I know have a house that "costed" at least $300K and 2 new personal rides in the driveway. Everyone I know loves nothing more than bragging about their shiit, expensive personal weapons, houses in the mountains, pricey vacations.

The problem is a bunch of prima donnas. The pay range is certainly better than Pasco-and it's not cheap to live there anymore. All everyone does is biiitch about EVERYTHING at the Office.....then threatens not to work!

Seriously?? You really think you deserve a big azz pay raise? Go work in bumfukc Polk County. Your pay will go down, but you get more for your dollar! But see how your fancy pants azz likes living amongst meth heads and working crazy azz Domestics every night of the week!

Unregistered
    When did a 4 bedroom house "costed" $80K?
    Are you talking about years ago when there was NO retirement? When HCSO Deputies HAD to work 2 jobs to make ends meet? How about the days when they had to buy their own vehicles-but Hillsborough County supplied the fuel, so there was that.

Most Deputies I know have a house that "costed" at least $300K and 2 new personal rides in the driveway. Everyone I know loves nothing more than bragging about their shiit, expensive personal weapons, houses in the mountains, pricey vacations.

The problem is a bunch of prima donnas. The pay range is certainly better than Pasco-and it's not cheap to live there anymore. All everyone does is biiitch about EVERYTHING at the Office.....then threatens not to work!

Seriously?? You really think you deserve a big azz pay raise? Go work in bumfukc Polk County. Your pay will go down, but you get more for your dollar! But see how your fancy pants azz likes living amongst meth heads and working crazy azz Domestics every night of the week!
    Sadly, finding a nice home for $300K in most parts of the county isn’t happening.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast