Culture of Harassment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Culture of Harassment

When you think of Hillsborough school security you would like to think of men and women making a difference every day and when the time comes they would put their lives on the line to protect children right? Well unfortunately this is only true for a select few at HCPS. Most of HCPS is figuring out how to screw over their subordinates while the others are pretending their cops….

It amazes me that Chief hasn’t pulled his hair out dealing with his command staff, supervisors and officers.

The bullshit with HCPS runs deep, and this department runs off the good ole boy politics. If you’re in the club, you can get away with murder, if not, you sneeze in the wrong direction and you have disciplinary actions coming your way.

Prime examples include the following:
    CPT. L. Was caught cheating at her re-qualification shoot. Caught cheating by adding extra rounds to her magazine, in front of new recruits! Did anything happen to her? Well besides the instructors baby sitting her nope. If a new recruit would have done that, they would have been fired due to it being an integrity violation.

But we will continue, hmmm oh yeah how about one of the first things you hear in a new company, agency, ext. is your sexual harassment policy right? Sexual harassment is an immediate termination right? Wrong. Well that is if you’re a Cpl apart of a good ole boys club… yup that’s right Cpl. G had two sexual harassment complaints filed against him. What was command staffs discipline for him? Oh you now have to teach the sexual harassment policy to the new guys and command staff will sit at the back of the class and laugh about it. But in the words of Billy Mays, “But wait! There’s more!” What did G do? Sexually Harassed another female! Yup you got it. Oh and this time, it ended in a lawsuit, the district settled, and what happened to G? A slap on the damn wrist. He got his stripes takes away. But he’s still working with students, staff, parents, females….

Oh and a certain SGT. That was sending **** pics to female officers within the department…. What was his discipline? Well he was told he was suspended for a week without pay. But then they let him burn vacation time to get paid…
    So if your vacation time gets denied, just send a **** pic to someone and they will give you a week of vaca.

The list goes on:
    - 12 year old SOP
    - Officer safety issues with Dispatch that have been brought up numerous time, yet it falls on deaf ears.
    - Having sex on the job, what? Yup that has happened, at schools, during football games, with command staff. Oh yeah and at ISC with supervisors…

People wonder why HCPS is a damn joke? It starts at the top, command staff are sitting in their Ivory Tower thinking of new ways to screw with the little guys. If I neglected my job the way this command staff has, I’d lose my job.

Oh and by the way, moral is at an all time low despite what y’all think, and that’s why you have 50 vacancies, and more people walking out the door.

HCSO needs to absorb this department, because we’re doing nothing but creating liability. If we have a shooting in this county, the state is going to have a field day with this place. We make Broward county look like seal team 6. But seriously if there is a shooting in Hillsborough, school security will make mistakes, people will die. And that is a fact. Officers and dispatch can barely talk on the radio about a school bus accident, what the hell are we going to do during a shooting? We will fail….

Unregistered
    Why don't you put your name to it ??? what you must have not qualified ? or Was let go ? or Salty...

Unregistered

Interested to know more!

WOW! Sooooo, with all that being said, tells me that either you were at one time part of the department you’re speaking about (bashing) or didn’t qualify for, but as a veteran cop myself I am leaning more towards a “former employee” with that being said, every book has three sides, what’s factual, what the reader has interpreted and what’s one’s opinion on said story is! So now that you’ve aired out the their dirty laundry! I’m more interested in YOUR story! Because if we’re going to go on any kind of “Culture” I’d definitely like to hear yours!! Inquiring minds would love to know!

Unregistered

Sounds like a want to be LEO

This is a joke, get on a security page you want to be Cop.

Unregistered

Why am I reading about Security Guards

This is for LEO, please take your post to a Security Guard site.

Unregistered

Coward !!!

Your Just a Coward !!!

Unregistered
    Says the person that didn't put their own name. Gtfo

Unregistered
    YOU'RE a moron

Unregistered

You mad bro?

Well that escalated quickly!!! But please answer my last comment! Ohhhh question, were you ever a cop? Asking for a friend!!!

Unregistered

Absolutely Correct

The traditions of Hillsborough County Public Schools (as well as their security department)- "Sweep Shit Under the Rug".

Random people in this thread commenting on something that they have no idea about. All of these accusations are true, and a part of public record. But the sheep readers don't bother doing their own research because that would be detrimental to their inferior & delicate sensibilities. Just easier for them to defend the nepotism, and nihilistic mindset that drives the security department to continue with treating their employees like indentured servants.

But don't believe me because "unregistered user" has a different & more accurate opinion because they are a "veteran cop". Well, put your money where your mouth is. Show us your credentials. You won't? Afraid that you'll be canceled or called out? That's what I thought. Shut up with your Small D***, beta male, soy boy energy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast