Incident OIS

Thread: Incident OIS

Unregistered

Incident OIS

Good evening to all. I saw the story on the news regarding the recent OIS incident. I am deeply relieved that the deputies and civilians were not majorly injured. This is a text book tactical retreat while using the vehicle and the engine block as cover. I see your agency issues the stellar Walter 9mm as the primary deputy duty pistol. I was wondering if any of you could disclose the ammo type, manufacturer, and the bullet in weight grain. I have studied terminal ballistics extensively as a past time interest. Any info regarding the performance, recoverd expanded rounds and penetration would be helpful regarding the Bravo Mike Suspect. Stay safe out there.. God bless and thanks to all our brave women and men who make the selfless sacrifice to serve our communities. I'm so glad both deputies and the bystanders went home to their families. The creator definitely had his hand on on all involved that day.

Unregistered
    9mm hollow points, gold dot 2. Magazine dump were the fatal hits that ended suspect's attack. First 5 hits were non-fatal hits. Shin, hand, forearm, and hips. There was a round that hit upper chest cavity when suspect came around from the patrol vehicle before he started to strike deputy with butt of rifle. Handguns in all calibers are terrible threat stoppers, unless you hit the brain or spinal column. No need to start a caliber war. The Walter 9mm did it's job that day. Many other instances of .40 and .45 calibers failing to stop suspect's immediately. New design JHP ammunition penetrates and expands roughly the same. Penetration is king, with all else being irrelevant. The reason why Leo's carry handguns is so they they can get to their patrol carbine or shotgun. Everyone went home that day, with the exception of the agitator. Happy ending.

Unregistered
    Walter 9mm?

YEA,.....no
    no issue weapon, buy from approved list