Questions about agency

Unregistered

Questions about agency

Good evening everyone,

Current Central FL LEO looking to move back to my hometown. I’ve been doing a lot of research on agencies and BPD keeps coming to mind. I know every agency has its issues and people feel multiple different ways about it. But I was hoping someone could help me out.

How is moral? Is the chief actually a big problem? Is it actually a good place to work?

I can see you guys are on the lower end of the pay scale when it comes to agencies in the area. Any plans on the changing?

How’s the call volume for the area?

Is there movement at the agency when it comes to speciality units? Or few and far between.

It seems you guys are issued good equipment?

I’m sure I’ll have other questions but anything will help! Thank you guys I’m advance and be safe!

Unregistered
    Morale sucks. We had 5 or 6 people quit in a short period of time last summer. The admin here is toxic and the agency has always had a head hunting atmosphere. Pay is okay at best, equipment is alright, theres some opportunity for specialty units but not enough to get a fair shot at one based on merit. They already know who their buddies are that they are bringing into a unit before the announcement goes out that theyre accepting applications. Im sure this goes on at other places too but its too small of an agency to ever get a fair shake if youre not in the "click". Everyone is sleeping with eachother. I mean I cant think of a good thing to say about the place. Theres no redeeming qualities about this agency whatsoever.

Unregistered
    1 more thing you asked about, the call volume. Its busy. Very busy. Its nothing to have 3 or 4 reports in a shift and personally go on scene at 12-15 calls. "Show me 97." "You have a 52 to 10-8?" Call to call.