Budget meeting (1-time bonus only for certain employees)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Budget meeting (1-time bonus only for certain employees)

I just don’t understand the logic…Why are they not giving all employees an across the board pay increase (2-3% minimum), based on the Consumer Price Index and recent inflation. It should not matter if you are at the max or not of the step plan. The bonus idea is pitiful. If you value your employees show all of them!

Unregistered
    We have multiple guys leaving for other agencies that have better pay and better benefits and rumors of even more but until they have to pull admin to work the street they won’t care how short patrol is. Just make sure you meet the “quota” each month.

Unregistered
    We should unionize.

Yippee Ki Yay MF

Bye

Go to another agency and be happy elsewhere. You’re angry at not getting a raise ? So you’re step plan that’s guaranteed for a 4 to 5 percent increase isn’t good enough? Please go work at another agency and be happy. No one cares about the clowns leaving. Good luck starting over, BYE ! We need union blah blah blah ! Good grief, grow up !!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippee Ki Yay MF View Post
    Go to another agency and be happy elsewhere. You’re angry at not getting a raise ? So you’re step plan that’s guaranteed for a 4 to 5 percent increase isn’t good enough? Please go work at another agency and be happy. No one cares about the clowns leaving. Good luck starting over, BYE ! We need union blah blah blah ! Good grief, grow up !!!
    Don't think he was upset about who was leaving or the steps...he was concerned about the lack of actual raises for line level guys since the economy is doing well but inflation is tearing us up after a couple of the worst and most trying years for law enforcement in recent times.

This also sucks since we are already the lowest paid in the area and have the worst retirement for tier 2 in the county . Usf and temple terrace are doing better than us. If you like or hate those who are leaving , remember, they fill positions. Open your eyes genius supervisor.

I'm sure you are tier 1. I'm also pretty sure you are one of the 20 that just got promoted with raises. The captains are getting actual raises right ? Not a check ? Makes sperfect sense. I'm sure chief fought for it , but how about explaining to us the logic in it.

Unregistered

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Yippee Ki Yay MF View Post
    I wonder where/who I have heard the quote “Yippee Ki Yay MF” before…Listen, it’s pretty cowardly to not name yourself when posting on the site and attacking someone’s post negatively (you really had no content to add, other than sounding angry and condescending). I would also agree that you are one of the recent promotees and look down on the backbone of the agency (Patrol). I remember when the new Chief started and briefed us. He gave us the following great advice, “You are the ones who show up for the callers biggest problem of their day and they will remember how you handle it”. It’s sad that you don’t feel like everyone deserves to be treated equally when it comes to the increase, especially the lower step officers and supervisors. I don’t recall saying that I was not happy here or angry with anyone, just asking for an coherent explanation. Honestly, having a bargaining unit would not be such a bad thing at this point, to bring our step plan up from the lowest paid in the county and other matters as of recent. Good luck on your quest to the top!

Unregistered

2%

The original poster has a point. If a 2% increase in each step was given in the proposed budget, at least it would bring officers up to the TTPD step pay plan. If you factor $27/hour avg pay, times approx 54 officers it comes out to $63.5k and I’m sure the city could handle that (especially with the large growth we are witnessing). On the other hand, our supervisors are definitely way behind when comparing their pay to other Hillsborough County agencies. If I could post the other agency step pay plans (.pdf) on here, I would but they aren’t hard to find (just ask around).

Unregistered

You got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The original poster has a point. If a 2% increase in each step was given in the proposed budget, at least it would bring officers up to the TTPD step pay plan. If you factor $27/hour avg pay, times approx 54 officers it comes out to $63.5k and I’m sure the city could handle that (especially with the large growth we are witnessing). On the other hand, our supervisors are definitely way behind when comparing their pay to other Hillsborough County agencies. If I could post the other agency step pay plans (.pdf) on here, I would but they aren’t hard to find (just ask around).
    This right here is part of why officers leave departments. Low pay, safety issues, and staffing shortages. Nobody wants to go work for bottom dollar when nearby smaller & larger departments offer better opportunities with better training, staffing and pay. The job is no less dangerous due to location.

Unregistered

Eye ON THE PRIZE

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our supervisors? Are you talking about the command staff who is getting a raise this year or the line level supervisors? One captain supervises like 8 people with a cpl and a 2 sgts who are busy watching youtube asses all day while patrol squads have sgts and cpls supervising 6 people squads! Not to mention the Lts who are doing I don't know what. Ask HCSO and TPD commanders how many they supervise. They get paid more for a reason. Over 100k to watch 8 people with 2 supervisors hardly needs to be a concern for us to worry about right now. Tier 2 is the hang point for us. The supervision push is an issue for us right now. Ya'll keep your eyes on the ball. Union discussions are coming. Just keep it low and be open to it. At this point let's weigh are options.

Frontline
    Way too many supervisors around here and for what? I wish I was in the back looking at “YouTube asses” with my bros but then again I don’t want my wife blasting me on Facebook and calling my coworkers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast