Morgan statute - Roll My Eyes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Morgan statute - Roll My Eyes

What a waste of money.

#Sigh ... #DeepBreath ... #MorganIsAnIdiot

Former Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan spent thousands of public tax dollars to order a life-size bronze statue of himself last year before the end of his final term in office.

Current Sheriff Chip Simmons called the 6-foot-4-inch statue, which arrived last week at the Sheriff's Office, a "brash narcissistic waste."

"You don't make a statue of yourself," Simmons said Wednesday. "And you don't use tax dollars to do it."
    Former Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan had his likeness cast on bronze before leaving the office.

Morgan defended the decision, saying it was not that big of a deal.

"I was the sheriff at the time," Morgan told the News Journal. "I think people may be wanting to make more of this than it really is. It's just a statue of me saluting the men and women of the Escambia County Sheriff's Office and the first responders that died on active duty. It's that simple."

The statue of Morgan was one of two statues that the former sheriff paid for out of the ECSO’s general fund at a cost of $75,000 for both. He intended them to stand directly in front of the main entrance of the agency's headquarters as part of its monument to fallen officers.

"I have no words for this, but I have zero intention of placing this thing in front of our building," Simmons said.

The other statue is of former ECSO Lt. Jason Potts and a K-9. Potts led the ECSO's K-9 unit during Morgan's tenure as sheriff and has since retired.

Both statues were designed and crafted by the Randolph Rose Collection Design Studio, which specializes in bronze work and is based out of Yonkers, New York.

Unregistered
    Chip ain’t with that bs, hex twice the sheriff Morgan was! He doesn’t just let people fuc* with others like the previous admin.

Unregistered
    You would think the General would have learned how to properly salute with his 40 years in the military or at least sent a better picture. It says nothing but retard with that cupped hand.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chip ain’t with that bs, hex twice the sheriff Morgan was! He doesn’t just let people fuc* with others like the previous admin.
    Wtg Chip. Awesome. Glad you had the testicular fortitude to slam Moron. Now, about Haines and Mindy....anytime sweetheart!!

Unregistered
    I wonder if all the Morgan followers see how inept and impotent this guy is now. Haines and Mindyme are the glaring examples of blind follower. It makes sense now that both are not overly happy with the admin. Chip not only stood up he stood up and biotch slapped that frail minded idiot. If this is what the public sees what are we not seeing in that place.

All jokes aside. This is plenty of reason to investigate the money and other illegal acts that were all edged under Morons time. This proves there was blatant ignorance governing in this office. It is hilarious that Moron will not even talk to the press. He found out he never was much of a man. He need a posse to fill his head full of platitudes. When you are as inept as his followers they didn’t know the difference. Moron sees now he has 0 influence on anyone and the word is out he is an idiot. Explains why he ran away from the mayors race.

Unregistered
    You would think the General would have learned how to properly salute with his 40 years in the military or at least sent a better picture. It says nothing but retard with that cupped hand.
    When I saw that doofus salute, I thought the statue artist had made a mistake. Then the photo changed my mind. That sloppy salute would not have passed muster in my experience. Thank goodness, this nightmare is hopefully history, except we still have his group of worshipers and grovelers who need to have the door hit them in the rear.

Unregistered
    Why was not brought to the Chief Deputy's attention once he was elected? He didn't know until months in office? I do blame those who knew? They have a sworn obligation to the taxpayer not a false profit like Morgan. Melt the crap down and put it out in front of the jail as a reminder where corrupt elected officials will go. I would force Morgan to pay it back!

Unregistered
    I bet Andy would buy Morgan's statue. He'd put it in his bedroom so he can look at it every night before he falls asleep. I could hear him now, Good night sir I love you. Who makes a statue of themselves normally people decide hey we should honor this person and it's a collective agreement by a panel or group who decides that. Only dictators make statues of themselves and that is exactly what he was doing his time in office. And I'm sorry why make a statue of Lt. Potts? Not the dogs fault but that dog never worked the road one day. He was a 13,000 dollar house pet. It's a fallen officer memorial if you felt the need to put up a statue make it of a fallen officer or a fallen K9. We have few that actually deserve that kind of honor, and it's not David Morgan. Morgan I know you read this every day you are a disgrace of a human and a thief of taxpayer money. You should move away and hang your head in shame. The dictator Sheriff lol.. Send that crap to North Korea or the Escambia county dump.

Unregistered
    I bet Andy would buy Morgan's statue. He'd put it in his bedroom so he can look at it every night before he falls asleep. I could hear him now, Good night sir I love you. Who makes a statue of themselves normally people decide hey we should honor this person and it's a collective agreement by a panel or group who decides that. Only dictators make statues of themselves and that is exactly what he was doing his time in office. And I'm sorry why make a statue of Lt. Potts? Not the dogs fault but that dog never worked the road one day. He was a 13,000 dollar house pet. It's a fallen officer memorial if you felt the need to put up a statue make it of a fallen officer or a fallen K9. We have few that actually deserve that kind of honor, and it's not David Morgan. Morgan I know you read this every day you are a disgrace of a human and a thief of taxpayer money. You should move away and hang your head in shame. The dictator Sheriff lol.. Send that crap to North Korea or the Escambia county dump.
    AMEN! What a real shame!

Unregistered
    Harry Dunne: Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber.... you go and do this...... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast