lee county/cape coral/fort myers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

lee county/cape coral/fort myers

i am a certified officer in Miami and i am moving to cape coral soon and need to know which department in the area is the best overall for pay, benefits and morale. if anybody can advise, i would greatly appreciate it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am a certified officer in Miami and i am moving to cape coral soon and need to know which department in the area is the best overall for pay, benefits and morale. if anybody can advise, i would greatly appreciate it.
    Cape by far, you just need a degree. If you don’t have a degree fmpd pays better than the county but it just plain sucks. You may also want to think about the airport they give experience pay so you’ll start out high. Good luck

Unregistered
    It depends where you are in your career and what you want to do. If you want to have good pay, equipment and support but dont mind spending 5 to 10 years on the road, cape by far. If you want to hump a shit load of calls for a couple years for less pay and benefits but move quicker the county. If you want a lot of action go to fort myers but good luck....sanibel, airport, fgcu and fsw are all retired on duty

Unregistered
    Thanks I appreciate it 👍🏽

Unregistered
    What is the schedule like?

Unregistered
    To put into comparison - Cape Coral would compare to Miami Beach PD, Ft Myers would compare to Miami Gardens PD, and LCSO would compare to Miami PD.

Unregistered
    If you want good pay (compared out of the departments you mentioned) cape Is the highest paid. If you are looking for a good work environment and a positive moral, I would say Lee county is the place to go. Cape treats outsiders like garbage (nevermind the people that started there because they don’t get treated like all-stars either) and you are guaranteed to stay on the road for at least 10-15 years no matter how hard you work unless you’re kissing the right ass on a regular basis and catering to their every need on and off duty. With the county, you will likely be moved off the road in a year or two. You also have a better chance of moving off the road sooner at fort myers. Every place has their issues, but cape will drain every last positive thought from your body and you will not only be completely miserable, but Your wife will be in the arms of a fellow officer, and you won’t get opportunities. I say go with the county. You’ll have tons of opportunity for movement into specialty units and promotions whereas here they are preselected and you’ll never get an opportunity. You’ll take a little pay cut with the county compared to cape, but you’ll be happier by leaps and bounds. Good luck pal.

Unregistered
    If you want good pay (compared out of the departments you mentioned) cape Is the highest paid. If you are looking for a good work environment and a positive moral, I would say Lee county is the place to go. Cape treats outsiders like garbage (nevermind the people that started there because they don’t get treated like all-stars either) and you are guaranteed to stay on the road for at least 10-15 years no matter how hard you work unless you’re kissing the right ass on a regular basis and catering to their every need on and off duty. With the county, you will likely be moved off the road in a year or two. You also have a better chance of moving off the road sooner at fort myers. Every place has their issues, but cape will drain every last positive thought from your body and you will not only be completely miserable, but Your wife will be in the arms of a fellow officer, and you won’t get opportunities. I say go with the county. You’ll have tons of opportunity for movement into specialty units and promotions whereas here they are preselected and you’ll never get an opportunity. You’ll take a little pay cut with the county compared to cape, but you’ll be happier by leaps and bounds. Good luck pal.
    Dead on! Unless you’re ready to suck up to command staff. You’re stuck on patrol for 10 yrs

Unregistered
    Dead on! Unless you’re ready to suck up to command staff. You’re stuck on patrol for 10 yrs
    There’s like 4 of you still on the road who have been there over 10 years. Maybe it’s not the agency? Cape is far and away the best place to work in SWFL by pretty much every way of measuring.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3311567]Dead on! Unless you’re ready to suck up to command staff. You’re stuck on patrol for 10 yrs[
    WHY ARE U STILL HERE? Why don’t you take your advice and leave too…..the county is waiting for you superstar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast