Swained - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swained

Unregistered
    Due to the many issues with the test, I think everyone who took the test should be eligible for promotion. In reality score does not matter and they go get who they want anyways way high or dive low. Technically SOP was not mentioned in the email but the study material was. Where is the PBA?

Unregistered
    They’re restocking the cooler

Unregistered

Swain - “Making Affirmative Action Look Bad Since 2013”

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m still trying to determine if the 20 SOP related questions on the main test can get thrown out since the original email/job description showed study material as MOR/PBA/book not SOP
    We better hope not, those are probably the ones the majority of us got right since we are required to have at least some working knowledge of them. We do use some of them and have signed off on them in PDMS. I know the admin book questions were brutal, and I did read, outline , wrote dozens of pages of notes and studied that stupid book and was still clueless at most of them. He went very deep into those theories and definitely wrote questions for college students studying CJ Admin for a semester or year full time and not cops with work, families and lives to juggle. I don’t get the purpose of the book anyway, you mean the thousands of pages (literally) that make up the SOP, MOR and PBA contract isn’t enough to demonstrate some level of relevant job knowledge?

I feel for you people that show up to the “2023 Biennial Swain Goat Rope” because I have attended my last one. It’s really not worth the time and hassle of preparing for something when the idiot in charge leaves out an entire policy needed for an In Basket Exam and screws up multiple things every single time. There were other easy questions on the test that we all probably got right but we’re worded incorrectly so that too will screw us if they get tossed. If they toss the SOP that would just give more weight to the book questions, apparently not good for most people. FUK it, I’m done. You win TPD, I’ve given up and will take the easy road and coast, the same approach you take with just about everything here. Well except reviewing BWCs and stepping the investigations sans complaints, you seem to be enjoying that.

Unregistered
    Due to the many issues with the test, I think everyone who took the test should be eligible for promotion. In reality score does not matter and they go get who they want anyways way high or dive low. Technically SOP was not mentioned in the email but the study material was. Where is the PBA?
    Yeah they met the 4 month requirement but didn’t properly advise the study material if they planned on using SOP questions outside of in basket. Normally who cares but the test was already a joke and the PBA needs something to do right?

Unregistered

Do something

I didn’t take the test but your not gonna get any traction complaining anonymously on leo affairs. Why not call and make a formal complaint or petition with your names on it? What’s there to hide from? If you bombed it then you won’t get promoted anyway so what do you have to lose?

Unregistered

Something to consider

I didn’t take the test but your not gonna get any traction complaining anonymously on leo affairs. Why not call and make a formal complaint or petition with your names on it? What’s there to hide from? If you bombed it then you won’t get promoted anyway so what do you have to lose?
    Agreed. For what it’s worth, If they fixed the test and re administered it tomorrow, everyone’s scores (for those who passed) would fall in a similar rank so I wouldn’t sweat it too much. It was a trash test for everyone, not just a few.

Unregistered
    Molon labe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    I’m still trying to determine if the 20 SOP related questions on the main test can get thrown out since the original email/job description showed study material as MOR/PBA/book not SOP
    Email I got had SOP listed. Not sure if it was the original job description email or not.

Unregistered
    Did you see the email from staff that they are looking into the issues about yesterday’s test and the past issues with the same person administering the test? Oh wait never mind that must of been me thinking anyone upstairs gives a $hit.

Unregistered
    Not all same test. The booklet and answer key should be matched. They were not all the same test! I looked at the guy next to me, and his answers were all wrong and didn't match mine!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast