Mid shift survey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Mid shift survey

Why are they acting like the mid shift is some great new invention they just thought of when they implemented it a year ago and now are trying to justify it?? With bean counting???

There has been a god damn mid shift of some sort for DECADES! For a fukcing reason! Peak hours. When it blows up mid fukcing day into the evening!

THE ONLY FUKCING REASON THE MID SHIFT WAS DONE AWAY WITH WAS TO STAFF THE NEWLY OPENED D5 TOY PET PROJECT. NO OTHER REASON!

We have such a revolving door on patrol that people come and go so fast that nobody remembers when or why things were done.

The only reason the mid shift numbers are low was because there are barely any of them! We need more. One per zone.

How is this even a question? No midshift was a nightmare those years. We were constantly going home late. Do you think the assholes that teach the new dispatchers not to hold late calls for next shift cars or tell dispatchers to dispatch early units to late involved 4 hour report investigations when they are 30 min from going home? Meanwhile it’s crickets on the street as far as getting relief.

We need a damn mid shift. At a minimum, so day shift can go home and so we don’t get slammed upon logging in with 10 holding calls.

Are the people that run this place on another planet? Does anything we say make it up the chain?

Unregistered
    Before anybody says that a full mid shift will take away from day and night shift, you are wrong. That’s this agency mind fukcing you with a blameshift.

Day and night should be fully staffed as well. The way it was designed to be.

They way it would automatically be if our deputy to citizen ratio was not a fukcing joke!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are they acting like the mid shift is some great new invention they just thought of when they implemented it a year ago and now are trying to justify it?? With bean counting???

There has been a god damn mid shift of some sort for DECADES! For a fukcing reason! Peak hours. When it blows up mid fukcing day into the evening!

THE ONLY FUKCING REASON THE MID SHIFT WAS DONE AWAY WITH WAS TO STAFF THE NEWLY OPENED D5 TOY PET PROJECT. NO OTHER REASON!

We have such a revolving door on patrol that people come and go so fast that nobody remembers when or why things were done.

The only reason the mid shift numbers are low was because there are barely any of them! We need more. One per zone.

How is this even a question? No midshift was a nightmare those years. We were constantly going home late. Do you think the assholes that teach the new dispatchers not to hold late calls for next shift cars or tell dispatchers to dispatch early units to late involved 4 hour report investigations when they are 30 min from going home? Meanwhile it’s crickets on the street as far as getting relief.

We need a damn mid shift. At a minimum, so day shift can go home and so we don’t get slammed upon logging in with 10 holding calls.

Are the people that run this place on another planet? Does anything we say make it up the chain?
    Very true. It’s funny how the graph they emailed us says nothing about how short the mid shift was. Most days only 2-3 mid shift cars were logged on. .

Unregistered
    Very true. It’s funny how the graph they emailed us says nothing about how short the mid shift even was. Most days they were only two or 3101 cars ridiculous.

Unregistered
    I retired recently after thirty years. When I was hired in the 80’s, working in patrol was completely different. We were so well staffed that deputies had time to patrol proactively. We went “on view” regularly with the apprehension of in progress calls. We had time for community relations: get a cup of coffee at the convenience store in our zone and chat with (and gather intelligences from) the clerk, drive through residential neighborhoods and wave at kids, drove in front of businesses inspecting glass door fronts for unalarmed burglaries, and got out of our vehicles on foot to walk the rear door of businesses for unlocked or pried open doors. During the hiring restrictions that followed, patrol became understaffed, shift hours were changed, zone boundaries were redesigned and an additional district was created manipulating manpower. I actually loved 12 hour shifts with every other weekend a 3 day weekend. I was as good as many other deputies but was much better than some that surrendered their enthusiasm to the life of the disgruntled. I consider myself fortunate to have worked for several supervisors that recognized my good attitude and efforts, and was promoted several times. By the way, I am a white male without family ties in the agency and I never made a financial donation. I am fortunate, unlike many peers that were just as good. I could not have imagined thirty years in uniform patrolling a zone, especially as understaffed as we are, especially with all of the extra duties that have been pile on your backs. It is a true shame patrol deputies are not enjoying their job as I did mine in the 80’s. I hope that this is addressed sooner than later. With today’s social media sites such as this, coupled with the nationwide attack on law enforcement, it will be a challenge. Stay safe my brothers and sisters, I appreciate you continuing to fight the fight, and protect the citizens and visitors of Hillsborough County the best you can with the available manpower. I, as many, thank you.

Unregistered
    Or the amount of reports they're taking. Guarantee midshift is taking as many, if not more reports than a night shift squad with less than half the amount of people. Midshift humps it everyday, we definitely need them. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have 1 midshift car per zone.

Unregistered
    This is another ploy to get their buddies a supervisor position as Sgt.

We don't need 2 supervisors on midshift. We need 2 more bodies- that's it.

Midshift kicks azz. And if they have a cpl. that is making sure the troops aren't diicking around playing street crimes games while we are holding calls...midshift helps us out tremendously.

In south county they rock!!! I rarely go home late!!!! I also heard that in D5 they kick azz too!!!

Thank you midshift we appreciate you guys.

Unregistered
    This is another ploy to get their buddies a supervisor position as Sgt.

We don't need 2 supervisors on midshift. We need 2 more bodies- that's it.

Midshift kicks azz. And if they have a cpl. that is making sure the troops aren't diicking around playing street crimes games while we are holding calls...midshift helps us out tremendously.

In south county they rock!!! I rarely go home late!!!! I also heard that in D5 they kick azz too!!!

Thank you midshift we appreciate you guys.
    Quit tooting your own horn, stupid.

Unregistered
    Somebody has to. It’s not like positive reinforcement or positive feedback exists around here.

Unregistered
    Beep beep to d5 and d4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast