Stay off this site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Stay off this site

Your IP address is compromised. Go to a public library. Wear a ball cap to cover your face from the cams. Either way, stay safe and protect yourself. The wolves are hungry. I know because I used all these tools in the past. It is a scary world today.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    The above poste is wrong. Your ip information is protected here. But, if you feel like you need to protect your identity, then try using a VPN. If you don't know what that is, just Google VPN. There are several good ones that you can use for free. They will protect your ip address from everybody.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your IP address is compromised. Go to a public library. Wear a ball cap to cover your face from the cams. Either way, stay safe and protect yourself. The wolves are hungry. I know because I used all these tools in the past. It is a scary world today.
    Carmine is upset people are speaking the truth.

Unregistered
    My ip constantly changes. Tracking me is near impossible

Unregistered

Get real

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    The above poste is wrong. Your ip information is protected here. But, if you feel like you need to protect your identity, then try using a VPN. If you don't know what that is, just Google VPN. There are several good ones that you can use for free. They will protect your ip address from everybody.

Mod 1
    Who are you fooling? Get real........Let me guess.........what do you do when a search warrant is issued for an IP...........
    I am sure that you would have to produce it.......so end of debate......this site is nothing but an intelligence gathering site for agencies that are in trouble......so dream on......Leo Affairs makes money through all these ads.......You are no different than the rest of the Internet scum that profits off of social media.

Who are you fooling? Get real........Let me guess.........what do you do when a search warrant is issued for an IP...........
    I am sure that you would have to produce it.......so end of debate......this site is nothing but an intelligence gathering site for agencies that are in trouble......so dream on......Leo Affairs makes money through all these ads.......You are no different than the rest of the Internet scum that profits off of social media.
    Obviously you don't know the case law involved. Back years ago, Sheriff David Gee of Hillsborough County sued when we refused to turn over IP addresses of posters that he believed to be deputies of his agency posting about an active investigation when subpoenaed. We won at the circuit court level and he appealed to the 2nd DCA. He lost there where they ruled in our favor without opinion. This left him nothing to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court. This means that the case law is in our favor for not having to turn over IP addresses even when subpoenaed. I will go even further to state that I have never been forced to turn over any IP address, and the only time I have ever turned one over was when someone made a threat towards a specific FHP Trooper.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Unregistered

Spot On

Obviously you don't know the case law involved. Back years ago, Sheriff David Gee of Hillsborough County sued when we refused to turn over IP addresses of posters that he believed to be deputies of his agency posting about an active investigation when subpoenaed. We won at the circuit court level and he appealed to the 2nd DCA. He lost there where they ruled in our favor without opinion. This left him nothing to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court. This means that the case law is in our favor for not having to turn over IP addresses even when subpoenaed. I will go even further to state that I have never been forced to turn over any IP address, and the only time I have ever turned one over was when someone made a threat towards a specific FHP Trooper.

Mod 1
    If your with LCSO and familiar with this site then you know the moderator is 100% correct on this. People have tried to get IP addresses and, allegedly, offered large sums of money to the moderator with no success. I don't condone all the negative and disparaging subjects and talk on this site but it's the ONLY place I'm aware of in this right to work state where people have the freedom of speech to discuss serious issues and scandals that, otherwise, would never see the light of day.

The moderator and founders of this site are owed a huge thanks for protecting one of our most important freedoms in a day and age when our rights are increasingly threatened.

Unregistered

Request

Mod 1
    Please provide the exact case in question. I would like to look it up.

Thank you

Unregistered

Case Info

Thank you
    While LEOAFFAIRS.COMTM has enjoyed national press coverage on television and in print, we want users to keep our role of being a Law Enforcement Website geared towards Officer Rights in perspective. Providing this forum to LEOs inevitably brings up issues involving First Amendment Rights and Freedom of Speech. We have gone to great lengths to maintain the integrity of this site and it’s Message Boards by instituting the use of hundreds of Moderators and Staff personnel over them. However, there will always be those who challenge these rights, especially if the ones executing them are LEOs.

Law Enforcement Officers are likely to talk about racial issues and sexual matters due to the nature of their jobs, but this does not make them racists and/or sexists. Some outside the realm of law enforcement (including the media) have trouble understanding this from time to time. Please understand that the premise of this site involves its use for the spirited debate of sometimes controversial topics. With proper moderation, this can be a huge benefit to the LEO sub culture that was otherwise unfulfilled until now.

The incident involving the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) suing Unknown John and Jane Doe Deputies was one we felt compelled to get involved in. The Sheriff sought the IP addresses of posters who he felt were violating internal policies. We stood up for the deputies who were being sued by their Sheriff and won. LEOAFFAIRS.COMTM also represented the deputies in the Florida 2nd District Court of Appeal to further preserve the deputies’ right to Free Speech and won again, thus creating case law. We have since met with HCSO Sheriff David Gee and implemented additional measures to address the concerns he had with the Message Boards. We do not have an adversarial relationship with the HCSO and, quite frankly, think highly of Sheriff David Gee.

Here it is.

Thank you
    It was in 2005-2006 time frame. I don't have either the Hillsborough County case number nor the 2nd DCA case number. I looked for both and couldn't find either of them. I spent enough time looking for them.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast