Ipads
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipads

Unregistered

Ipads

Had anyone used their iPad since they did their day of field training? I’m pretty sure everyone I’ve spoken to placed it in a drawer we’re it still sits

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Had anyone used their iPad since they did their day of field training? I’m pretty sure everyone I’ve spoken to placed it in a drawer we’re it still sits
    We use them for inspections, reports, g drive access, pretty much everything we did with the laptop. Plus there is Apple TV.
    Easier to work on than the phone.

Unregistered

For a good time call

1-900-wzl-nuts

Unregistered
    We use them for inspections, reports, g drive access, pretty much everything we did with the laptop. Plus there is Apple TV.
    Easier to work on than the phone.
    Ours suck. We can’t keep them connected through the cell phone

Unregistered
    Ours suck. We can’t keep them connected through the cell phone
    Same here. They will become more useful to us once we can do surveys on them. There should be a way to do the survey entry, log, IA photo, even the I&E receipt can be signed on the ipad. When that comes to fruition we'll see more value. Supposedly we will eventually be able to do evidence forms, car inspections, equipment inspections, vault inspections... just about everything except an NTA because you will need to leave a copy. If they get data plans for these and printers for the agents that would make it even better!

Unregistered
    Same here. They will become more useful to us once we can do surveys on them. There should be a way to do the survey entry, log, IA photo, even the I&E receipt can be signed on the ipad. When that comes to fruition we'll see more value. Supposedly we will eventually be able to do evidence forms, car inspections, equipment inspections, vault inspections... just about everything except an NTA because you will need to leave a copy. If they get data plans for these and printers for the agents that would make it even better!
    Well the printer paper we need is extremely expensive and there’s no way to connect to a expensive printer without a data plan. Seems these are things that Squirrely Judas and Lord Weaselnuts don’t think about. They’re just focused on making us inspectors part two.

Unregistered
    I don’t think the iPads they bought have cell capability (cheaper version) so getting a data plan is moot. Gotta buy more iPads.

Unregistered
    I don’t think the iPads they bought have cell capability (cheaper version) so getting a data plan is moot. Gotta buy more iPads.
    You are correct sir. The iPads purchased for agents are not capable of cell connectivity. The theory was to use the smart phone for that. It doesn't work reliably and in some area not at all.

Unregistered
    But we got this awesome invisible ink pen!

Unregistered
    It's a shame the advice from the technology guys was not followed and we ended up with Wi-Fi only iPads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast