Words of Wisdom - Page 12
Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom

Unregistered

Ten Commandments of Human Relations - how many do you have to work on ?

1. SPEAK TO PEOPLE. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting

2. SMILE AT PEOPLE. It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile

3. CALL PEOPLE by name. The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his own name

4. BE FRIENDLY and helpful. If you would have friends, be a friend.

5. BE CORDIAL. Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure

6. BE GENUINELY interested in people. You can like almost everybody if you try

7. BE GENEROUS with praise - cautious with criticism

8. BE CONSIDERATE with the feelings of others. There are usually three sides to a controversy: Yours, the other's, and ther right side

9. BE ALERT to give service. What counts most in life is what we do for others

10. ADD TO THIS a good sense of humor, a big dose of patience and a dash of humility, and you will be rewarded many-fold

Unregistered
    "Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing."

Unregistered

The most overwhelming fact of politics is what people do not know.

“The most overwhelming fact of politics is what people do not know. In politics, it's what you perceive to be true that's true, not truth. If I tell you one thing is true, you will believe the second thing is true. This is a very difficult concept for people who are rational, but for those of us who are engaged in politics, it has become the norm. ... if I tell you one thing is true, you will believe the second thing is true even though you haven't a clue whether I'm telling the truth or not. That is the way politicians behave and a good politician will tell you a few things that are true before he tells you a few things that are not true because you will then believe all the things he has said, true and untrue.”— Arthur Finkelstein, Political Strategist

Unregistered

Be the ball

A Zen philosopher once said:
    A donut with no hole is a danish

Unregistered
    “There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.”

Unregistered
    " Don't stress the could have's;
    If it should have, it would have"

Unregistered
    " The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over the other".

Unregistered
    “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
    ....ditto above on second marriage, third, and fourth marriage

Unregistered
    “I wish, as well as everybody else, to be perfectly happy; but, like everybody else, it must be in my own way.”

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast