Police versus Fire in a brewing contest Really
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Police versus Fire in a brewing contest Really

As a prior LEO and citizen I thought I have seen it all until now. Why would two government agencies who work Alcohol related deaths such as DUIs and many other alcohol related crimes endorse something like this. Plus it is listed as a family activity event. Sorry but my kids will not be attending an event at a brewery or bar. Have you all lost your minds. What happen to BBQ contest or sport related events to benefit community and youth programs from proceeds. How has MADD or any other type organization reacted to this. This is a totally ridiculous and just sad to see this event was even thought of much less scheduled. I have nothing against brewery or bars at all but you really have to draw the line when it comes to this.

Unregistered
    What about FSS 561.25

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a prior LEO and citizen I thought I have seen it all until now. Why would two government agencies who work Alcohol related deaths such as DUIs and many other alcohol related crimes endorse something like this. Plus it is listed as a family activity event. Sorry but my kids will not be attending an event at a brewery or bar. Have you all lost your minds. What happen to BBQ contest or sport related events to benefit community and youth programs from proceeds. How has MADD or any other type organization reacted to this. This is a totally ridiculous and just sad to see this event was even thought of much less scheduled. I have nothing against brewery or bars at all but you really have to draw the line when it comes to this.
    What do you expect when the agencies are ran by a bunch of alcoholics, drinkers, partiers however you want to label them. This is what this City has turned into and the mindset of these people

Unregistered
    God can we say Karen much? The event is by front page brewing, not the PD, or the FD. I swear you guys hover over this board like a vulture waiting to bring on your negative comment just because you can. If you don’t care for events like this then don’t go.

Unregistered
    This is a bad idea and the perception is worse.

Unregistered
    This is a bad idea and the perception is worse.
    Not according to the social media pages of the PD and the brewery. It appears the community is very supportive. Go back to being a judgmental Karen.

Unregistered
    So your fb page has 17 likes and I'm sure the brewery is happy. Hell have the next drink off event at the Wine Stable. Can't wait for the press to get hold of this one

Unregistered
    So your fb page has 17 likes and I'm sure the brewery is happy. Hell have the next drink off event at the Wine Stable. Can't wait for the press to get hold of this one
    Comparing Front Page Brewing to the wine stable is like comparing a Hilton to the Budget inn…. “Can’t wait for the press to get hold of this one”…. I hope they do. Heaven forbid the press publishes the public, the fire department, and the police department getting along. That would be bad. People smiling and enjoying themselves on the front page of the ledger?? Oh god no!! Last time I checked just because people drink, that doesn’t make them alcoholics. Oh and while I’m thinking about it, I drank beer while I was reading this post, just because I can. Well damn, guess I’m just as much a bum as the next guy.

Unregistered
    Comparing Front Page Brewing to the wine stable is like comparing a Hilton to the Budget inn…. “Can’t wait for the press to get hold of this one”…. I hope they do. Heaven forbid the press publishes the public, the fire department, and the police department getting along. That would be bad. People smiling and enjoying themselves on the front page of the ledger?? Oh god no!! Last time I checked just because people drink, that doesn’t make them alcoholics. Oh and while I’m thinking about it, I drank beer while I was reading this post, just because I can. Well damn, guess I’m just as much a bum as the next guy.
    Only thing I want to know is the beer free, because I will be there. Off duty of course.

Good job BPD and FD, the city should buy everyone around just for dealing with the above all the time.

Unregistered
    Wow the drunks get testy when you talk about messing with their alcohol. We know who the “off duty” drinkers are that will be there already and afterwards. Hope the Ledger sticks around for some good photos of what reallyhappens then

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast