About to go to Academy Any Recommendations?

Unregistered

Question About to go to Academy Any Recommendations?

Hey guys I'm about to go to academy but I'm a bit out of shape. I'm running just about every day and lifting 4 times a week. I'm doing my best to get in shape so I'm not a slob when I get there. Any tips? What's the PT like? Should I be focusing on my cardio or my strength training? Any other tips for a rookie? Thanks.

Unregistered
    Find a real LEO job. You will find out that we are nothing but social workers. And we get crapped on all the time.

Unregistered
    Which academy? If it's probation then quit now since it's a dead end career run by idiots who have spent their entire career running P&P into the ground.

If it's corrections then quit after the academy and go to the jails since they pay a lot more and actually respect their employees.

Unregistered
    The point to these replies is simple. FDOC sucks and does not care about you at all.

Unregistered
    Do three pushups a day. Push youself away from the table and learn the words; Im full.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which academy? If it's probation then quit now since it's a dead end career run by idiots who have spent their entire career running P&P into the ground.

If it's corrections then quit after the academy and go to the jails since they pay a lot more and actually respect their employees.
    Good career advice.

As far as losing weight, cut out all carbs (bread, rice, pasta, fried foods, booze) and eat broiled chicken and fish mostly.
    Side dishes of vegetables and fruits for desert. This way you don't have to kill yourself with strenuous exercise to lose weight or have a coronary attack.

Walk two hours a day as briskly as possible, morning and evening. Follow this advice and you will lose weight the healthy way.