New officers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
 

Thread: New officers

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    New officers

    So lets see , some have a year on during covid do they even know how to write a ticket not talking about an aform

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    yep ask him around, no guidance at all

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Is any of this English?

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    If you want to get picky, some of you so-called seasoned vets have decades on and canít properly complete an A-Form or Uniform Traffic Citation either.

    The high concentration of incompetence and laziness around here is heaviest within the senior personnel - not us newbies.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    LMAO, what are you talking about? People that have been here 15 plus have written more A Forms in the first year of service then you will in your entire career. I've had up to 8 arrests in one month when I started here. Would get 60 plus on some years. Back then it was zero tolerance. Everyone had to go. As for tickets some of us had to give tickets to get a new car under a certain former chief. So I don't know what vets are you hanging with

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Insolent little *******s here

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you want to get picky, some of you so-called seasoned vets have decades on and canít properly complete an A-Form or Uniform Traffic Citation either.

    The high concentration of incompetence and laziness around here is heaviest within the senior personnel - not us newbies.
    So you just graduated from high school, and now you're qualified to assess the seniors ay,. If you were my PPO with that attitude, I would have warned the agency we have a rogue idiot who thinks he knows it all. Stay away from central ops.
    You'll get hurt with that stupid attitude.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you just graduated from high school, and now you're qualified to assess the seniors ay,. If you were my PPO with that attitude, I would have warned the agency we have a rogue idiot who thinks he knows it all. Stay away from central ops.
    You'll get hurt with that stupid attitude.
    Thatís my point. Regardless of when I [we] graduated high school, or college for that matter, the fact that many of the newer officers are seemingly much more knowledgeable than the senior officers, speaks to the wasteland this place is.
    Iím not saying we have more time; but time isnít the best measuring stick, especially at a place like this. Time doing what?
    You can point to several senior officers, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, and command staff, who have time, but they suck!
    You vets always look and speak through the lens of having time. That in itself compromises your ability to reason logically on a number of work related matters and severely limits your ability to make a meaningful contribution to here. All you have is time.
    Truth hurts.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    new officers need plenty of training

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    new officers need plenty of training
    ALL officers need PLENTY of training. Are you not watching the news or paying attention to the profession?

    Who are you [we] trying to fool? Our department isnít exactly the standard. We donít have the volume of work or wide range of calls to really become experts. We have awful first line supervisors who really just pinned on their rank due to the growth of the agency. Our command staff is the tale of two sides; one-half good and one-half terrible.

    Please, stop trying to imply that just because someone has twenty years on, that it makes them specialists. Training is good for ALL officers and this profession is currently in the crosshairs due to four reasons: a) politics; b) misconduct and corruption; c) the need for reform and its refusal to change; d) poor leadership.

    Training could help in three of these areas, and not just for new officers. Even you grand old marvels could stand to benefit from training. Of course, new officers were affected by COViD19, and the shut down of our country, which resulted in them not gaining the benefit of on-the-job experience, so that will need to be monitored.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Lighten up dude

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thatís my point. Regardless of when I [we] graduated high school, or college for that matter, the fact that many of the newer officers are seemingly much more knowledgeable than the senior officers, speaks to the wasteland this place is.
    Iím not saying we have more time; but time isnít the best measuring stick, especially at a place like this. Time doing what?
    You can point to several senior officers, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, and command staff, who have time, but they suck!
    You vets always look and speak through the lens of having time. That in itself compromises your ability to reason logically on a number of work related matters and severely limits your ability to make a meaningful contribution to here. All you have is time.
    Truth hurts.
    And thats called filler busting. That's what polititians do when they can't give a real answer. You are making superficial assessments on officers who have been through the ringer. Many have come from municipal and county police. Seasoned vets. And Like an insolent teen, you just proved my point. Those who lash out and talk down on others don't know shit. Those who have to toot their own horn don't know know how small they are.. BUT life will teach you the power of a man is not in his physical strength, nor from the praise he receives from his favorite colleagues, but its in his humility...The silent man is more powerful
    Than the boisterous brute.. when you enter this agency, in humility and honor those who have paved the road you are now walking on, then you can silently enjoy your success and let others praise you.

    I won't belittle you, because I understand all children are born ignorant and have to be taught to be humble.

    Here's a suggestion. Every time you are about to critique someone, first examine yourself and see if you if you don't have the same faults.

    No one in this agency is lazy. It's priorities that differ. When you get that, you'll lighten up. This job will be here whether you stay or leave. You are disposable and no one is above anyone. Only your mindset is differing. So just come to work on time, enjoy the gig, trust me it will change every year as you move to different locations within the district.
    If it's a slow day, hurray, if it's a busy day hurray .
    Who cares! It's just a job...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •