Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mod 1, The admin of this board used to claim he had the ip addresses dumped every 24 hours therefore making the use of a subpoena requesting someone’s ip essentially useless. Is this still true?
I don't know who said that or why anyone would say that. I would never say anything that tipped our hand of our security measures. I will say that we have case law from the 2nd DCA that says we DO NOT HAVE TO turn over IP addresses for a subpoena. The case was Sheriff David Gee of Hillsborough County vs John and Jane Doe Deputies. I don't remember the year. The case was decided with no comment which left the Sheriff nothing to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court. LEO Affairs has really fought hard to not have to hand over IP addresses and have never lost.

I will also say that I have never been forced to turn over any IP addresses to anyone. They only time I have ever turned over an IP address was when a poster made death threats against a FHP Trooper by name. We thoroughly discussed it and felt it was in the best interest of the Trooper to turn the IP address over so that an investigation could be conducted.

But like I said, if you are still concerned use a free VPN.

Mod 1