Leo affairs posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Leo affairs posts

Some of the supervisors here are telling us not to post anything on this website against Scott Haines. The rumor is that he is either a Mod or have connections which is why most of the content about him is deleted. Plus, he can get our IPs and figure out who we are from IT, even if we're using our own computers. I wouldn't post on here using the agency computers but its crap of this is true that he can do it. How can he have the resources to protect himself against remarks, albeit true? I hope one day justice is served on him, because everything he has done is a spit in the face of us plus those that have died serving their community. That goes for his brother too.

Unregistered
    Haines can’t get your IP address and even if he could what is he going to do with it? Talk to someone who works computer crimes and ask them how the process to identify a user by IP address works. If you’re still worried just use a vpn.

Just don’t use your dept computer to read or post anything you wouldn't tell the sheriff to his face because your IT people will snitch. What you do on your personal computer on your time is your business.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haines can’t get your IP address and even if he could what is he going to do with it? Talk to someone who works computer crimes and ask them how the process to identify a user by IP address works. If you’re still worried just use a vpn.

Just don’t use your dept computer to read or post anything you wouldn't tell the sheriff to his face because your IT people will snitch. What you do on your personal computer on your time is your business.
    Actually his brother works computer crimes.

Unregistered
    Can y'all find another topic beside SH? Y'all jealous

Unregistered
    As always, someone brings up the Haineses either here or that podunk at ECSO, which is a far better agency.. I think y'all are just jealous cause y'all didn't climb the ranks like they did. They know their shit, so let em be. I doubt either read this they have better things to do. Y'all just need to your job and stfu. Besides, obviously Lt Haines was not nor will ever be arrested by the feds or anyone. So STFU!

Unregistered
    SRCSO is merely a podunk agency. Y'alls status as law enforcement officers is amateurish. Come over here if y'all want to go pro. Or better yet, stay where y'all at, kissing your cousins and watching drunks screw the animals.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Some of the supervisors here are telling us not to post anything on this website against Scott Haines. The rumor is that he is either a Mod or have connections which is why most of the content about him is deleted. Plus, he can get our IPs and figure out who we are from IT, even if we're using our own computers. I wouldn't post on here using the agency computers but its crap of this is true that he can do it. How can he have the resources to protect himself against remarks, albeit true? I hope one day justice is served on him, because everything he has done is a spit in the face of us plus those that have died serving their community. That goes for his brother too.
    I will tell you straight up that Scott Haines is not a Mod and has no special access to delete posts nor does anyone have access to IP addresses other than me, my boss and my IT person. If you pay attention a minute I will tell you how things about Scott Haines gets deleted when things about other people don't.

Have you ever heard the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease?" Well it's the same way on here. The moderators are all volunteers and most are full time officers/deputies. They nor I have time to review every post that is posted. So what happens is Posts That Are Reported Are The Ones That Get Reviewed. Then if they violate the Terms of Use, they are deleted. Other posts that might violate Terms of Use get missed. I will tell you that a lot of posts about Scott Haines get reported.

Now about IP addresses. As I said, I, my boss, and our IT person are the only ones with access to IP addresses. About 18 years ago Moderators had access but that changed when a Moderator took some to their sheriff in Central Florida. Since that time, Moderators have no longer had access to them.

Even with an IP address the most information I can get about you is your internet/cell provider and city of service. That's it. Now, if you are using a work computer DON'T!!! Nothing you do is private on your work computer.

If you are concerned about your privacy on here or anywhere, simply use a Proxy Server or a VPN. There are plenty of free ones and cheap ones out there that are simple to use. Just google VPN or Proxy Server and read up on them.

About someone texting me about one of the threads. When I looked at it again, the same number texted me back in the beginning of 2020. So, I seem to remember that my former boss gave out my number to someone back in that time frame. His phone number was all over the web site previously, and still may be some where.

If you have any further concerns, please let me know.

Thank you,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Mod 1, The admin of this board used to claim he had the ip addresses dumped every 24 hours therefore making the use of a subpoena requesting someone’s ip essentially useless. Is this still true?

Unregistered
    Mod 1, The admin of this board used to claim he had the ip addresses dumped every 24 hours therefore making the use of a subpoena requesting someone’s ip essentially useless. Is this still true?
    Where does "he" say this?

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol Mod 732's Avatar
    That's the first time I've ever read anything about that. All I know is the forum mods can't see IP addresses or delete posters. I know nothing about IP dumping, etc. IP addresses fall under the purview of Mod 1. It's simply not in my lane.

I'll be the first to admit that due to my work optempo, I haven't been on here as much. When I am, it is not to attempt to determine who is posting. Personally, I don't really care. My purpose is one thing: enforcement of the TOU. To state that Haines is under investigation without proof is a TOU violation. The poster has the burden of proof, not the moderators. If you post information, make sure you provide a link or other evidence that supports that claim.

Regarding Scott Haines: Mod 1 has stated numerous times that Haines is NOT a moderator. I can't tell you who we are due to confidentiality, but his assertion that I'm not Scott Haines is 100% accurate. I have no first hand knowledge of the so-called FBI investigation nor am I concerned. Do I know who Haines is? Yes. But I'm not him, not friends or even acquaintances with him.

I hope that Mod 1's post will shed some light. The repeated "Mod 732 is Haines" posts will be deleted unless Mod 1 overrides that call. I can't speak for Mod 733, but I'm definitely not Haines.

Thanks

Mod 732
    "Some smart man once said that on the most exalted throne in the world, we are seated on nothing but our own arse" -Wendell Mayes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast