+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Change this pursuit policy

    Bob said when he changed the pursuit policy that he never wanted to have to tell an innocent citizen their family member was killed by a bad guy during a police pursuit. Now, because of a terrible policy, he had to tell one of our family members their loved one got killed and we didnít do s**t about it. Actually he didnít have to, he sent somebody else to do it while it talked to the news. Think about how this could have turned out if we actually chased the sg1! We all saw this coming you guys, we just didnít expect it to be one of ours that had to pay.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bob said when he changed the pursuit policy that he never wanted to have to tell an innocent citizen their family member was killed by a bad guy during a police pursuit. Now, because of a terrible policy, he had to tell one of our family members their loved one got killed and we didnít do s**t about it. Actually he didnít have to, he sent somebody else to do it while it talked to the news. Think about how this could have turned out if we actually chased the sg1! We all saw this coming you guys, we just didnít expect it to be one of ours that had to pay.
    Explain options canít pit a truck or SUV. Plus did we safely deploy stop sticks or could we have boxed him in.. We are damned if we do and damned if we donít. I believe other devices are out there. Iím not sure what the answer is but be safe.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bob said when he changed the pursuit policy that he never wanted to have to tell an innocent citizen their family member was killed by a bad guy during a police pursuit. Now, because of a terrible policy, he had to tell one of our family members their loved one got killed and we didnít do s**t about it. Actually he didnít have to, he sent somebody else to do it while it talked to the news. Think about how this could have turned out if we actually chased the sg1! We all saw this coming you guys, we just didnít expect it to be one of ours that had to pay.
    This was a political move designed to protect Bob's political career and reputation. It was not intended to improve public safety.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Mag's tragedy is probably the WORST example you could have used for your argument. I agree with your opinion on our pursuit policy, however, I don't think pursuing that truck would have fixed anything. That idiot was going to kill someone. Magli was just the heroic buffer between rush hour traffic in the NB lanes. FD/SS NEED training on how to appropriately handle person down in vehicle type calls. Sunstar just got yelled at in south county for rushing to a man slumped over in a car before allowing deputies to get on scene. And that's just the first issue in a series of issues that led to that day. But I digress..

    You're right. Our policy is shit. Sadly we only seem to have one night shift sgt who let's their deputies put on work on that.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mag's tragedy is probably the WORST example you could have used for your argument. I agree with your opinion on our pursuit policy, however, I don't think pursuing that truck would have fixed anything. That idiot was going to kill someone. Magli was just the heroic buffer between rush hour traffic in the NB lanes. FD/SS NEED training on how to appropriately handle person down in vehicle type calls. Sunstar just got yelled at in south county for rushing to a man slumped over in a car before allowing deputies to get on scene. And that's just the first issue in a series of issues that led to that day. But I digress..

    You're right. Our policy is shit. Sadly we only seem to have one night shift sgt who let's their deputies put on work on that.
    It's a shame we can't be real cop's anymore. Just do house checks and directed patrols. Make yourself look busy without sticking your neck put too far, this administration will hang you out for easy prey to Blm and liberals

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's a shame we can't be real cop's anymore. Just do house checks and directed patrols. Make yourself look busy without sticking your neck put too far, this administration will hang you out for easy prey to Blm and liberals
    Wait until Biden's federal police oversight agency kicks in. There will be even more restrictions and micromanagement.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Time to hide in pio,strategic planning or snb, wouldn't want anything close to patrol or a marked unit. I'm never leaving snb

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    ďForget it Jake, itís Chinatownď

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    It was inevitably going to lead to a death, I always assumed it would be a civilian that got killed by something we didnt chase.

    I'm also surprised it took this long for someone to drag Maglis name into this topic. Kinda scummy.

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest
    The policy in most agencies is designed to leave the deputies and officers in a gray area. This gives the bosses a way to find them at fault. If itís not a absolute according to policy then let it go. The pursuit board will knit pick everything you did wrong and hang you out to dry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •