Police lights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police lights

Unregistered

Police lights

Hello, I have a question ... a few weeks ago I bought a police interceptor car in which a large part of its lights were still installed, all the cables are cut somewhere because obviously they do not work, here is my question, can the police arrest me for leaving the lights installed ??? I would not want to remove them because it would leave huge gaps everywhere, anyone knows ???

Unregistered
    You are in the right place... several FDLE trainee's bought their own blue lights and installed them because they wanted to run them in their garage or show off to their mom. No doubt they've done the research on blue lights on personal cars as well..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, I have a question ... a few weeks ago I bought a police interceptor car in which a large part of its lights were still installed, all the cables are cut somewhere because obviously they do not work, here is my question, can the police arrest me for leaving the lights installed ??? I would not want to remove them because it would leave huge gaps everywhere, anyone knows ???
    You can change the light bulbs to a different color. No blue or red.

Unregistered
    I don't know what color the LEDs are, at first glance they all look clear, I don't want to connect them to know how they light up, I just don't want to remove them, to look like a policeman without turning on those lights wouldn't that be a problem?

Unregistered

Thank you!

You are in the right place... several FDLE trainee's bought their own blue lights and installed them because they wanted to run them in their garage or show off to their mom. No doubt they've done the research on blue lights on personal cars as well..
    Thanks! You made my day! Hysterical

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    As long as the lights do not light up, you will be okay.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    There are a couple "right" answers. If you cannot make them emit red or blue light from the driver's seat you have nothing to worry about. That is true, as Mod 1 stated. That said, if you have clear LED's all over your car, in plain view...it is SLIGHTLY possible that you MAY VAGUELY fit the description of some police impersonator wannabe meathead (there are only 3,000,000 of them in their old crapped out Crown Vics) and you could be stopped and checked out, especially by FHP or some of the younger cops who think they have just uncovered the crime of the century so I hope you have an extra 20 minutes built into your commute time. Removing them is up to you, and it depends on where you live, and other factors but with the lights they make now, nobody knows what color they are and if they work until they pull you over, so that works both ways. There are a LOT of police impersonator, security guard SWAT wanna be weirdo guys floating around and when you buy and old fleet car, lights and all the other stuff may come with some costs to you

Unregistered
    Hello friend, thanks for giving me your opinion, now I am more confused than at the beginning, I called the police department of my city and they explained to me that I could keep the lights installed but that I will never use them anywhere and it would be fine, nor will I drive pretending Be a policeman, nothing ILLEGAL, THEY SAY, after your comment I call the FHP and ask them exactly the same question, the answer is that if it was illegal to leave them even though they were not connected, then THE LAWS ARE NOT THE SAME IN THE STATE ??? How does the law change from a police department to another?

Unregistered
    Hello friend, thanks for giving me your opinion, now I am more confused than at the beginning, I called the police department of my city and they explained to me that I could keep the lights installed but that I will never use them anywhere and it would be fine, nor will I drive pretending Be a policeman, nothing ILLEGAL, THEY SAY, after your comment I call the FHP and ask them exactly the same question, the answer is that if it was illegal to leave them even though they were not connected, then THE LAWS ARE NOT THE SAME IN THE STATE ??? How does the law change from a police department to another?
    Can we move on already, Just don't turn your lights on!! Geeze!

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Here is the simple answer straight from the statute:

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.—(1) A person may not drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red, red and white, or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles provided in this section.

So, as long as you do not turn them on, you are absolutely legal. The other poster just mentioned that if they are looking for a police impersonator in your area, you could get stopped and questioned if your vehicle matches the description.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast