Status of hiring - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ...does speak volumes and this new admin aint helping things
    Typical SO. We just see it here more prominently because we're smaller and it's much more noticeable. The same crap happens in Hillsborough, Manatee, Dade, Broward, Etc.

Unregistered
    The Hardee County Sheriff's Office has become an extremely toxic environment. Deputies are leaving and or trying to leave at an alarming rate due to the inexperience of the administration and unreasonable demands placed on the staff. The Sheriff has been retired from law enforcement for over 8 years, and the Captain is as incompetent as they come. She failed at every law enforcement position she held and was shuffled around for years until she ended up as a secretary. Now she is in charge of all of law enforcement for the county, her only qualification is being the Sheriff's wife's best friend. If a few key people leave as I think they are planning to, the rest of the place will crumble. I had high hopes for this new administration, but they are an utter failure at this point. They have completely misused the skill sets some of the staff has and have made decisions that are very detrimental to the county.

I hope they are able to hire good, experienced officers because Hardee County needs good officers, but the administration needs to realize they need to take care of their people first so they can serve Hardee County better.

Unregistered
    The Hardee County Sheriff's Office has become an extremely toxic environment. Deputies are leaving and or trying to leave at an alarming rate due to the inexperience of the administration and unreasonable demands placed on the staff.
    It’s been toxic for as long as I can remember. Scandal after scandalUnfortunately patrol always gets the doo doo end of the stick. They work their rear ends off and have to deal with all the BS that comes along with it. The job is hard enough and instability with the administration makes it even worse. The SO could take lessons from the city. You don’t see this nonsense from WPD.

and the Captain is as incompetent as they come. She failed at every law enforcement position she held and was shuffled around for years until she ended up as a secretary. Now she is in charge of all of law enforcement for the county, her only qualification is being the Sheriff's wife's best friend.
    I about died whenever I heard her promotion and so did a ton of others. From the previous Sheriff’s secretary to Captain? I need another shot of vodka. I have no problem personally with her but she is clearly not qualified to be Captain.

Unregistered
    The Hardee County Sheriff's Office has become an extremely toxic environment. Deputies are leaving and or trying to leave at an alarming rate due to the inexperience of the administration and unreasonable demands placed on the staff. The Sheriff has been retired from law enforcement for over 8 years, and the Captain is as incompetent as they come. She failed at every law enforcement position she held and was shuffled around for years until she ended up as a secretary. Now she is in charge of all of law enforcement for the county, her only qualification is being the Sheriff's wife's best friend. If a few key people leave as I think they are planning to, the rest of the place will crumble. I had high hopes for this new administration, but they are an utter failure at this point. They have completely misused the skill sets some of the staff has and have made decisions that are very detrimental to the county.

I hope they are able to hire good, experienced officers because Hardee County needs good officers, but the administration needs to realize they need to take care of their people first so they can serve Hardee County better.
    WOW what is it 3 or 4 more resignations rolling in this week??? people getting snapped up by other agencies who see their human value. many more weighing their options. resignations of perfectly decent hard working people in the jail, in civilian, in admin, in investigations in patrol what to make of this?

Unregistered
    WOW what is it 3 or 4 more resignations rolling in this week??? people getting snapped up by other agencies who see their human value. many more weighing their options. resignations of perfectly decent hard working people in the jail, in civilian, in admin, in investigations in patrol what to make of this?
    Who's leaving now???

Unregistered

Wow

2 more gone today! 2 more getting ready to put in their notice. I truly feel horrible for the citizens of Hardee county. They deserve so much better than Vent Crawford. He has utterly destroyed the sheriffs office and all morale.

Unregistered

Miss sheriff Lanier

2 more gone today! 2 more getting ready to put in their notice. I truly feel horrible for the citizens of Hardee county. They deserve so much better than Vent Crawford. He has utterly destroyed the sheriffs office and all morale.
    The county was so fortunate to have such a professional and caring Sheriff as Arnold Lanier. I hope he is enjoying his well deserved retirement but I know this garbage sitting in his office has got to be killing him.

Unregistered
    They deserve so much better than Vent Crawford. He has utterly destroyed the sheriffs office and all morale.
    I agree with deserving better than what they currently have. I’m very disappointed in the current Sheriff. I thought he was much better than this.

I disagree on him destroying the SO and all morale. The SO and morale was completely destroyed by the previous incompetent administration. Some even say it was destroyed by the administration before that but I can’t comment on them. I have only been in the county since 2008.

Eason was easily the best candidate. Unfortunately he’s not a good ole boy and never had a fair chance in this county.

Unregistered
    I agree with deserving better than what they currently have. I’m very disappointed in the current Sheriff. I thought he was much better than this.

I disagree on him destroying the SO and all morale. The SO and morale was completely destroyed by the previous incompetent administration. Some even say it was destroyed by the administration before that but I can’t comment on them. I have only been in the county since 2008.

Eason was easily the best candidate. Unfortunately he’s not a good ole boy and never had a fair chance in this county.
    Crawford came in with his BS about making changes, turning the department around, etc, and he failed miserably. He lifted everyone's spirits and made them think that real change was coming, only to let them down monumentally when he started the same old behavior as the past administration. That, in my opinion, was the final nail in the coffin for the departments morale. How they treated MT was an absolute travesty, and I would say this to any of the younger deputies: if they can treat MT that way, a man who gave 20+ years of his life to the SO, honorably, who never got involved in the BS and who remained neutral as much as possible, think about what they can (and will eventually) do to YOU. The agency is sinking fast. They need bodies and that's all you are to them - a warm body to fill a patrol car. They will screw you over first opportunity they got. Bail. Take whatever you've got in FRS and find a real agency to go work for. One where you're valued and they treat/pay you what you're worth. Stay safe.

Unregistered

Really?

Crawford came in with his BS about making changes, turning the department around, etc, and he failed miserably. He lifted everyone's spirits and made them think that real change was coming, only to let them down monumentally when he started the same old behavior as the past administration. That, in my opinion, was the final nail in the coffin for the departments morale. How they treated MT was an absolute travesty, and I would say this to any of the younger deputies: if they can treat MT that way, a man who gave 20+ years of his life to the SO, honorably, who never got involved in the BS and who remained neutral as much as possible, think about what they can (and will eventually) do to YOU. The agency is sinking fast. They need bodies and that's all you are to them - a warm body to fill a patrol car. They will screw you over first opportunity they got. Bail. Take whatever you've got in FRS and find a real agency to go work for. One where you're valued and they treat/pay you what you're worth. Stay safe.
    Go on and get a life Andrew. Your scare tactics didn’t work at the SO and they won’t work on here either. Nice try. Maybe change some of your vocabulary and your posts won’t be as recognizable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast