Scrutinize*PBC schools' police department

Unregistered

Scrutinize*PBC schools' police department

The Palm Beach County School*Board is scurrying to reprioritize projects as revenue shortfalls loom. The shortage is expected to worsen in spite of the added tax that we*the voters approved.*

Labor contracts will impact the shortage; our teachers deserve a livable salary.*But is the*“new and improved” police department real, or just a top-heavy paper tiger?*Is it no more than a bureaucratic monster in the making where misspending is obvious in the name of safety?*

The School Board needs to closely examine their police department: A*department where morale is almost non-existent amongst those doing the work. A department where tenured staff are resigning, and those replacing them are rushed through training to fill a void.*

It’s time to get to work and scrutinize*the agency’s*strategic plan before the debacle looming arrives.*

Jacob Tenore,*Palm Springs

Unregistered
    100% spot on. Many more tenured officers will be gone by the end of this school year.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    100% spot on. Many more tenured officers will be gone by the end of this school year.
    So true, it's sad what this department is becoming under the current "leadership." I can only imagine how horrible it will be when these "detective supervisors" with very little experience become Lieutenants and Captains.

Unregistered
    So true, it's sad what this department is becoming under the current "leadership." I can only imagine how horrible it will be when these "detective supervisors" with very little experience become Lieutenants and Captains.
    It will be interesting for sure. Frank K doesn’t take defeat kindly we saw it when the union won the Sargent grievance. If and I’m sure when he selects the detective supervisors are lieutenants and captains they will no longer be appointed making it almost impossible to grieve.

Fennoy needs to take a look into this “leadership” and investigate why so many tenured officers are retiring abruptly.

Unregistered
    It will be interesting for sure. Frank K doesn’t take defeat kindly we saw it when the union won the Sargent grievance. If and I’m sure when he selects the detective supervisors are lieutenants and captains they will no longer be appointed making it almost impossible to grieve.

Fennoy needs to take a look into this “leadership” and investigate why so many tenured officers are retiring abruptly.
    Fennoy should just skip this step and agree to go green. Officers retiring or quitting abruptly would be off of his plate.