Employment Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Employment Question

What’s your take home car policy?

Unregistered
    They deduct gas money out of your paycheck.

Unregistered
    Forget the take home car policy. I’d rather have a policy that requires the “leaders” here treat employees with respect and dignity. Oh who am I kidding? Command staff is exempt from policy... silly me.

Unregistered

Take home car

The policy is 15 straight line miles out of the county with no cost to the employee. There is a proposal that is requesting further with a fee if approved.

Unregistered
    OCSO gives you 24mi. Bye.

Unregistered

Thank You

I appreciate the solid answer! How likely is the new policy to be approved? And is there a limit for that?

Unregistered
    Looking like it’ll get passed. Best advise ignore the whining of the negative nay-sayers, here. They complain about leadership. But, I don’t see them making themselves viable and more potential for any leadership problems. It’s a I’m to lazy to fix it generation thought. I’ll just go somewhere else, which won’t be any better. Then they will whine there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking like it’ll get passed. Best advise ignore the whining of the negative nay-sayers, here. They complain about leadership. But, I don’t see them making themselves viable and more potential for any leadership problems. It’s a I’m to lazy to fix it generation thought. I’ll just go somewhere else, which won’t be any better. Then they will whine there.
    SCSO is a lost cause. Changing the agency as a Deputy? 😂 Good luck. Stay 30 years, get paid d*ck doing area patrols and tik tok dances. How many left and have come back? Only a handful. Because they couldn’t handle being a real cop elsewhere. Other agencies like OPD and OCSO actually expect you to do the job you signed up for. Those that have left and stayed gone have flourished. Do a FOIA request for how many Deputies have left in the last 4 years. That should say enough.

Thinking you can make a difference in how the agency is run as a Deputy is like sh*tting your pants and changing your shirt thinking it will help. Apply elsewhere, best advice I can give you.

Best advice? Ignore people like this who will say and do anything to appease a worthless command staff and a wannabe big league sheriff who doesn’t have a genuine interaction with any agency members. Apply elsewhere. OCSO is much better paid, equipped, empowered to do their job. And you can easily make 100k or more with details.

Don’t walk. Run from this idea of working here.

Unregistered
    SCSO is a lost cause. Changing the agency as a Deputy? 😂 Good luck. Stay 30 years, get paid d*ck doing area patrols and tik tok dances. How many left and have come back? Only a handful. Because they couldn’t handle being a real cop elsewhere. Other agencies like OPD and OCSO actually expect you to do the job you signed up for. Those that have left and stayed gone have flourished. Do a FOIA request for how many Deputies have left in the last 4 years. That should say enough.

Thinking you can make a difference in how the agency is run as a Deputy is like sh*tting your pants and changing your shirt thinking it will help. Apply elsewhere, best advice I can give you.

Best advice? Ignore people like this who will say and do anything to appease a worthless command staff and a wannabe big league sheriff who doesn’t have a genuine interaction with any agency members. Apply elsewhere. OCSO is much better paid, equipped, empowered to do their job. And you can easily make 100k or more with details.

Don’t walk. Run from this idea of working here.
    Spoken like the few jaded failed at the agency. OCSO has many problems even mainly their Sheriff who backed down and threw his troops to the wolves. Don’t be that guy. If you hate SCSO so much leave, the many of us who enjoy it here gladly would love to see the negative nellies who cry about all the stuff they don’t get, get going. I’m sure your one of the 3-5 year deputy that is disgruntled. I am mot here to prop admin up. They have their flaws. But, guess what... all of them do no matter where. The grass is not always greener. You can make a change but, you gotta be positive and actually know what you’re doing to get promoted. Not saying that everyone promoted is worthy. But, many are and they are the stronger ones who won’t back down. So put on your big boy pants use that energy trying to sabotage the agency and learn to be a master of your craft and professional. This world is against us right now, we need to back each other!

In my decades of being a LEO at Seminole there are few like you that are the squeaky wheel. You are not the majority and quit bringing disgrace on the agency and the profession.

Unregistered
    Spoken like the few jaded failed at the agency. OCSO has many problems even mainly their Sheriff who backed down and threw his troops to the wolves. Don’t be that guy. If you hate SCSO so much leave, the many of us who enjoy it here gladly would love to see the negative nellies who cry about all the stuff they don’t get, get going. I’m sure your one of the 3-5 year deputy that is disgruntled. I am mot here to prop admin up. They have their flaws. But, guess what... all of them do no matter where. The grass is not always greener. You can make a change but, you gotta be positive and actually know what you’re doing to get promoted. Not saying that everyone promoted is worthy. But, many are and they are the stronger ones who won’t back down. So put on your big boy pants use that energy trying to sabotage the agency and learn to be a master of your craft and professional. This world is against us right now, we need to back each other!

In my decades of being a LEO at Seminole there are few like you that are the squeaky wheel. You are not the majority and quit bringing disgrace on the agency and the profession.
    Hahahahahaha!!!! This is an instant LEOaffairs classic. “Many who are promoted are worthy and stronger ones who don’t back down.” Bro... you are trying too hard. You’re telling me AB, SM, CL, SS, AG, CM, PP and CB are the best of us?

I did leave and I can tell you.... the grass is most CERTAINLY greener on the other side. Enjoy your koolaid hoss and your customer service Facebook policing. Nerd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast