Take home car

Thread: Take home car

Unregistered

Take home car

I assume you get a take home car after completing FTO. Do you only get one if you reside in Polk? I live in Hillsborough and was curious if I got hired if I could take it home a county over.

Thanks

Unregistered
    Must live in Polk. No exceptions, at all. They’ll give you a short period of time to get moved here, but you’ve got to live within the confines (or get an apt to be your home here).

Car is issued upon release of classroom portion of FTO. So during field portion of FTO, you get to take your car home everyday.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I assume you get a take home car after completing FTO. Do you only get one if you reside in Polk? I live in Hillsborough and was curious if I got hired if I could take it home a county over.

Thanks
    You have to reside within Polk. Interestingly however other agencies outside Polk will allow you to reside in neighboring counties.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the responses. I was unaware you must live in Polk to be a deputy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I was unaware you must live in Polk to be a deputy.
    Yep. You’re given a timeframe to move within the county, but it’s a must.

Unregistered
    Way it should be.

Take home car in another county does nothing to support the Polk taxpayer.