Hiring
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring

Unregistered

Hiring

Wondering how’s the hiring process for an officer with prior corrections and currently working as a police officer, also Bi lingual and clean file.

When are take home vehicle issued?

Can you take the vehicle home if you live outside the county?

Will I be required to work the jail before the road?

Any information will be appreciated.

Unregistered
    They’re more worried about trying to make you fail the polygraph than anything.

Unregistered
    Agreed I went down back in March for the initial interview and passed it. Due to COVID I was unable to finish up the rest of the process until August. When I went down in August for the polygraph I did not know what to expect. I never had taken one prior to it and was defiantly nervous. Long story short the background investigator kept grilling me and said that my results were inconclusive and that I would have to come back the next day in order to be re-examined. I went back the following day and re did the polygraph and was told that everything looked fine. About 2 weeks later I received my rejection letter in the mail. I requested my background packet as a means of the freedom of information act and I was not recommend based on information that I had previously disclosed on my Initial application. The entire process I was led and set up for failure.

Unregistered

Winner winner

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed I went down back in March for the initial interview and passed it. Due to COVID I was unable to finish up the rest of the process until August. When I went down in August for the polygraph I did not know what to expect. I never had taken one prior to it and was defiantly nervous. Long story short the background investigator kept grilling me and said that my results were inconclusive and that I would have to come back the next day in order to be re-examined. I went back the following day and re did the polygraph and was told that everything looked fine. About 2 weeks later I received my rejection letter in the mail. I requested my background packet as a means of the freedom of information act and I was not recommend based on information that I had previously disclosed on my Initial application. The entire process I was led and set up for failure.
    Yep! And it lowers your chances of a job if you’re a family member of someone that works for the agency.

Don’t get discouraged, I didn’t get hired on by CCSO and almost immediately after I got denied, another agency picked me up.

Weird, I gave same honest answers on the packet and polygraph for both agencies. Collier said I was lying which was furthest from the truth.

Unregistered
    It's good to know, I'm a retired LEO retired to Collier County. Guess I know what to expect, no job for me

Unregistered
    It's good to know, I'm a retired LEO retired to Collier County. Guess I know what to expect, no job for me
    LCSO has their own issues, and there is a lot of new cry baby millennials that like to be disgruntled because fleet gave them a 2017 explorer instead of a 2019 explorer. When even the new 2019 explorer has more time as LEO then they do.

Do yourself a favor and try Punta Gorda PD, Cape Coral Pd, or Charlotte County SO.
    Cape is highest paid around here.

Unregistered
    LCSO has their own issues, and there is a lot of new cry baby millennials that like to be disgruntled because fleet gave them a 2017 explorer instead of a 2019 explorer. When even the new 2019 explorer has more time as LEO then they do.

Do yourself a favor and try Punta Gorda PD, Cape Coral Pd, or Charlotte County SO.
    Cape is highest paid around here.
    They all want full-time officers and probably end up on midnight, I want part time and no midnight shift, its why I liked CCSO they offered me that but after reading this im not so sure

Unregistered
    They all want full-time officers and probably end up on midnight, I want part time and no midnight shift, its why I liked CCSO they offered me that but after reading this im not so sure
    Sounds like PT Bailiff position. CCSO has a great Court Operation/Bailiff division. You still get a take home car with good hours and nice environment.

Unregistered
    Sounds like PT Bailiff position. CCSO has a great Court Operation/Bailiff division. You still get a take home car with good hours and nice environment.
    Or seasonal Youth Relations Deputy, I'm told by HR alot of retired cops do that

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me if Collier takes prior experience into consideration for starting pay? If so what can someone expect to start out at with 5 years of experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast