Realistically, what can we expect with Crawford incoming?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Realistically, what can we expect with Crawford incoming?

I've heard everything from no changes at all (which I find hard to believe) to a complete revamping of the agency...DTF disbanded or re-organized, firings and demotions, changes to policy, etc. He's a former Trooper, and I just don't see how a guy like him is capable of running a full-service law enforcement agency. Other than the occasional rolling domestic, what else do these guys do besides crashes and traffic enforcement? Is he going to start making the Sheriff's Office handle crashes in order to free up his Trooper buddies? The guy really hasn't said much at all about what his plan with the agency is.

Unregistered

New Sheriff

It is extremely rare for a new Sheriff (Who was not working in another position at the Sheriff’s Office at time of election) to not make changes. I am sure from at least Captain and above will change.

I’ll leave the DTF topic alone for now.

Let’s face it, HCSO needs help. Things haven’t been right for so many years. Before I get unloaded on, I have worked for and worked around multiple agencies which had poor reputations. HCSO is the worst agency I have ever seen when it comes to politics, bureaucracy, drama and backstabbing.
    Some (Not all) of the road patrol Sgt’s/Cpl’s are inexperienced and would never be in their positions at a larger and better ran agency. Some of their characters needs to be examined to, especially with all the infidelity (Everyone knows the individuals I am talking about). A *few* road patrol deputies also have questionable characters/backgrounds.

Several retired State Troopers have been elected Sheriff in the State of Florida. Some have been great, some have been terrible. I don’t think it’s anymore of a risk than having an individual who has Sheriff’s Office/Police Department experience. Many individuals who have been elected Sheriff with relevant experience have been terrible Sheriff’s. Others with relevant experience have been excellent Sheriff’s.

You are correct, State Trooper’s primary job is traffic related issues however they are still fully fledged state certified law enforcement officers. IIRC, they still have to learn non-traffic areas of the law.

I’m not sure if he will make you guys handle S-04’s or not. I don’t personally think their are enough Deputies on the road to handle them right now.

HCSO has the potential to be a great agency with the right leadership. Vent may or may not be the answer. Only time will tell.

In closing, I want to clarify a couple things. I do not hate HCSO, I want them to become an outstanding agency. I have several friends within the agency I would do anything for. There is also a few individuals I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.

Unregistered
    "Some of their characters needs to be examined to, especially with all the infidelity (Everyone knows the individuals I am talking about)."

I was shocked when I found out about all the nonsense going on over there. Supervisors sleeping with deputies, deputies sleeping with deputies, deputies sleeping with other deputies wives, you name it. That place may as well be called the HardOn County SO.

Unregistered

Wow

Agree with both the above posts. The now lame duck admin knows about all the sleeping around but refused to address it. If only the public knew what really goes on inside HardUp CO SO.

Unregistered
    Missing dope, literal criminals working there, everybody ****ing around with each other and each others spouses, corruption, and they still act as if they're the best agency in FL. Polk Co. cringes every time they have to respond to County line and interact with HCSO. Someone needs to knock these idiots down a peg or two and give them a reality check. Hopefully Crawford makes some huge changes there and we see a lot of new faces.

Unregistered
    It is extremely rare for a new Sheriff (Who was not working in another position at the Sheriff’s Office at time of election) to not make changes. I am sure from at least Captain and above will change.

I’ll leave the DTF topic alone for now.

Let’s face it, HCSO needs help. Things haven’t been right for so many years. Before I get unloaded on, I have worked for and worked around multiple agencies which had poor reputations. HCSO is the worst agency I have ever seen when it comes to politics, bureaucracy, drama and backstabbing.
    Some (Not all) of the road patrol Sgt’s/Cpl’s are inexperienced and would never be in their positions at a larger and better ran agency. Some of their characters needs to be examined to, especially with all the infidelity (Everyone knows the individuals I am talking about). A *few* road patrol deputies also have questionable characters/backgrounds.

Several retired State Troopers have been elected Sheriff in the State of Florida. Some have been great, some have been terrible. I don’t think it’s anymore of a risk than having an individual who has Sheriff’s Office/Police Department experience. Many individuals who have been elected Sheriff with relevant experience have been terrible Sheriff’s. Others with relevant experience have been excellent Sheriff’s.

You are correct, State Trooper’s primary job is traffic related issues however they are still fully fledged state certified law enforcement officers. IIRC, they still have to learn non-traffic areas of the law.

I’m not sure if he will make you guys handle S-04’s or not. I don’t personally think their are enough Deputies on the road to handle them right now.

HCSO has the potential to be a great agency with the right leadership. Vent may or may not be the answer. Only time will tell.

In closing, I want to clarify a couple things. I do not hate HCSO, I want them to become an outstanding agency. I have several friends within the agency I would do anything for. There is also a few individuals I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.
    Darn well said

Unregistered
    With the Undrrsheriff allegedly staying (not sure in what capacity though) I seriously doubt much will change. Disappointed in Vent. If Inwould have know this I would of voted for someone else in the primary.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've heard everything from no changes at all (which I find hard to believe) to a complete revamping of the agency...DTF disbanded or re-organized, firings and demotions, changes to policy, etc. He's a former Trooper, and I just don't see how a guy like him is capable of running a full-service law enforcement agency. Other than the occasional rolling domestic, what else do these guys do besides crashes and traffic enforcement? Is he going to start making the Sheriff's Office handle crashes in order to free up his Trooper buddies? The guy really hasn't said much at all about what his plan with the agency is.
    Rumor has it he is bringing in some former troopers for his admin.

Unregistered
    I wholeheartedly disagree with those posts. NONE of you posters have a clue about HCSO. You sit up there in Polk and talk jibberish . It is a professional agency and has had excellent leadership under the current Sheriff. Only reason why the Major didn’t get elected was because several others ran against him which split the vote. He would of won in a landslide if a couple others didn’t run. The deputies do their jobs and are extremely competent. Everybody gets along and they have a great relationship with the community and other area agencies. Everything you hear negative about HCSO comes from terminated employees and is nothing more than a witch hunt and smoke and mirrors.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree with those posts. NONE of you posters have a clue about HCSO. You sit up there in Polk and talk jibberish . It is a professional agency and has had excellent leadership under the current Sheriff. Only reason why the Major didn’t get elected was because several others ran against him which split the vote. He would of won in a landslide if a couple others didn’t run. The deputies do their jobs and are extremely competent. Everybody gets along and they have a great relationship with the community and other area agencies. Everything you hear negative about HCSO comes from terminated employees and is nothing more than a witch hunt and smoke and mirrors.
    Shut up, Eddie. You're an egotistical **** and thought you had the election in the bag based solely on the fact that you work for the SO already and have a lot of time in. Newsflash, the position is earned, and the people of Hardee County clearly didn't think you earned anything. You can't even run DTF or dispatch, how the hell are you supposed to run an entire Sheriff's Office? Let's talk about your missing dope, let's discuss the illegal activities your DTF folks do, let's talk the CONSTANT **** ups that dispatch make, despite multiple warnings. Let's discuss the multiple resignations/firings that have occurred, all because of YOU. You're a shitty person and an even shittier leader. I wouldn't trust you to run a coffeepot. Now go finish packing up your office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast