Employment question.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Employment question.

I'm coming up on 20 years as as firefighter and I'm looking for my second career. Is self-sponsoring through an academy, applying and getting hired a realistic expectation? Or would my lack of law enforcement experience be a negative?

Unregistered
    Your lack of law enforcement experience will not necessarily hurt you.
    You will just start at a lower pay bracket. We have several detectives who self-sponsored and were hired with no experience, who are actually doing very well. So don't be discouraged.
    Good Luck

Unregistered
    There is a reason for the constant turnover. Do a little research.

Unregistered
    Greetings, few questions, are there any openings. What's the yearly salary and how many vacation days, sick days do you guys get. Also, someone with a 20+ years of LE experience from out of state what pay rate would they fall under. Lastly, for our of state applicants does the division require a FL LE certification or can I get hired and then get the certification after being hired

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Greetings, few questions, are there any openings. What's the yearly salary and how many vacation days, sick days do you guys get. Also, someone with a 20+ years of LE experience from out of state what pay rate would they fall under. Lastly, for our of state applicants does the division require a FL LE certification or can I get hired and then get the certification after being hired
    Hi. Yearly salary could be at $46k or 51k depending what county you work in. All hires start at the same step. Out of state you would likely have to become certified. Refer to this link on how to cross over to become certified in Florida https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/O...-Training.aspx
    I believe you would have to be certified before being hired.

Sick and vacation time is nothing to worry about as you will have sufficient and this is a great agency to work for if you have a family. This agency does not pay overtime but rather gives you time to leave off for the OT that you work.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3212010]Hi. Yearly salary could be at $46k or 51k depending what county you work in. All hires start at the same step. Out of state you would likely have to become certified. Refer to this link on how to cross over to become certified in Florida https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/O...-Training.aspx
    I believe you would have to be certified before being hired.

Sick and vacation time is nothing to worry about as you will have sufficient and this is a great agency to work for if you have a family. This agency does not pay overtime but rather gives you time TO TAKE OFF* for the OT that you earn.

Unregistered
    There is a reason no one stays long.

Unregistered
    There is a reason no one stays long.
    Can you share with the class those reasons?

Unregistered
    What is the policy on facial hair?

Unregistered
    What is the policy on facial hair?
    Beards can be as long as you can keep it neat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast