With SPPD announcing they will not send LEO to certain calls for service, you should have a discussion about where you spend your resources.

SOU? Can Sgt. K tell you there is less drug activity in Largo than when Sgt. W or Sgt. L or Sgt. T or Sgt. C ran things? There are other ways to run a crack house out of business than making buys, waiting on a warrant, then spending $5000 in TAC team man hours to bust in and find $247.00 and some weed.

POP.? I asked the DC one time what the the POP team did. I got an answer that sounded like ten minutes of a thesis statement for some command staff member working on their University of Phoenix online masters. I wondered if he has listened to the radio in the last ten years.

ISD? Since Sgt. B said he routinely closed cases just because he did not have somebody to work them, the decision has already been made that some cases are not worthy of follow up. Where should that line be,? and how does it relate to spending money on a detective to pretend he is a 13 year girl on line.

SRO. Many schools don't want them there, and if the schedule was not M-F/days would the same people be interested in doing it? Is the interaction with youth which you are seeking best handled by that type of sworn LEO.

ELDER Liaison This position was created by Aradi for one officer with a health problem who was near retirement. Why is it cost effective to continue to use a sworn officer for this position?

MENTAL HEALTH Liaison Explain what this position does and why it needs to be a sworn officer.

SUPOORT SERVICES. A prior chief came very close to getting rid of crossing guards. Is a a full time civilian and a full time Sgt needed to watch over a Canadien spending every Saturday taking cruisers to get washed?, and the way some volunteers are used in records and ISD comes very close to violating Federal Law.

The only thing inevitable is change...