New candidate for Sheriff - Page 40
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Spike Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To quote the Orlando Sentinel:
    "Seminole has one of the state's best sheriff's in Dennis Lemma, and voters should keep him"

Spike, that's gotta sting a little......
    Consider the source....so no not at all. An interviewer was more concerned about my homestead exemption than my plan, my experience ect. It was a one sided q/a but I was happy to get many facts out there.

90 percent of Lemma's endorsements were handed to him ( not earned) before anyone was even running against him. What does that say? Im not a politician and the only endorsements that I want is the voters.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    Consider the source....so no not at all. An interviewer was more concerned about my homestead exemption than my plan, my experience ect. It was a one sided q/a but I was happy to get many facts out there.

90 percent of Lemma's endorsements were handed to him ( not earned) before anyone was even running against him. What does that say? Im not a politician and the only endorsements that I want is the voters.

Consider the source??? A very liberal paper that endorses a conservative republican over a democrat...hmm I think it has less to do with the source and more to do with the material, or in your case, the lack thereof.

Unregistered

You were quick to post the video on here and your Facebook page for someone who isn't concerned about it. Spike, you've become a great politician. You've learned quite well to say whatever you can to get votes. Good job.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Retired Deputy Sheriff

The Orlando Sentinel does not have nearly the influence in the community that it used to have. Its circulation has been declining for years. They have laid off employees and even vacated their headquarters building in downtown Orlando. Their local news section is a joke. The Daily Shopper has more pages. The Sentinel will always endorse the incumbent in a race unless that person is a pedophile or serial killer. And remember...in 2016, the Sentinel endorsed Hillary Clinton for President. How did that work out?

Spike Hopkins
    Consider the source??? A very liberal paper that endorses a conservative republican over a democrat...hmm I think it has less to do with the source and more to do with the material, or in your case, the lack thereof.
    Exactly, liberal. Did anything I say in the interview sound liberal to you? Everything Lemma said was catered to a liberal newspaper.

We don't want more police we want more civilians = defunding

Holistic approach and finding out why criminals commit crimes.

Again, when one of the interviewers largest concerns was my homestead exemption and not my platform, that speaks volumes.

Spike Hopkins
    You were quick to post the video on here and your Facebook page for someone who isn't concerned about it. Spike, you've become a great politician. You've learned quite well to say whatever you can to get votes. Good job.
    Nope, still not a politician. I posted it for people to see both sides it had nothing to do with whether or not the sentinel is endorsing me. I still stand by everything I said in the interview. What part did I say something just to get votes? I'm curious.

Unregistered

Who earned the endorsements?

Mr. Spike, we, the loyal, faithful, productive members of SCSO earned the endorsements through our own hard work. Sometimes we have executed the programs established by our leaders, and sometimes through our own initiative. But those endorsements come on our backs. They weren't just handed out, they were absolutely earned by us; the vast majority who remain loyal to the cause and the leader of this agency and are proud our work hasn't gone unnoticed. I'll remain anonymous lest the attacks from the disgruntled minority that you so aggressively ally with, will be ruthlessly launched. But know there are a lot more of us within the ranks, than there are disgruntled.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward McDonough View Post
    The Orlando Sentinel does not have nearly the influence in the community that it used to have. Its circulation has been declining for years. They have laid off employees and even vacated their headquarters building in downtown Orlando. Their local news section is a joke. The Daily Shopper has more pages. The Sentinel will always endorse the incumbent in a race unless that person is a pedophile or serial killer. And remember...in 2016, the Sentinel endorsed Hillary Clinton for President. How did that work out?
    Well, I see the new policy of allowing visits to Nursing homes is paying off. Someone woke up ol' Ed. Yes Ed, we know, Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Unregistered

BIDEN/Lemma 2020

Endorsement: Joe Biden for president, because he can get us out of Trump’s mess

So this is the Orlando Sentinels take on who they are endorsing for president...Joe Biden ...Dennis Lemma Is endorsed by the same people who hate Donald Trump and want someone with dementia running our country? Watch the interview Dennis Lemma is a liberal in Republican clothing!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...f7u-story.html

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Retired Deputy Sheriff

To Unregistered: If you want to disagree with my post about the Sentinel, that's fine. Say whatever you want. But what has my age got to do with it? Would you like to insult my race, religion or heritage too? Your post only proves your own ignorance. Dennis Lemma must be really proud to have someone like you working for him. In fact, doesn't the SCSO have a social media policy about posting personal insults. You are coming very close to violating that policy especially you did not have the courage to sign your name.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast