Too many rookies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Insurance Is horrible most people left because you can’t support a family on it. Specially Units go unused. Reactive policing only - proactive police work will get you in trouble. Small city and admin still acts like our clientele needs white glove service when in reality there old or a criminal (not allowed to arrest them). Admin is horrible they keep saying there leaving but there not going anywhere. Department is run down, small and not a real dept. if your at a small department now I would say find mid size department or maybe even plant city or USF.

Unregistered
    Contact someone at the department or social media account and get information. Also applications can be picked up on second floor. I agree with others not worth your time look elsewhere.

Unregistered
    It’s not worth it. The agency is very small so the department will not have your back when it comes to liability. You don’t want to do any proactive enforcement because the agency and the supervisors will ding you for any little thing or God forbid they have to do some sort of work. The leadership is broken and their is no hope for this agency. The pay is good but not worth the stress of gossip and constant back stabbing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not worth it. The agency is very small so the department will not have your back when it comes to liability. You don’t want to do any proactive enforcement because the agency and the supervisors will ding you for any little thing or God forbid they have to do some sort of work. The leadership is broken and their is no hope for this agency. The pay is good but not worth the stress of gossip and constant back stabbing.
    On point. This place destroys officers who may have been good at another department. I have seen first hand officers who were great at prior departments become disgruntled slugs who sit under a tree until retirement complaining the entire time.

Unregistered
    Their is a reason why the first question you are asked when you get here is ... “ why did you apply here? “ . Don’t waste your time and be subjected to a 3 year contract when you can be with another agency. No specialty units here and the only reason people join the two joke of a units we have available is so that they can get out of patrol and reports. It’s a shit hole. You get forced to stay here because of the contract or too many bad marks in your work history. 90 percent of the agency are rookies because the smart ones knew to get out of this dump when they had the chance.

Unregistered
    Their is a reason why the first question you are asked when you get here is ... “ why did you apply here? “ . Don’t waste your time and be subjected to a 3 year contract when you can be with another agency. No specialty units here and the only reason people join the two joke of a units we have available is so that they can get out of patrol and reports. It’s a shit hole. You get forced to stay here because of the contract or too many bad marks in your work history. 90 percent of the agency are rookies because the smart ones knew to get out of this dump when they had the chance.
    Great point. I should’ve known I made a mistake when during first phase of hiring they said are you want to work here because it’s not easy to leave and start over. Aka we will not make it easy and not let you start over. Detectives won’t leave because they don’t want to be/ don’t know how to be on the road. K9 opened and no one put in for it forcing department to give away the dog, a dog who should have never been with the guy who lost his dog once before. You have an “officer” sitting on Facebook all day who forgot how to put on a vest and work and no REAL undercover will ever come back because the admin refuses to admit drugs are in their ‘perfect’ city. Then you have swat, not enough time to talk about that joke. Save your sanity and dignity go else where. All the smart ones have gone already ie Tampa, Hcso, Pinellas, Seminole, you name it ..

Unregistered
    Great point. I should’ve known I made a mistake when during first phase of hiring they said are you want to work here because it’s not easy to leave and start over. Aka we will not make it easy and not let you start over. Detectives won’t leave because they don’t want to be/ don’t know how to be on the road. K9 opened and no one put in for it forcing department to give away the dog, a dog who should have never been with the guy who lost his dog once before. You have an “officer” sitting on Facebook all day who forgot how to put on a vest and work and no REAL undercover will ever come back because the admin refuses to admit drugs are in their ‘perfect’ city. Then you have swat, not enough time to talk about that joke. Save your sanity and dignity go else where. All the smart ones have gone already ie Tampa, Hcso, Pinellas, Seminole, you name it ..

Daim...
    I was looking into TT, the three year contract doesn't matter to me really because I'm looking fir an opportunity. Im dual cert , can't stand the jail any longer. Seems like this job overall is going down hill very quickly .. smh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12