Lateral to OCSO

Thread: Lateral to OCSO

Unregistered

Lateral to OCSO

Looking at making the move to FL and Orange County seems like it would be a good fit for me. I’m on the job in the northeast and looking to get my EOT course done this summer as well as my Florida cert. If I were to be hired, I would still have to do the 9 week in house training correct? Does anyone know what exactly this consists of?

As far as the agency goes, I like being proactive and going after guns/drugs. I don’t mind taking calls either but I’d eventually like to get on a proactive unit. Is that very competitive and what’s the selection process like?

Also I saw that a voice stress test is done. I’ve never taken one of these before, is it voodoo magic like a polygraph or what?

Thanks for any info and stay safe out there

Unregistered
    Yeah you have to do the full in house BRT but FTO can be accelerated.

BRT is high liabilities, scenarios, classes on every unit in the agency, ground fighting, etc.

There are plenty of proactive units to apply to but you have to do 2 years on patrol first.

Unregistered

BRT 9 week

Is the BRT similar to the academy? I graduated the academy in 2018 and am currently In the process with OCSO

Unregistered
    Yes it’s similar to the academy unfortunately.