Just curious
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious

Unregistered

Just curious

Has anyone been told to stop unnecessary citizen interactions or are you still out there making proactive stops? Has anyone been given any PPE? I see today you had 3 members test positive and I’m sure that number will grow if you’re expected to make contact with the public. I’d love to hear what steps and direction are being taken to protect you all. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has anyone been told to stop unnecessary citizen interactions or are you still out there making proactive stops? Has anyone been given any PPE? I see today you had 3 members test positive and I’m sure that number will grow if you’re expected to make contact with the public. I’d love to hear what steps and direction are being taken to protect you all. Thanks in advance.
    We have all made the choice to not stop unless it’s necessary but was that a directive given? No just us taking the precautions to protect ourselves. Our station is out of all ppe except maybe gloves. We were never issued masks here I see some people saying that they received them elsewhere in the state but not in D, the 2nd worst area in the state for the virus, Would be nice to get an email with what they’re doing to get us supplies or tell us to stop enforcement unless it’s necessary. I guess since all we do in Orlando is go from call to call they don’t know what to do to protect us and quite frankly don’t care. All short forms should be provided a case number over the phone and told to go home for their safety and ours.

Unregistered
    Some official guidance would be nice. I still here people going x50 all day because they are terrified of these number hungry supervisors. The colonel should send out a directive and put a stop to some of this before we start contaminating entire districts. The fact that most districts have not provided anything more than hand sanitizer is pathetic. If you want these people to carry on business as usual you had better offer some real protection. Many of the agencies in my area have completely changed their protocols from proactive to reactive only and even then only when absolutely necessary. Someone needs to take charge and lay down some guidelines. The health of our members and their families should be far more important than tickets.

Unregistered
    Agreed, Tallahassee has been far too quiet about this. Only direction I got was locally. Basically go for the egregious violations and remember that a lot of people have lost their jobs.

Unregistered
    Pinellas county troopers held a speed detail on Saturday. I couldn’t believe it. 7 x50s on the CAD at one point. Again no guidance from Tallahassee, this is what you get. Children out here playing.

Unregistered
    Agreed, Tallahassee has been far too quiet about this. Only direction I got was locally. Basically go for the egregious violations and remember that a lot of people have lost their jobs.
    Exactly! No reason to go crazy out there.

Unregistered
    I left for a different agency after several years at FHP. I can tell you that we have been told by our union to stop proactive activity unless absolutely necessary. We have been given PPE and our supervisors are monitoring calls so that officers aren't sent to calls that citizens can file online reports for. Additionally, we get several emails everyday updating us on what the department is doing to provide a safer environment for us. Communication was an issue while at FHP and apparently things haven't changed much. Its one thing to be paid low but its another to have a chain of command MIA. Good luck to those staying at FHP.

Unregistered

No Detail

Pinellas county troopers held a speed detail on Saturday. I couldn’t believe it. 7 x50s on the CAD at one point. Again no guidance from Tallahassee, this is what you get. Children out here playing.
    No detail just troopers doing their job. With the roadways less crowded and other departments limiting their enforcement has given the public the impression no one is going to stop them. They are taking advantage of it and just to keep the facts straight we have worked 7 fatals since this whole thing started last month. The stay at home orders are having little effect on our fatal rate. We have more killed right now than we did by this same time last October.

Oh by the way the slowest one stopped yesterday was 94 mph and fastest was 119 mph.

Go away and piss in someone else's sandbox.

Unregistered
    No detail just troopers doing their job. With the roadways less crowded and other departments limiting their enforcement has given the public the impression no one is going to stop them. They are taking advantage of it and just to keep the facts straight we have worked 7 fatals since this whole thing started last month. The stay at home orders are having little effect on our fatal rate. We have more killed right now than we did by this same time last October.

Oh by the way the slowest one stopped yesterday was 94 mph and fastest was 119 mph.

Good job rookie. You really made a difference out there.

Unregistered

Definitely worth risking contracting a deadly virus and bringing that home to your family. Said nobody ever. Answer your radio, make yourself visible to the public, wash your hands and go home. We don’t need any “heroes” right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast