How does social distancing work for patrol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He was only 29 years old. So much for it only killing old people.

John Kost

Time for Tom Knight to take care of his people

You're dispatched to a domestic dispute. Upon your arrival, both occupants admit that they're under self-quarantine, due to both of them exhibiting coronavirus symptoms (fever, coughing, etc). She has physical marks on her (from being battered).

QUESTIONS:

• Do you arrest an infected corrnavirus suspect and place him in your patrol car and transport him to the jail? If you arrest him, then you have to touch him, which could infect you. If you place him in your patrol car, then you could get sick by breathing in a tiny confined space with him.
    • Do you place the infected victim in your patrol car and transport her to SPARCC?
    • Do you leave them together, since they are both already quarantined - and you don't want to become inflected by touching either of them and/or by placing placing either of them in your patrol car?

Firefighters say that patrol officers are their canaries. When firefighters see first responding officers dropping, then that's their cue to don their protective gear!
    Here we go. Tom, and I call you Tom because you have lost all my respect for the office you hold. Get your people N95 masks to wear, face shields and proper amount of cleansing products for your deputies and jailers to use. Get them lockers at fleet and D3 so they can shower and leave their work clothes at work so they can protect their families. Seriously, if you don’t know where to get them call me, I’ll hook you up so you can take of your people. I know that is a new concept for you to grasp but give whirl. It be Ream’s my heart to see that your people are not protected because, well I can only believe at this point you just don’t care. That though is nothing new.

Unregistered
    Well, down almost a whole squad from one house. That was interesting.

public safety

Post You May Be Eligible For Eighty Hours Of Federal Sick Leave

Well, down almost a whole squad from one house. That was interesting.
    • FYI You May be eligible for 80 hours of Federal Sick Leave.
    • The Florida Department of Management Services released guidance detailing eligibility on how to use the 80 hours of federal sick leave that was applied to each of us
    • Details: https://files.constantcontact.com/e5...1fec28d9e0.pdf

It's sad that this critical information has to be disseminated at leoaffairs to all SSO employees, in lieu of Tom Knight or Kurt Hoffman providing it. Alas, Knight and Hoffman "are what they are."

Unregistered

Post SPD limits person-to-person non-emergency calls

Unregistered

Post 19.3% of NYPD patrol officers call in sick

• 442 uniformed NYPD officers test positive
    • 4111 uniformed NYPD officers (11.4%) are on sick report

Link: https://www.fox5ny.com/news/one-in-f...-call-out-sick

Unregistered

Thumbs up Poisonous attitudes about PPE gear

Quote Originally Posted by John Kost View Post
    Here we go.

Tom - and I call you Tom because you have lost all my respect for the office you hold - get your people N95 masks to wear, face shields and proper amount of cleansing products for your deputies and jailers to use. Get them lockers at fleet and D3, so they can shower and leave their work clothes at work, so they can protect their families. Seriously, if you don’t know where to get them, then call me and I’ll hook you up so you can take of your people. I know that is a new concept for you to grasp, but give it a whirl.

It ream’s my heart to see that your people are not protected because, well, I can only believe, at this point, that you just don’t care. That though, is nothing new.
    The prevailing poisonous attitudes on the 3rd floor attitude are:
    * "Oh Coronavirus will never happen here."
    * "Oh Coronavirus is not that bad."
    * "Oh, my deputies are just fine and they don't need PPE gear."
    * "Oh my patrol deputies won't get sick when they interact with people."

Either someone upstairs doesn't care or they are stupid. Pick your poison.

Unregistered
    The link wouldn't open for me and I was unable to find it on the channel 40 website. Basing this post simply on the title it would appear that this idea is the one that knightmare dumped. We used to call it Front Desk calls where there was a report placed on fie and it kept road deputies free to handle other calls. Now we don't have it in place and we send a deputy to take a complaint whilst exposing him/her to a potential Covid-19 carrier. Again, good job there Tommy boy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by public safety View Post
    • FYI You May be eligible for 80 hours of Federal Sick Leave.
    • The Florida Department of Management Services released guidance detailing eligibility on how to use the 80 hours of federal sick leave that was applied to each of us
    • Details: https://files.constantcontact.com/e5...1fec28d9e0.pdf

It's sad that this critical information has to be disseminated at leoaffairs to all SSO employees, in lieu of Tom Knight or Kurt Hoffman providing it. Alas, Knight and Hoffman "are what they are."
    From the Act:

• "For employers with existing paid leave policies, the Act’s paid sick time is in addition to any existing leave. An employer cannot require employees to use their existing accrued leave time before using this emergency leave. Employers also cannot require their employees to find a replacement worker if they need to take this emergency leave."

Unregistered

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast