Attention Andrew Sheets - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
 
  1. #21
    Administrator LEO Affairs Colonel MOD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    just because they lost once doesn't mean they'll lose again man You're just like everybody else you can and will be subpoenaed
    Do you know what case law is? Obviously not. Case law was created when the 2nd DCA denied the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Appeal. That means in order for any judge to order us to honor a subpoena for IP addresses, whoever was trying to get the IP addresses would have to get either the full 2nd DCA to overturn that ruling or the Florida Supreme Court to overturn it.

    Mod 1
    Mod 1

    http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

    Terms Of Use

    The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

  2. #22
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    For the record, years ago, the 2nd DCA ruled that LEOAFFAIRS did NOT have to honor subpoenas from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office who was investigating who was making some posts on their Message Board. The 2nd DCA ruled in our favor WITHOUT comment. For those of you that don't know what that means, it left nothing to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court. So, we have court rulings on our side that we do not have to honor subpoenas for IP addresses of posters on the Message Boards.

    Mod 1
    If you listed as a co-defendant you do, as well as complying with discovery requests

  3. #23
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Didn’t a female deputy sue a poster on leo affairs and win? Did you not have to give up IP in that case? By the way times have changed drastically since your lawsuit with the old sheriff. There are thousands of website and internet based suits the claim “stare decises” . My opinion there is no SAO that would ever waste their time with that nonsense. Post away Andrew. Chili’s obviously drunk. Steve ~

  4. #24
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Question Q & a

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn’t a female deputy sue a poster on leo affairs and win? Did you not have to give up IP in that case? By the way times have changed drastically since your lawsuit with the old sheriff. There are thousands of website and internet based suits the claim “stare decises” . My opinion there is no SAO that would ever waste their time with that nonsense. Post away Andrew. Chili’s obviously drunk. Steve ~
    QUESTION:

    Is Andrew Sheets threatening sue leoaffairs:

    • To be able to continue his offensive, insultive, false allegations of others at leoaffairs?
      .
      or
      .
    • To get the IPs of posters who post things about him?

  5. #25
    Administrator LEO Affairs Colonel MOD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn’t a female deputy sue a poster on leo affairs and win? Did you not have to give up IP in that case? By the way times have changed drastically since your lawsuit with the old sheriff. There are thousands of website and internet based suits the claim “stare decises” . My opinion there is no SAO that would ever waste their time with that nonsense. Post away Andrew. Chili’s obviously drunk. Steve ~
    Afraid not. We have never been forced to hand over any IP addresses.

    Mod 1
    Mod 1

    http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

    Terms Of Use

    The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

  6. #26
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    More rubbish.

    There are angry mentally ill people in the United States who abuse the court system by filing literally hundreds of false claims, but not every accusation has merit or legal standing in court. Andrew Sheets obviously comes to mind. For example:

    1. Andrew Sheets must have legal justification to get a subpoena.
      .
    2. Additionally, since the United States has an adversarial court system, a respondent is not required to obey an illegal subpoena from a lawsuit filed by Andrew Sheets -- and a judge will uphold the respondent's refusal to obey any such subpoena.

    It's an adversarial system and a mentally ill person who abuses the court system will have his lawsuit thrown out of court. Leoaffairs is private property and Andrew Sheets is persona non grata here.
    For a criminal case, a judge's signature is required for a subpoena. For a civil case, any lawyer or pro-se party can file one out, have it stamped by the clerk and you are good to go. I've issued dozens of them myself, served them and even had a judge rule that I have every right to do so when the opposing side filed a Motion to Protect. Get your facts straight.

  7. #27
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    For the record, years ago, the 2nd DCA ruled that LEOAFFAIRS did NOT have to honor subpoenas from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office who was investigating who was making some posts on their Message Board. The 2nd DCA ruled in our favor WITHOUT comment. For those of you that don't know what that means, it left nothing to appeal to the Florida Supreme Court. So, we have court rulings on our side that we do not have to honor subpoenas for IP addresses of posters on the Message Boards.

    Mod 1
    That is ONLY because the Sheriff did not file the proper paperwork in the jurisdiction where you claim to conduct business.

  8. #28
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you listed as a co-defendant you do, as well as complying with discovery requests
    100% true. If you are a defendant, not only must you comply with subpoenas, you are also subject to discovery, depositions, Request to Admit, Interrogatories, Notices to Produce and all manner of required production.

  9. #29
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs up Mental health issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you listed as a co-defendant you do, as well as complying with discovery requests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    100% true. If you are a defendant, not only must you comply with subpoenas, you are also subject to discovery, depositions, Request to Admit, Interrogatories, Notices to Produce and all manner of required production.
    Let's review this by-the-numbers in 5 easy steps:

    1. Andrew Sheets visits leoaffairs and posts insults and false allegations about leos.
    2. Andrew Sheets is insulted when people respond-in-kind.
    3. Sheets threatens to sue leoaffairs and anonymous posters who responded-in-kind to him.
    4. Andrew Sheets is banned from leoaffairs and told not to return.
    5. Andrew Sheets returns anyways and threatens to sue for being banned.

    Andrew Sheets, stay away from leoaffairs!

  10. #30
    Administrator LEO Affairs Colonel MOD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is ONLY because the Sheriff did not file the proper paperwork in the jurisdiction where you claim to conduct business.
    That is completely wrong. The Sheriff's Office filed in Hillsborough County which was the correct venue back then.

    Mod 1
    Mod 1

    http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

    Terms Of Use

    The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •