I live in the Bay Area, California. Same problem over here as well. At one point, California had introduced a $1000 non-fixable ticket for an excessively loud exhaust, but it's been reverted back to a $25 dollar fix-it ticket, so i heard. The residential street where my house is located used to be very peaceful and quiet some 10 years ago, but now I hear a loud car with a modified exhaust drive by almost every 5 to 10 minutes or so. The frustrating part is that even car manufacturers make their vehicles, such as Mustangs and Chargers, excessively loud right out of the factory! I wish some law firm or firms would start a multi-billion dollar class action law suit against those car, truck and third party exhaust system manufacturers which intentionally make cars and trucks excessively loud - i think many people would sign up. Those manufacturers, by making loud vehicles, ruin people's quality of life and geopardize people's safety, not just on the roads. Imagine, a truck driver who got woken up in the middle of the night by the roar of one of those machines, who will be driving a 40 ton big rig all sleepy the next day. Imagine a pilot or a surgeon in the same situation and the lives that depend on them getting a proper rest. This noise pollution has got to stop!