Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Pinellas County deputy shoots, kills man who pointed gun at him in St. Petersburg

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...KQfu6CF0ifKL6U

The key is to get home alive and Curry did just that. Good job Curry.

Unregistered
    Point is, bad guy asked for thunder and got it. Two felons who shouldn’t have had any guns pulled out on the wrong people. Great job by Curry. Poor decisions by bad guys.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The key is to get home alive and Curry did just that. Good job Curry.
    Amen! Great job Curry!!

Unregistered
    GOOD JOB CURRY!!!! And good job to the Sheriff for standing up and telling the media to STFU. Good press conference.

Unregistered
    Puzee As* Nig*as Fken with The Grim Reaper. Got lit up. Biotch Thugs

Unregistered
    Holloway's response was predictable. So sad that St Pete tax payers let this lack of order continue. Think about the audacity of someone finding a cop in front of their house and nonchalantly returning with a gun that way. They are fostering a climate that is only going to lead to more of this.

Keep voting democrat down there. Its working out great.

Curry: You did a great job bro and I'm proud to know you.

Unregistered
    I am glad Mr Curry acted quicky and was able to go home unharmed. This job isn't what it used to be. Many of these idiots shouldn't be on the loose, but murderers and future murderers are among us waiting for their chance. Just do your best to go home every night/day. It's getting to be a challenge more than a saying.

Unregistered
    This is a failure of the criminal justice system that a violent perp with 36 felonies (and his accomplice with 6) was walking the streets and endangering
    LEOs. Their brazen attempt to murder Curry shows how out of control crime really is in the city. It's also a failure of SPPD who's lax policies (written and unwritten) have transformed the city into a heaven for criminals. It's not an issue for the mayor and city council though. However it is important to keep in mind that SPPD is on a short leash controlled by the liberal St. Petersburg politicians which prevents the agency doing its job while coddling criminals. The mayor and city council do not deserve to be re-elected. Thank God I do not work at SPPD because I would not last a week on duty.

Unregistered
    There's a reason he chief doesnt live in his own city.

Unregistered
    I know that I'm going to ruffle a lot of feathers here, but can anyone explain why Dep. Curry didn't simply drive off, when approached by the men with guns? Why would you get out of your car and engage two armed men, one who has a high capacity, semi-automatic rifle, with a handgun? Even worse, the deputy expended 17 rounds and hit one of the armed men with one round. Where did the other 16 rounds go? The deputy was exceptionally fortunate that neither of these yahoos were good shots and, apparently, not combat veterans. Otherwise, you all would probably be going to a funeral.

Curry was legally justified in the actions that he took. But, unless someone can provide me with a very good reason for him to exit his vehicle and engage these men, instead of retreating to a safer distance, and arming himself with a patrol rifle or shotgun, then I have to say that, IMO, his choice of tactics sucked.

Glad to see he was not injured.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast