What authority do you guys possess?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

What authority do you guys possess?

Statewide or limited jurisdiction? Can you guys stop cars? Assist disabled motorists and other officers on calls?

Unregistered
    We don’t enforce traffic statutes and this is not a first-response agency at all. We have statewide authority and focus on matters related to insurance fraud. Some of the cases are fairly straightforward and some are rather complex.

I would certainly like to think that every LEO, active or retired, would stop to help any officer he saw in need of assistance, but we don’t routinely backup officers on calls as a matter of practice.

This job is best suited for the seasoned detective looking for a second pension to supplement his retirement income. If you still want to run radar and work hot calls, apply to or stay at the PD or SO.

Unregistered
    What he said!

Unregistered
    I saw one of your guys at the jail with the shirt and just curious, are your members strictly limited to fraud and arson related crimes or can you also charge any crime when applicable? (i.e. working an off duty and making a petit theft arrest)

Unregistered
    We have statewide authority to arrest for any misdemeanor or felony; however, as a routine we try to have a nexus to our mission whether it be fraud or arson. In the case of off-duty jobs, we try to turn those over to on-duty locals so we can stay at the job just like most other agencies who work off-duty details. It would be pointless to catch the first shoplifter and leave the store uncovered while you do the booking shuffle for a couple of hours.

Unregistered
    Does your agency have limited jurisdiction?

Unregistered

Detachments

My background is in insurance fraud. I over worked over 10 years investigation fraud relating to auto
    Insurance. In 2015 I got The opportunity to become
    A Leo with MDPD because I wanted to get into ECB and continue doing what I was doing however making the extra step in making arrest instead of hand sling over the hard work I did. I interview every year they see my resume and till this date I keep getting the answer of it’s not the county’s priority. I have done detail for insurance sweeps and the where I pretty much ran the show , the said of three wants me there and their Sgt as well.

My question is, does DIF have any county or local guys working as a detachment I saw the opening for the Miami Office however that salary would be a huge paycut.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My background is in insurance fraud. I over worked over 10 years investigation fraud relating to auto
    Insurance. In 2015 I got The opportunity to become
    A Leo with MDPD because I wanted to get into ECB and continue doing what I was doing however making the extra step in making arrest instead of hand sling over the hard work I did. I interview every year they see my resume and till this date I keep getting the answer of it’s not the county’s priority. I have done detail for insurance sweeps and the where I pretty much ran the show , the said of three wants me there and their Sgt as well.

My question is, does DIF have any county or local guys working as a detachment I saw the opening for the Miami Office however that salary would be a huge paycut.
    We only have MOU with locals but as far as "task force officers" no.

Unregistered
    What does the insurance examiner do? Is it an office job or what does it entail?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What does the insurance examiner do? Is it an office job or what does it entail?
    It is a non sworn position of investigators who work in a different division but same department that audit and conduct administrative investigations against persons licensed by the department. They usually refer cases for criminal investigation to DIFS when there's criminal allegations that arise. Subjects include but are not limited to insurance agents & bail bondsmen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast