Opiate addiction - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree it could be an addiction, but that’s not the case for all. And if you have an issue there is help here. But if you get a DUI you are fired. If you get caught with illicit drugs and arrested on a felony you will be fired. If you ask for help you get it.
    There are many people the Sheriff has helped it is just not publicized as it should not be. Those who have benefited know. It’s a fact that many people have been given cost free treatment and the Sheriff is very compassionate about that.

Unregistered
    The problem is that most people who are addicted don't know it or are in denial. Until some event triggers their thinking, such as a doctor's visit, blood tests, an accident, spousal abuse or a DUI. Only then they seek help. The point is the DUI should be treated as a wake up call to addiction, resulting in treatment rather than instant termination.

There have been numerous cases of spouse abuse and battery due to alcoholism yet the people involved stayed on, and were covered up in some cases. Is spousal battery due to alcoholism/opiates less serious than a DUI or refusal to blow? No it is not, yet the former results in termination while the other in counseling.

Unregistered
    True facts:
    -If you are struggling with alcohol, opiates and are addressed about it. Don't minimize it, though that's exactly what people in the midst of addiction will do. It's going to interpreted as your dishonesty.
    - If your job is negatively impacted by your drug or alcohol use. Might have a problem.
    -Often addicts/alcoholics need to be forced to change, get treatment.

Unregistered
    True facts:
    -If you are struggling with alcohol, opiates and are addressed about it. Don't minimize it, though that's exactly what people in the midst of addiction will do. It's going to interpreted as your dishonesty.
    - If your job is negatively impacted by your drug or alcohol use. Might have a problem.
    -Often addicts/alcoholics need to be forced to change, get treatment.
    Quit trying to sound smart, dumbazz.

Unregistered
    I sound smart because I am. Thanks for the compliment.

Unregistered
    I sound smart because I am. Thanks for the compliment. If you don't understand the big words use a dictionary app.

Unregistered
    Steroid use is fine because Bob has a man-crush on muscular guys.

Banned LEO Affairs Recruit
    It's better to ask for help in case of any addiction until it's too late. You must ensure you don't do anything illegal and are probably fine then. It also depends on your direct manager.
    I have been addicted to alcohol for more than ten years. There were different stages, but I was basically an alcoholic. And it got worse and worse. I was too afraid to ask for help because I didn't want to lose my job, but eventually, I lost control over my life and was sent to fherehab.com. I wish I had gone there earlier because this way, I could have saved my career and health. This rehab managed to help me, and now I am sober but at what cost?
    It's better to get help at earlier stages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12