New World law enforcement mobile Tyler Technologies

Unregistered

New World law enforcement mobile Tyler Technologies

What agencies use New World mobile and continue to have issues with the program??

Just Google "New World Lawsuit" and you get several different articles about different issues. One of my biggest issues is that most patrol personal in my agency AVLs (automatic vehicle location) or (GPS) does not work. We got new Toughbooks and have been told the problems are a New World. This excuse has been going on for the last year. WTF!!??

Heaven forbid something happen to one of us to where the only thing we can do is hit our emergency button on the radio.. or worse.. one of is gets into a single vehicle accident at 3am, not witnessed, and is unable to get in the radio.

Nobody will know where to respond when the officer is in trouble or not answering x4 checks or their phone.

It is bullshi+ that any agency would allow this to go on. It is odd that the majority in my agency does not care for New World and would prefer to go back to Smart Cop. Makes you wonder why this allowed?!?!

Is anyone else having these issues? Why? Please get on here and express your concerns because when something bad happens to one of us, the world will know we expressed our concerns. If New World does not fix there issues and/or the agency we work for does not correct the officer safety issue, there will he no question as to why our loved ones should go after New World and the agency that allowed this to continue.

In the era of technology advancements, why would we allow officer safety issues to go backwards when it comes to GPS technology? Even the response times for the public is affected by these issues! 🤯

Unregistered
    Yeah, it was crap. It's the program of how not to design LE software, run "customer service" or anything else. I was in on the selection process but the Dept heads (multi agency setup) wouldn't listen to my input. So we had to live with it.

I could talk for days about all the issues and just scratch the surface but here's the gist:

Corporate culture of lying, not following up issues, blaming the customer, stonewalling, talking in circles until you just hang up, ad naseum. They will literally bleed your budget to death with "service" contracts.

I was head of crime lab/scene and related evidence. We had evidence "disappear" after it'd been entered and accepted by the system. We had evidence move to different case numbers and case numbers change. Evidence associated with a particular name would mysteriously move to another person's name. None of this was their fault, it was always operator error even when I had hard evidence of their problem.

Every operation takes far, far more work than a logically designed system. Example, one of the Det. Lts counted out a particular operation that took 4 steps in our previous mainframe system.....now took 19 steps in New World. And so on, and so on. Another example, is entering the same information over and over. Like arrest time. It does not auto populate information like it claimed it would and sometimes the information would be wrong. A 40yo person would he 1' 56" tall....??

To fix a few of the problems (they would never fix all of them) they came out with patches/updates which I dreaded. Every time an update happened something that was working would either stop or be screwed up somehow. Sometimes it took months to find out what quit working.

New World (we called it Lost World) was always crashing or be down for maintenance. Mobiles were even worse off than my area of concern.

The really smart agency administrators ran from NW, the smart ones dumped NW after dealing with it for awhile. The rest still lurch and stumble along. I still have a copy of the email from our chief stating only the chief was allowed to talk to other agencies who would call to ask about Lost World. Lost World management would complain to our brass (and sheriff) when they lost a sale because a potential victim would talk an officer, detective or deputy who'd tell them what a POS it is. So to appease LW powers our "leadership" became puppets of the corporation.

It did do one thing.....it helped me decide to retire. Five years of dealing with Lost World was more than I could handle.

Instead of wearing body armor vest, I now wear a fishing vest.

Unregistered
    There is word that our agency had been looking at this program but that rumor has died down. We have a neighboring county in the florida panhandle that uses it and from what I have heard their patrol personal don't like it due to several issues. Seems knowing where everyone is located would be important for several scenarios.. ex. Knowing where everyone is while setting up a perimeter to catch a bad guy, seeing where your zone partners are, incase someone hits the emergency button and does not get on the radio, doesn't respond to x4 checks and they need to be found, gets in trouble and the radio doesn't work or they can't get on the radio, etc... That is a major officer safety issue. Hell, I guess that means you need to pull out a GPS or old county map book just to get to an address for a call for service if your not familiar with the area or a new officer.. ?

How would you find an officer that stopped responding to x4 checks or hit the emergency button?? That is kinda scary when you know response time for backup and/or EMS is critical.. you're kinda screwed if nobody knows where to respond.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is word that our agency had been looking at this program but that rumor has died down. We have a neighboring county in the florida panhandle that uses it and from what I have heard their patrol personal don't like it due to several issues. Seems knowing where everyone is located would be important for several scenarios.. ex. Knowing where everyone is while setting up a perimeter to catch a bad guy, seeing where your zone partners are, incase someone hits the emergency button and does not get on the radio, doesn't respond to x4 checks and they need to be found, gets in trouble and the radio doesn't work or they can't get on the radio, etc... That is a major officer safety issue. Hell, I guess that means you need to pull out a GPS or old county map book just to get to an address for a call for service if your not familiar with the area or a new officer.. ?

How would you find an officer that stopped responding to x4 checks or hit the emergency button?? That is kinda scary when you know response time for backup and/or EMS is critical.. you're kinda screwed if nobody knows where to respond.
    The CAD is the most important and used tool for patrol. Just like the radio, it should work properly and when it doesn't the issue needs to be fixed immediately before someone gets hurt.

Unregistered
    We have issues as well. It takes dispatch a while to get the call generated at times. So for example, when a reckless driver call gets created you are already several minutes behind and the vehicle is potentially several miles past the point you're being told to go to.

Unregistered
    Seems to be a common issue with new world. This is 1 of several articles I found expressing issues with New World. One thing that really sticks out is that the firm claims it will take 17-22 years to complete...🤯

"More than four years ago, the Sacramento region’s major fire departments decided they needed a faster, more modern dispatch system to handle 911 calls for fires and medical emergencies, one that would cost millions of dollars but help save lives by speeding up response times.

The departments, which serve 1.5 million people in an area stretching from Folsom through Sacramento to the Delta, sent the matter out for bids and settled on a winner in 2015, signing a contract calling for the new computer-aided dispatch system to go live on Nov. 6, 2017.

Instead, after having paid out more than $2.1 million, fire officials say they are still waiting, and they have filed a federal fraud and breach of contract lawsuit claiming that the firm now says the system will take another 17 to 22 years to complete.

“In effect, defendants’ conduct has put the lives of people and first responders who service the Sacramento region at risk,” according to the lawsuit, which was filed in federal court in Sacramento by the Sacramento Regional Public Safety Communications Center. “In an emergency, a delay of even seconds, let alone minutes, that could have been avoided with a modern CAD system may be the only difference between life and death.”

The lawsuit names New World Systems Corp., a Michigan firm that agreed to the two-year contract with the departments, and Tyler Technologies, a Plano, Texas, firm that subsequently acquired New World.

Tyler Technologies said in a statement to The Bee Monday that it could not address specifics of the lawsuit’s claims but defended its work.

“At Tyler Technologies we are strongly committed to the success of our client engagements; we maintain a 98% retention rate among our 15,000+ clients across the public sector,” the company said in an email statement. “Our policy is to work closely with our clients to resolve any issues as quickly as possible, and to our clients’ complete satisfaction.

“For legal reasons, we cannot share specific details about our engagement at the Sacramento Regional Public Safety Communications Center. However, we are confident that the claims asserted against us are without merit, and we look forward to a swift resolution of this matter.”

Joe Thuesen, interim chief executive director of of the communications center, said the fire agencies sought a new Windows-based system to replace a COBOL programming system that has been in place since 1995.

“We sought a very specific set of capabilities as part of a planned update to our emergency computer aided dispatch (CAD) software, which New World Systems — now Tyler Technologies — claimed they could deliver during the contract period,” Thuesen said in an email. “Unfortunately, those claims were untrue, and it is now clear that the company is many years away from having the capabilities promised.

“Since their current software does not provide the capabilities we contracted for and the company has refused to refund monies paid to date, our lawsuit seeks a refund and damages on behalf of our fire agency members and our local taxpayers. In the meantime, our existing dispatch software can reliably meet our emergency dispatch needs while we restart the process to modernize this computer aided dispatch system.”

The lawsuit claims the defendants “failed to fulfill even basic requirements,” such as filing monthly status reports on time, and that they submitted documents during the bidding process that contained “misleading and false information” to beat out the other two bidders.

The suit, which seeks triple the amount the departments have spent so far on the system, also claims the defendants “have a custom and practice of failing to perform on their contracts with other government agencies and entities.”

The communications center is a joint powers authority that was formed by the Sacramento Metro Fire Department, the city fire departments in Sacramento and Folsom and the Cosumnes Community Services District. The center also provides services through contracts to volunteer firefighters in Courtland, Herald, Isleton, the River Delta area, Walnut Grove and Wilton.

“These services include but are not limited to information technology for routing and dispatching 911 emergency fire and medical aid calls for the greater Sacramento region, which covers approximately 1,000 square miles, servicing 1.5 million people, and is one of the nation’s largest communication centers,” the lawsuit says.

Last year alone, the center answered more than 350,000 calls and dispatched emergency units more than 204,000 times, according to the suit.

Unregistered
    What agencies use New World mobile and continue to have issues with the program??

Just Google "New World Lawsuit" and you get several different articles about different issues. One of my biggest issues is that most patrol personal in my agency AVLs (automatic vehicle location) or (GPS) does not work. We got new Toughbooks and have been told the problems are a New World. This excuse has been going on for the last year. WTF!!??

Heaven forbid something happen to one of us to where the only thing we can do is hit our emergency button on the radio.. or worse.. one of is gets into a single vehicle accident at 3am, not witnessed, and is unable to get in the radio.

Nobody will know where to respond when the officer is in trouble or not answering x4 checks or their phone.

It is bullshi+ that any agency would allow this to go on. It is odd that the majority in my agency does not care for New World and would prefer to go back to Smart Cop. Makes you wonder why this allowed?!?!

Is anyone else having these issues? Why? Please get on here and express your concerns because when something bad happens to one of us, the world will know we expressed our concerns. If New World does not fix there issues and/or the agency we work for does not correct the officer safety issue, there will he no question as to why our loved ones should go after New World and the agency that allowed this to continue.

In the era of technology advancements, why would we allow officer safety issues to go backwards when it comes to GPS technology? Even the response times for the public is affected by these issues! 🤯
    If the agency continues to use that program without fixing or solving the issue quickly due to officer safety issues then the agency doesnt care about officer safety. Someone on top believes there is more of a benefit by staying with it even though it is a useless and dangerous CAD program for patrol. Plain and simple.

Unregistered
    If the agency continues to use that program without fixing or solving the issue quickly due to officer safety issues then the agency doesnt care about officer safety. Someone on top believes there is more of a benefit by staying with it even though it is a useless and dangerous CAD program for patrol. Plain and simple.
    Yeah still not working properly and AVLs still x7. Apparently there is a update that will be pushed in the future... however it is available now but the agency has to pay A LOT $$$ to get it. Wtf kind of shiz is that! Sounds like a scam especially since there are daily updates. Just put some bugs in the program and tell agencies were going to push a update eventually but we can fix it now for another few hundred thousand dollars... anyone know any watchdogs to look into this?

Unregistered
    New World is garbage. I worked for an agency in the Florida Panhandle that used it and it had so many problems that never got fixed. So glad to be using Smartcop again.