2020 Budget - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Budget

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should run for commission
    I really want to just be retired but the more I read it does make me want to get more involved. I just don't know if I want back on the front lines. I am definitely thinking about it

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Oh Andy, you silly boy, law enforcement does not "police for profit." Law enforcement enforces the laws which are established by the Legislative Branch of the government (there are three remember?). There are laws which are punishable by a fine (set by legislation), imprisonment, or both, depending on the severity of the infraction. If you have issues with the laws on the books, take them up with the elected officials that make the laws, and take your anti law enforcement rhetoric and shove it up the hole you speak out of. You know the one that you clean up after with your toilet brush. And for Pete's sake, stay in Charlotte County.
    I will bypass Sheets chitting on the page but I will challenge you on some statements made.

Can you cite the law that provides for LE to bypass the separation of powers to adjudicate guilt and mete out punishment? I am specifically speaking to the 'Drug House' sign planted in the ROW on private property after executing a warrant and charging one man with 2 charges: Possession of .1 gram of Cocaine and violating his probation for that possession.

Unregistered
    First off, I maybe retired from another area but I have extensive experience in police management in Florida. Secondly, I called and asked the police department directly. Third, Another poster (Stephanie) posted her public records request that confirmed the same information I was told. Fourth, The city has 104 square miles of land not including the water. Those are facts and can't be disputed. I do not think anyone is interested in an opinion from someone that can't even recognize the facts that have been posted. If you dispute the facts that people such as myself and Ms. Gibson have obtained then call yourself. The opinions of those who have zero experience in executive law enforcement really hold no merit or weight. I have scrolled through the many posts on this board and noticed that at least some are interested in the facts. It appears that Ms Gibson is one of the very few that takes the time to obtain public records and get answers. The vast many of you whom have never served in law enforcement do not. Big difference. Those not interested in facts or obtaining the truth are simply cop bashers and haters. Maybe even criminals that don't want a successful police force for all I know. I can think of no other reason why someone would not want a properly staffed and professional police department.
    First of all ,Your so called executive experience is well who cares !!! you have no experience in NP and its politics and history. Your national average is BS created by police executives for as they say a wish list. You stated you received your info from the NPPD, really creditable source there. Just remember, those who can do, those who cant become admin. You can try and defend your so called figures with your cop hater or bashers , and best of all must be the criminals posting here Rhetoric just reinforces and taints your one sided opinion in this matter. So we should hire 20 more officers to meet your so called executive criteria, pay them by raising the taxes on the homeowners train them and of course buy them new SUV's and that's just the way it is. We have no industry so the blunt would be on the taxpayers. So instead of having two cars at 7 eleven or DD getting free coffee we should have 4. maybe four cars on Sumter/Toledo running radar, They are there daily now. Guidelines aside, we have lived here a lot longer than you, this is a low call volume city, bedroom community with numerous gated communities, Ten cars on the road patrolling 90+ miles is more than adequate, Learn the facts before you spew your executive leadership crap.

Unregistered
    First of all ,Your so called executive experience is well who cares !!! you have no experience in NP and its politics and history. Your national average is BS created by police executives for as they say a wish list. You stated you received your info from the NPPD, really creditable source there. Just remember, those who can do, those who cant become admin. You can try and defend your so called figures with your cop hater or bashers , and best of all must be the criminals posting here Rhetoric just reinforces and taints your one sided opinion in this matter. So we should hire 20 more officers to meet your so called executive criteria, pay them by raising the taxes on the homeowners train them and of course buy them new SUV's and that's just the way it is. We have no industry so the blunt would be on the taxpayers. So instead of having two cars at 7 eleven or DD getting free coffee we should have 4. maybe four cars on Sumter/Toledo running radar, They are there daily now. Guidelines aside, we have lived here a lot longer than you, this is a low call volume city, bedroom community with numerous gated communities, Ten cars on the road patrolling 90+ miles is more than adequate, Learn the facts before you spew your executive leadership crap.
    Blah blah. You so wise and wonderful. I forgot that North Port is different than any other city. We are much wiser and can do something better than anyone else. You can make fun of my admin experience all you want but I have worked at every level. You have no clue what you are talking about and that is obvious. Lastly, if you too the time to read, you will not find a single post where I say to hire more officers. I simply say what the norms are. I say that because some have talked of cutting the department of personnel. If you actually had a y reading comprehension skills whatsoever you would have known that. Your ignorance to that fact tells me you either didn't read all my posts or you have a reading comprehension problem. Either way it does no good. So in closing once again, I am not saying the city run out and hire more officers. The city should keep at least the minimum we have currently and explore should improvements be planned for the future and taken into account. Poor planning can lead to some of the mess the city has now.

Unregistered
    Blah blah. You so wise and wonderful. I forgot that North Port is different than any other city. We are much wiser and can do something better than anyone else. You can make fun of my admin experience all you want but I have worked at every level. You have no clue what you are talking about and that is obvious. Lastly, if you too the time to read, you will not find a single post where I say to hire more officers. I simply say what the norms are. I say that because some have talked of cutting the department of personnel. If you actually had a y reading comprehension skills whatsoever you would have known that. Your ignorance to that fact tells me you either didn't read all my posts or you have a reading comprehension problem. Either way it does no good. So in closing once again, I am not saying the city run out and hire more officers. The city should keep at least the minimum we have currently and explore should improvements be planned for the future and taken into account. Poor planning can lead to some of the mess the city has now.
    again those who can do, those who cant well are executives. Just what is a police executive, if its sworn could be a fake corporal as NPPD has or maybe a civilian, or maybe mall security !!!!who knows, your not from around here so since I am, it would be your ignorance of the facts. In regards to reading comprehension, duh well us ignorant no polk folks cant figure out from If had a y reading comprehension skills etc must be poor planning on your part. Steph will remember when the PD cause was first taken up, what 70 total officers, no civilian aides, if you were lucky six cars total on the road and you humped everything and our executives were an ass chief with lets say wacko issues and a chief who had a GED, lied about everything and fired what 26 officers in a two year period and well just ask around, hang around as U say get a clue and then spew off, at least then you will have some credibility or not !!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I will bypass Sheets chitting on the page but I will challenge you on some statements made.

Can you cite the law that provides for LE to bypass the separation of powers to adjudicate guilt and mete out punishment? I am specifically speaking to the 'Drug House' sign planted in the ROW on private property after executing a warrant and charging one man with 2 charges: Possession of .1 gram of Cocaine and violating his probation for that possession.
    its a pumping the chest sign, community service message and comes with a free t shirt.

Unregistered
    I really want to just be retired but the more I read it does make me want to get more involved. I just don't know if I want back on the front lines. I am definitely thinking about it
    Understood. What I have seen you post here screams of common sense though, and that would be refreshing to have in our commission. A few of them are good, but the majority have no actual knowledge of how things actually work. It would be great to have someone there that understands the challenges police face daily, instead of automatically attacking the PD because they mismanage the tax payers money on ridiculous projects and then tell us we can’t have the tools to we need to keep the City safe... smh

Unregistered
    Understood. What I have seen you post here screams of common sense though, and that would be refreshing to have in our commission. A few of them are good, but the majority have no actual knowledge of how things actually work. It would be great to have someone there that understands the challenges police face daily, instead of automatically attacking the PD because they mismanage the tax payers money on ridiculous projects and then tell us we can’t have the tools to we need to keep the City safe... smh
    challenges they face, where to eat, what time is lunch, occasionally a call here or there, but the civvies handle the nuisance stuff. NPPD has it great, top salaries, if your a good old boy your in, new SUV's and low low call volume, this is not Miami, cape coral or Ft Myers, Just stop, what else do you need, motorcycles, ski jets, aviation you have everything else. Your little we need more to keep the city safe scare reference is mute and died when CM got his white tank, Stop your whining and be grateful for what you do have and that you have a great job at taxpayer expense. No more ridiculous projects, no more toys, no new 40 million dollar station , you have a vacant station on NP blvd utilize that.

Unregistered
    challenges they face, where to eat, what time is lunch, occasionally a call here or there, but the civvies handle the nuisance stuff. NPPD has it great, top salaries, if your a good old boy your in, new SUV's and low low call volume, this is not Miami, cape coral or Ft Myers, Just stop, what else do you need, motorcycles, ski jets, aviation you have everything else. Your little we need more to keep the city safe scare reference is mute and died when CM got his white tank, Stop your whining and be grateful for what you do have and that you have a great job at taxpayer expense. No more ridiculous projects, no more toys, no new 40 million dollar station , you have a vacant station on NP blvd utilize that.
    You’re clearly an ex-employee who was probably complete garbage and either got fired, or “retired” before you got fired. Move on. You probably left within about 2-4 years ago because much of what you’re saying is correct, but you’re completely wrong about some recent changes. You probably didn’t think this agency is busy because you worked your hardest to make everything a 67 and probably maintained 12 hours or so in your sick bank. We are doing great things with our new chief (back to common sense police work). So, soak up your easy pay check from School Board Police or wherever it is you waste away your days now.

Unregistered
    Save my knowledge?? You are obviously don't care about facts. What is so hard to comprehend that North Port is grossly lower (not even close) to the state average and national average for number of officers based upon population. Heck, that doesn't even include size. It doesn't matter that I have only lived here for three months to know that. Facts are facts. You choose to ignore them I assume to further what ever uneducated agenda you have. Not sure what that would be. It actually sounds like you are just a cop hater with some type of axe to grind because it makes zero sense that you would ignore the facts. Secondly, I don't need to live in a community to consult or look at facts and figures. Imagine of every consultant in the world had to lice in the city they were consulting. You see.how silly you sound and why it appears you hate the police??

At the end of the day officer to citizen ratios are for a reason. It is ok for the vast majority of agencies to follow them but not North Port? For the record, I looked up the FDLE statistics and North Port is the Only police department in Manatee, Sarasota and Charlotte Counties with a officer to population ratio below the state and national average! You see why I think you have an axe to grind or hate the police? Did you or someone you know get arrested? Do you commonly break the law??
    Are you related to AS, you certainly fixate on nonsense as he does. you seem fixated on numbers not call volume etc. Your numbers fixation is mute, nobody cares. Bet you didn't know every time three or four are hired for patrol, then three or four more good old boys get promoted, leaving patrol, are u ready, back right where they started. Short staffed. But I bet you were the type of leader who looked down on patrol. But your an executive, you know what's good for us, and only after three months wow !!!! I am not a cop hater, just the opposite retired LEO with a severe distaste for pencil pushers like you. Bet U didn't know there are no minority or women promotions, some made it to CID as a necessity. The only female commander was say retired and replaced by the asst chiefs right nut, learn your history of this dept and then maybe you will understand. Otherwise the mall is calling you, seems they need 2.4 officers per thousand shoppers and they are short staffed. As I say those who can do, those who cant become bosses !!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast