Past marijuana use.

Unregistered

Past marijuana use.

I’m a retired officer (20 yrs) and applied with your agency. When the question on the application came up ref past drug usage I was honest and answered yes to marijuana 36 years ago in high school. No others drug use . I was immediately denied by your chief. So to you potential new hires don’t be so candid like me.

Unregistered
    All you retirees that come here from another agency don't stay for too long. Either the driving to the station and no take home car gets you or you can't take the 28 day rotation from days to nights.

Unregistered
    Or the whole "you really think this is law enforcement?" thing. It's hard to go from being a cop to scanning paper.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m a retired officer (20 yrs) and applied with your agency. When the question on the application came up ref past drug usage I was honest and answered yes to marijuana 36 years ago in high school. No others drug use . I was immediately denied by your chief. So to you potential new hires don’t be so candid like me.
    Why would anyone retire from a job making good money (assumption that you made your highest amount during your last year) then want to go back to work and want to work at another law enforcement type job?

That makes absolutely no sense to me. If you have to work after retirement you should just stay at your old job instead of starting over at another one.

I see this over and over. Someone hits the retirement date and pulls the plug. A year later and they are back to working 40 hours a week at another job making 1/2 of what they were making before.

In any case, find another semi-law enforcement agency that has a more liberal drug policy.

Unregistered
    Just a bunch of wanna be cops that pass off everything to someone else.

Unregistered
    Just say no to the question. Once you get hired you can smoke all the weed you want. They don't drug test here. You're gonna need to smoke weed or eat Xanax like it's skittles. The place doesn't suck, it's alright (investigative section anyway) but it can be boring and things like arson are a total waste of time. Booze is no good. You're gonna need some good weed or you'll go out of your mind. There are days I smoke a couple good fat ones and crank up some Hendrix or Ted Nugent and have a F****k it day. They don't mess with you too much so you can do that. The pay sucks but the work isn't bad.